Dead Malls aka When malls were poppin'...

For some reason Kings Plaza is still having money pumped into it left and right.

lol Not in a few years. I hear its hanging on by a thread.
Its dead.

Finishline
Shiekh
And few of stores have closed up shop.
If your ever wanna witness the death of malls. West oaks mall is where you will experience it.

I do find great deals and steals at footlocker that still doing business but thats rarely.

I think the whole of houston goes to memorial mall or galleria.

E-commerce retail is the real reason why malls are dying. Amazon and others have really eaten into the marketshare.

Malls won’t fully go away but the Square footage of malls will get a lot smaller in future when they develop new ones.

Last edited:
Its dead.

Finishline
Shiekh
And few of stores have closed up shop.
If your ever wanna witness the death of malls. West oaks mall is where you will experience it.

I do find great deals and steals at footlocker that still doing business but thats rarely.

I think the whole of houston goes to memorial mall or galleria.

Yup and First Colony in Sugarland. People say Sharpstown is dead because of the name. Last time I went in there ALL the sneaker and "urban" clothing stores were still there.

I would go to Willowbrook and Memorial. Hated trying to park at the Galleria on busy days. Never even shopped there; just test drove the Teslas and ate at the restaurants.

Yup and First Colony in Sugarland. People say Sharpstown is dead because of the name. Last time I went in there ALL the sneaker and "urban" clothing stores were still there.
When I first heard “sugarland” im thinking its a plantation where white plantation owners own land and slaves:smh:

When I first heard “sugarland” im thinking its a plantation where white plantation owners own land and slaves:smh:

I mean it was. :lol: Theres also an old Imperial Sugar Mill is out there too. They don't hide it either. Neighborhoods like Plantation Colony.. :lol:

I mean it was. :lol: Theres also an old Imperial Sugar Mill is out there too. They don't hide it either. Neighborhoods like Plantation Colony.. :lol:
I figured it was. And im pretty sure people of color are buying homes and land where there ancestors toiled and soiled.

E-commerce retail is the real reason why malls are dying. Amazon and others have really eaten into the marketshare.

Malls won’t fully go away but the Square footage of malls will get a lot smaller in future when they develop new ones.

They're gonna end up becoming "luxury" apartments and condos :lol:

I've also seen a ton of urgent care places popping up replacing retail space. Better option than hospitals for consumers who don't actually need to be admitted. Just hire a few nurse practitioners to triage/take care of all the mild sicknesses.

Back
Top Bottom