Death of BBM coming soon!!!

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I feel bad for anyone with a Blackberry for work
fixed
smile.gif
Wow, I feel just the opposite.  While I wouldn't want a Blackberry in any circumstance, I can at least understand it for work with it's enterprise e-mail and best physical keyboard for typing actual e-mails.

When I see teenagers with Blackberrys, I just scratch my head why they want the phone.  A poor browser.  An out-of-date operating system.  Poor touchscreen devices.  Lack of apps compared to Apple and Android.

THAT^
I never understood why a young person would really want a BB. I had one for about 3 months after my palm pre died and EVO wasn't available..... Only nice feature was BBM and even then I haven't missed it much.

I actually still use CNCTED for now tho, me and my boys from undergrad have a "crew chat" on there and it makes it easier to talk to all of them without having to actually put forth the effort to hit each one. I actually had a BBM group back when I worked at Footaction and it def had its benefits, being able to send pics of things like EAs list and kicks that we may have just gotten in was always a plus.....

its funny the kids on NT have very little imaginations

fixed
smile.gif
Wow, I feel just the opposite.  While I wouldn't want a Blackberry in any circumstance, I can at least understand it for work with it's enterprise e-mail and best physical keyboard for typing actual e-mails.

When I see teenagers with Blackberrys, I just scratch my head why they want the phone.  A poor browser.  An out-of-date operating system.  Poor touchscreen devices.  Lack of apps compared to Apple and Android.

THAT^
I never understood why a young person would really want a BB. I had one for about 3 months after my palm pre died and EVO wasn't available..... Only nice feature was BBM and even then I haven't missed it much.

I actually still use CNCTED for now tho, me and my boys from undergrad have a "crew chat" on there and it makes it easier to talk to all of them without having to actually put forth the effort to hit each one. I actually had a BBM group back when I worked at Footaction and it def had its benefits, being able to send pics of things like EAs list and kicks that we may have just gotten in was always a plus.....

its funny the kids on NT have very little imaginations

fixed
smile.gif

They want it for BBM and the physical keyboard.

fixed
smile.gif

They want it for BBM and the physical keyboard.

fixed
smile.gif

My statement is given on the observation that every person i know who has one for work hates it.
Phone tech is secondary...hell..I still use a 755 Treo b/c I haven't found a suitable replacement

fixed
smile.gif

My statement is given on the observation that every person i know who has one for work hates it.
Phone tech is secondary...hell..I still use a 755 Treo b/c I haven't found a suitable replacement

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Can someone explain to me the difference between a BBM/KIK and a Text Message? You can send video messages and picture messages on most of the newer phones (iPhone 4, Droid X, Evo 4G,etc...)...If the main difference is group chat then essentially BBM is a waste of time since most people rarely need to tell multiple people the same thing

Also, the fact that you can see whether or not somebody read your BBM is stupid..It seems like something for insecure people that send a text and if they have to wait more than 20 seconds for a reply start panicking like "OMG OMG THEY'RE IGNORING ME!!
frown.gif
"
To assume its a waste of time is stupid.  Do you work in a Corporate environment where Webex, Webinars, and online social/virtual communication takes place almost weekly..maybe even daily for some people??  Imagine your coworkers all in a "chat" while your mobile or don't want to boot up a laptop....just create a BBM Group w/your Sales, IT, etc Dept and you can host a session/dialog without wasting anyones time.  C'mon man, don't be so quick to hate on BBM.  

As for the "read/sent/delivery" status on BBMs....it is a way to confirm delivery and have a paper trail in business.  Think outside of the box man!  

Not everyone is "OMG OMG THEY'RE IGNORING ME!!"  aka KIDS

This poster has a point. I remember when I had a BB and those R/S/D status use to annoy me because there was always one asking "are you ignorning me"
tired.gif
  I do not miss having a BB at all. 
Those kids are the worst. I hate these kids stuck on BBM
And to the original quote, most of those points dont apply to the people who are crazy over BBM. All of these young people with BB's using BBM have no real importance in using it. They can send texts or use AIM for what they do. 

A lot of people feel like they are "cool" using BBM because 1- its only for BB users, and 2- it gives you some long weird number as a username. So all of these kids and young 20 something year olds are running around sharring BBM Pin's because its "cool". 

When in reality, its nothing but a corporate version of aim being used by a bunch of people who have no business using it. 

KIK serves its purpose, and realistically, its better than BBM for the demographic its aimed towards. Which is 90% of the casual BB users. 

I just never liked that "superiority" complex BB users have about BBM. The *+#+ isn't even special. 

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Can someone explain to me the difference between a BBM/KIK and a Text Message? You can send video messages and picture messages on most of the newer phones (iPhone 4, Droid X, Evo 4G,etc...)...If the main difference is group chat then essentially BBM is a waste of time since most people rarely need to tell multiple people the same thing

Also, the fact that you can see whether or not somebody read your BBM is stupid..It seems like something for insecure people that send a text and if they have to wait more than 20 seconds for a reply start panicking like "OMG OMG THEY'RE IGNORING ME!!
frown.gif
"
To assume its a waste of time is stupid.  Do you work in a Corporate environment where Webex, Webinars, and online social/virtual communication takes place almost weekly..maybe even daily for some people??  Imagine your coworkers all in a "chat" while your mobile or don't want to boot up a laptop....just create a BBM Group w/your Sales, IT, etc Dept and you can host a session/dialog without wasting anyones time.  C'mon man, don't be so quick to hate on BBM.  

As for the "read/sent/delivery" status on BBMs....it is a way to confirm delivery and have a paper trail in business.  Think outside of the box man!  

Not everyone is "OMG OMG THEY'RE IGNORING ME!!"  aka KIDS

This poster has a point. I remember when I had a BB and those R/S/D status use to annoy me because there was always one asking "are you ignorning me"
tired.gif
  I do not miss having a BB at all. 
Those kids are the worst. I hate these kids stuck on BBM
And to the original quote, most of those points dont apply to the people who are crazy over BBM. All of these young people with BB's using BBM have no real importance in using it. They can send texts or use AIM for what they do. 

A lot of people feel like they are "cool" using BBM because 1- its only for BB users, and 2- it gives you some long weird number as a username. So all of these kids and young 20 something year olds are running around sharring BBM Pin's because its "cool". 

When in reality, its nothing but a corporate version of aim being used by a bunch of people who have no business using it. 

KIK serves its purpose, and realistically, its better than BBM for the demographic its aimed towards. Which is 90% of the casual BB users. 

I just never liked that "superiority" complex BB users have about BBM. The *+#+ isn't even special. 

Serious though we all know the BBM is the only reason to have a BB these days. Once something free that does the same thing comes out and is available for every mobile OS, BBM is done. I am not hating, #imjustsaying

Here in Kuwait, this is what some idiots do. This is gay as hell and can't believe it myself....

74466_447849191995_500011995_5892415_7907704_n.jpg

Don't even get me started on the interior. If I knew how to tell the guy driving this he was dumb as hell in Arabic, I would have.

Serious though we all know the BBM is the only reason to have a BB these days. Once something free that does the same thing comes out and is available for every mobile OS, BBM is done. I am not hating, #imjustsaying

Here in Kuwait, this is what some idiots do. This is gay as hell and can't believe it myself....

74466_447849191995_500011995_5892415_7907704_n.jpg

Don't even get me started on the interior. If I knew how to tell the guy driving this he was dumb as hell in Arabic, I would have.

I guarantee all the people saying BBM>Kik will switch their opinions if Kik does come out wit group chats, statuses, pics... Likes others said BBM is the main reason why a lot of people actually have BB's, without the BBM this phone will again be known for its email... Regardless, if Kik doesnt come through sooner or later something else will take over... We will see within the next couple of days/weeks when the next update comes out

I guarantee all the people saying BBM>Kik will switch their opinions if Kik does come out wit group chats, statuses, pics... Likes others said BBM is the main reason why a lot of people actually have BB's, without the BBM this phone will again be known for its email... Regardless, if Kik doesnt come through sooner or later something else will take over... We will see within the next couple of days/weeks when the next update comes out

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

BBs are trash
False sir.

BRB looking professional.
BRB emailing in 10 seconds.
BRB BBM'ing all day.
BRB not having 1,000 usless things on my phone ill never use.

Back
Top Bottom