Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by franchise3

Harden, Mayo, and Conley.

...where's Gay fit in all this?

eek.gif
@ the T-Wolves trading all their 1st rounders to try and move up like 4 spots.

Problem is though, I don't think any teams want to dole out 3 guaranteed contracts. Themselves included.
@ SF where he belongs.
laugh.gif
With a rotation of OJ / Harden /Conley, Memphis could put either two out there and they could make things happen. Even if it was Evans instead of Harden in the 3 guard rotation. You know whatI've noticed though? Remember when Miami was looking at their options with trading the no.2 pick? It was going to cost Memphis Gay, Conley and the 5thpick. So, my asking price would basically be the same for the no.2 this year. Take the teams best player, last year's draft pick and this year'slottery pick. If they don't want to do the deal, Memphis will gladly take Rubio. Rubio doesn't seem like the type that would huff and puff becausehe's in Memphis. He barely knows anything about the team and city just like Sacramento or OKC.

On his twitter today, he said "Visiting Arco Arena...the facilities are tremendous! Medical examination, everything OK!!!! Supper with Paul Westphal, thenew Coach. Everything great!!!." Now, we all know Arco Arena isn't tremendous right now.
laugh.gif
But, I'm pretty sure he will say that about every team he visits. I thinkhis agent needs to let him open his eyes and options and stop limiting him to one or two cities. He probably doesn't even know much about Kevin Durant orOJ Mayo either just basically the people that were on Team USA which is understandable.

I just want Memphis to play hardball. They can just keep Rubio and be happy because the guy is playing in the NBA regardless next season. He's going tofind a way to get out of the buyout whether its installments, loans, endorsements or whatever. I think what Rubio's agent is trying to do is get otherteams (such as Sacramento) to recognize how good Rubio can be. He's trying to sell him to other teams to keep him from going to Memphis where he thinks hewill have to compete with Conley for a starting spot. Its understandable, but if Memphis decides to keep him he will play. Simple as that.

James would likely be a combo guard off the bench if he was drafted by the Grizzlies. If O.J. shows he can run PG, maybe that opens a Conley trade (onlyproblem is Hollins is commited to Conley).

On another note, I could see James and O.J. having a beard bet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Harden at the 3? Y'all really believe he can play the three? If you guys have to play some big 3's and 2's y'all would get beat down.
Grizz get beat down anyway so it matters not
ohwell.gif

* Perhaps the most intriguing player in the draft is Byron Mullens of Ohio State. While most NBA officials are convinced it'll take about two years for the highly-athletic 7-foot center to make an impact, they also believe it'll be worth the wait.

Mullens, who has quietly creeped up the draft board, has already worked out for two teams drafting in front of the Bucks: the Knicks and Raptors (No. 9). The Detroit Pistons also have more than a passing interest in Mullens, who grew up in the same neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio with Bucks star Michael Redd.

Mullens said he'll be working out for the Bucks on Friday.

* Contrary to an internet report, the Bucks' aren't prepared to use their top pick on Wake forest point guard Jeff Teague.

* Former Bucks GM Ernie Grunfeld isn't afraid to pull the trade trigger, and that's why rumors about him dealing the Washington Wizards' No. 5 pick are gaining more credence.

I'm hearing a deal, which would revolve around Phoenix's Amar'e Stoudemire and the wizards' top pick, has a decent chance of going down.

* At least one well-informed NBA informant insists that Lakers coach Phil Jackson will hang up the clipboard this summer and his successor could be Duke's Mike Krzyzewski -- especially if his highly-influential agent (Kobe Bryant) puts the heat on Lakers management.

* I know Bucks officials like UCLA guard Jrue Holiday, but does owner Herb Kohl and his cronies really want to deal with his agent, Dan Fegan -- especially after the latter pulled all those shenanigans on them before the draft two years ago while representing Yi Jianlian?

Fegan, by the way, also represents Louisville forward Earl Clark, who has also drawn interest from the Bucks.

* The Raptors' pick could have a major impact the Bucks' pick.

I've been told the Raptors want to secure a wing player via the draft and their primary candidates are Southern Cal shooting guard-small forward DeMar DeRozan, shooting guard Gerald Henderson of Duke, small forward James Johnson of Wake Forest and Clark.

If the Raptors pass on DeRozan, the Bucks brass could have one interesting decision on their hands.

* Bodog.com gives the Bucks a 100/1 chance of winning the 2010 NBA championship. Eight other teams are given the same long-shot odds. Only Minnesota (125/1) and Memphis (150/1) have worse odds than the Bucks.

The Lakers are 9/4 favorites to repeat as champions, with Cleveland next at 3/1.

* The Bucks will play their first NBA Summer League game in Las Vegas against the Dallas Mavericks on July 10, starting at 7 p.m.

The Bucks will also play Cleveland, Sacramento, Chicago and Toronto in games that will be held once again at Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavillion.

Link

pimp.gif
let's get it, Ernie!! Now, if somehow (and by a miracle) the Suns also throw in the#14, that would be flat out amazing....

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Harden at the 3? Y'all really believe he can play the three? If you guys have to play some big 3's and 2's y'all would get beat down.
Grizz get beat down anyway so it matters not
ohwell.gif

We'll in a few years if they still get beat down.
grin.gif

Rubio+Jefferson+Love isn't bad to build around, but you need a ton more scoring from that team.

You don't think they could use the extra scoring output JP?

eek.gif

Problem is though, I don't think any teams want to dole out 3 guaranteed contracts. Themselves included.
Also, Heisley would be the last one to take on 3 guarenteed contracts from rookies as cheap as people say he is. Memphis would not give theTwolves the chance to get Rubio and not getting in major assets back other than 3 first rounders. Love will have to be involved in any trade involving themmore than likely.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

James would likely be a combo guard off the bench if he was drafted by the Grizzlies. If O.J. shows he can run PG, maybe that opens a Conley trade (only problem is Hollins is commited to Conley).

On another note, I could see James and O.J. having a beard bet
laugh.gif
The whole point of having Harden, 2 gaurd who can also handle the ball and run the offense., it would be stupid to play him at the 3. Plus OJ gotkilled on defense by 2 gaurds.

If Mike Miller ever comes around (which I think he will) and shoots the three ball with some authority then I see no reason for going have to Stephen Curry.They're kind of the same player (scoring wise)...mainly a long ball shooter but can take it to the hoop every once in a while as well. Also, maybe if weget Rubio then Mike Miller won't feel like he has to be the guy who distributes and open up opportunities for his teammates...which he has no businessbeing anyway
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I'd much rather trade up and get Rubio so we have our PG for the future...build around the nucleus of Jefferson, Love and Rubio. and then also add one ofthe big-time free agents in 2009 and/or 2010. We definitely have the money to do it....just the part of luring them here to a small-market club is going to bethe challenge.

Well only an idiot would put James at SF. I'm sure the article is insinuating that one of Mayo, Conley and Harden (likely him) is coming off the bench tospell the other two.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Also, Heisley would be the last one to take on 3 guarenteed contracts from rookies as cheap as people say he is. Memphis would not give the Twolves the chance to get Rubio and not getting in major assets back other than 3 first rounders. Love will have to be involved in any trade involving them more than likely.
Love can't be involved in any trade before draft day or on draft day because the T'Wolves can't trade him to any team until June 28th(the date of last year's draft) because of league rules. Therefore, Love can't be involved (unless we're talking about a draft and trade type ofthing).

Well only an idiot would put James at SF. I'm sure the article is insinuating that one of Mayo, Conley and Harden (likely him) is coming off the bench to spell the other two.

Basically. Wallace likes OJ at point, while Hollins likes Conley at point. Hollins isn't going to be the coach that long anyways, so I'm thinking ifthey made this move it would be a OJ / Harden backcourt. Probably starting off the season, it would be Conley / OJ though. Why would Memphis want 4 first roundpicks in one of the weakest drafts this decade and not taking any quality players back?
laugh.gif

Love can't be involved in any trade before draft day or on draft day because the T'Wolves can't trade him to any team until June 28th (the date of last year's draft) because of league rules. Therefore, Love can't be involved (unless we're talking about a draft and trade type of thing).
Yea I know. That's why I see Memphis just taking Rubio period. They will weigh all their options and if they don't it'll be stupid.They shouldn't be in no rush to trade Rubio if they really want to deal him.

Originally Posted by JPZx

If Mike Miller ever comes around (which I think he will) and shoots the three ball with some authority then I see no reason for going have to Stephen Curry. They're kind of the same player (scoring wise)...mainly a long ball shooter but can take it to the hoop every once in a while as well. Also, maybe if we get Rubio then Mike Miller won't feel like he has to be the guy who distributes and open up opportunities for his teammates...which he has no business being anyway
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I'd much rather trade up and get Rubio so we have our PG for the future...build around the nucleus of Jefferson, Love and Rubio. and then also add one of the big-time free agents in 2009 and/or 2010. We definitely have the money to do it....just the part of luring them here to a small-market club is going to be the challenge.
I just think if they draft Rubio they're going to have a hard time scoring, as they do right now (unless I'm mistaken about your team).

Mike Miller as a primary scorer on your team? I don't really like that idea, I don't really see him being more than a good third option at best. AlJefferson is one, and I can't think of anyone else on the roster that can score better than Mike Miller other than him.

Maybe it's just me though.

Getting a big name from somewhere else to come to Minny would be hard, I'd say you COULD get a second-rate superstar though.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ Hopefully the Ben Gordon to Minnesota talks heat up again. Just the player they need.

*Crosses Fingers*

I don't know why you guys don't want Curry
laugh.gif
I say we get rid of Foye, and get Curry & Gordon in the Backcourt
pimp.gif

Still have a feeling we get Curry.
laugh.gif

Granted Ben Gordon is better than Randy Foye, it seems redundant and wasteful to spend $50M on Gordon when the T'Wolves still got Foye in his rookiecontract.

Foye showed in January and February that he can be a 18-20 PPG scorer at SG.

Ramon Sessions would be the way to go if they somehow nab Hasheem Thabeet.

Granted Ben Gordon is better than Randy Foye, it seems redundant and wasteful to spend $50M on Gordon when the T'Wolves still got Foye in his rookie contract.

Foye showed in January and February that he can be a 18-20 PPG scorer at SG.

Ramon Sessions would be the way to go if they somehow nab Hasheem Thabeet.
Scoring would still be an issue.

Say you have that team,

Sessions
Foye
Miller
Jefferson
Hasheem.

Jefferson and Miller hopefully can get you 35 between the two of them. Foye getting 15-20 for a full-season would be awfully ambitious, and where are you goingto get the rest of your points? Sessions isn't a good shooter yet, Hasheem? Brewer? I don't know, =/

s the NBA Draft draws close, it looks more apparent on how the top four picks will go. The Clippers are taking Blake Griffin, and Memphis is leaning towards Hasheem Thabeet.

The Oklahoman
reports what many had assumed, that James Harden would be the man to team up with Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant in OKC, while the Sacramento Bee reports this morning Ricky Rubio is working out with the Kings today.

Of course, plenty could change between now and next week, but if I were a betting man, that would be my top four picks.
The Washington Wizards select fifth, and that's where things get interesting. More and more sources are starting to hear the same thing revolving around the Wizards and Suns possible deal.

The trade would have the Wizards select Jordan Hill for the Suns, then later in the night trade the rights to Hill, along with a few role players to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire. Amare has said he loves the city of Washington D.C, and fans of the Wizards reportedly are more excited about a possible deal bringing in Stat than any draft pick they take.

Even if the Suns wind up with the fifth pick, they are not looking to trade the 14th pick. Expect them to take a replacement for Grant Hill, who will likely not be back in Phoenix. James Johnson, Earl Clark and Terrence Williams are three names floating around.

The Star Ledger reports that the Nets would love to select former Syracuse guard Jonny Flynn, however most feel he will be off the board well before then. Scouts are starting to place Flynn above names such as Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings among point guards.

The Knicks and Raptors are both expected to look at point guards late in the top 10, and Flynn, Jrue Holiday, and Stephen Curry are among the names being discussed at those locations.

nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Link

^ I agree with the sessions if they get Thabeet, but as far as Foye...this team is turning over a new leaf, and while he has promise, he's had his chanceto shine for a few years now but hes just too damn inconsistent, and injury prone to a point...i don't know the patience level of this new GM kahn andwhoever the new coach is.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

* Former Bucks GM Ernie Grunfeld isn't afraid to pull the trade trigger, and that's why rumors about him dealing the Washington Wizards' No. 5 pick are gaining more credence.
I'm hearing a deal, which would revolve around Phoenix's Amar'e Stoudemire and the wizards' top pick, has a decent chance of going down.

Link

pimp.gif
let's get it, Ernie!! Now, if somehow (and by a miracle) the Suns also throw in the #14, that would be flat out amazing....

I completely agree
pimp.gif

Please let that Amare deal go down. If it did, I would definitely go to more games. We had like 10 dunks this season it seemed like... most of them by Javalehaha. Get it done!

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by franchise3

Harden, Mayo, and Conley.

...where's Gay fit in all this?

eek.gif

@ SF where he belongs.
laugh.gif
With a rotation of OJ / Harden / Conley, Memphis could put either two out there and they could make things happen. Even if it was Evans instead of Harden in the 3 guard rotation. You know what I've noticed though? Remember when Miami was looking at their options with trading the no.2 pick? It was going to cost Memphis Gay, Conley and the 5th pick. So, my asking price would basically be the same for the no.2 this year. Take the teams best player, last year's draft pick and this year's lottery pick. If they don't want to do the deal, Memphis will gladly take Rubio. Rubio doesn't seem like the type that would huff and puff because he's in Memphis. He barely knows anything about the team and city just like Sacramento or OKC.

On his twitter today, he said "Visiting Arco Arena...the facilities are tremendous! Medical examination, everything OK!!!! Supper with Paul Westphal, the new Coach. Everything great!!!." Now, we all know Arco Arena isn't tremendous right now.
laugh.gif
But, I'm pretty sure he will say that about every team he visits. I think his agent needs to let him open his eyes and options and stop limiting him to one or two cities. He probably doesn't even know much about Kevin Durant or OJ Mayo either just basically the people that were on Team USA which is understandable.

I just want Memphis to play hardball. They can just keep Rubio and be happy because the guy is playing in the NBA regardless next season. He's going to find a way to get out of the buyout whether its installments, loans, endorsements or whatever. I think what Rubio's agent is trying to do is get other teams (such as Sacramento) to recognize how good Rubio can be. He's trying to sell him to other teams to keep him from going to Memphis where he thinks he will have to compete with Conley for a starting spot. Its understandable, but if Memphis decides to keep him he will play. Simple as that.
Haha. You hating on good'ol Arco Arena. But Rubio was talking about the Kings practice facility across the street from Arco Arena. That placeis a lot newer and nicer than 20something year old Arco Arena... Rubio watches the NBA too. He should know who is Kevin Durant and OJ Mayo. He's nodifferent than us NBA fans in that stand point. He has internet, NBA TV, etc. Yeah, not sure what Sacramento is going to do about getting Rubio for sure now...

Watching last year's Draft on NBA TV, the Knicks pick just aired
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Gotta love those Knicks fan's reactions.

It's a good thing Gallinari showed potential when he was playing this season.

Back
Top Bottom