Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Yall dudes really are buggin with this franchise player talk...

Sure, not every team has one, but there are more than like 8 or whatever...

No, Al Jefferson isn't going to win you a championship on his own. But neither is Kobe. Neither is Dwyane. Neither is LeBron. So... I'm kinda with OKBhere, for a change, in that I have no idea how yall are defining "franchise player"... Because there ain't anybody in this league that'swinning a championship without another legitimate star player on their team with them...

You build teams around bigs like Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Yao Ming, Chris Bosh, Kevin Garnett and Jermaine O'Neal in their primes, etc (ifyou want to put these types of guys in the same sentence as Zach Randolph, that's your problem. I dunno what to tell you other than to watch a damngame)... Guys that can score efficiently in the paint, rebound the basketball, and change shots are MUST HAVES. Those are franchise cornerstones. Everychampionship team has at least one... There are very few of those types of guys in this league, and when you've got one, you do not get rid of them...Whether or not those players' teams are, have been, or will ever be built around them properly is up for debate. And sure, you may rather build around guyslike Kobe, LeBron, Dwyane, and any other killer perimeter player you can name...

But when it comes down to it you must a legitimate big man to win NBA championships. That is fact. One great big man and one great perimeter player, whetherit's a point guard or off-guard... That's the starting point...

I don't like the "Oh, he's a #1!" or "He's a #2 guy. Can't win if he's your best player!" ... Why the hell not?You're telling me if I took say, Chris Bosh and Jermaine O'Neal in his prime, I couldn't win a championship with that because I don't have a #1guy?
laugh.gif
Come on... It's all about putting teams together properly. It's very hard to do. There are probably only two or three teams legitimatelybuilt for a run at a championship every single year...

Al Jefferson if how old?.....I can deal with a ball hog as a big man, because at-least he isn't bringing the ball up.
laugh.gif
@ curry I still think the wolveswant him, I just have a feeling.
grin.gif
...... IMO I would take getting rid of love any day over Jefferson. Love doesn't have the strength Jefferson does. Ihope the trade rumors about foye are false, I don't love him but I don't know what you could get with him.

You're telling me if I took say, Chris Bosh and Jermaine O'Neal in his prime, I couldn't win a championship with that because I don't have a #1 guy?
nice to see your agree with us Dirk after typing all of that crap
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

But when it comes down to it you must a legitimate big man to win NBA championships. That is fact. One great big man and one great perimeter player, whether it's a point guard or off-guard... That's the starting point...
Jordan and Billups disagree.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

There's exceptions to every rule... And those are in the VAST minority, so what's your point... ?

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Yall dudes really are buggin with this franchise player talk...

Sure, not every team has one, but there are more than like 8 or whatever...

No, Al Jefferson isn't going to win you a championship on his own. But neither is Kobe. Neither is Dwyane. Neither is LeBron. So... I'm kinda with OKB here, for a change, in that I have no idea how yall are defining "franchise player"... Because there ain't anybody in this league that's winning a championship without another legitimate star player on their team with them...

You build teams around bigs like Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Yao Ming, Chris Bosh, Kevin Garnett and Jermaine O'Neal in their primes, etc (if you want to put these types of guys in the same sentence as Zach Randolph, that's your problem. I dunno what to tell you other than to watch a damn game)... Guys that can score efficiently in the paint, rebound the basketball, and change shots are MUST HAVES. Those are franchise cornerstones. Every championship team has at least one... There are very few of those types of guys in this league, and when you've got one, you do not get rid of them... Whether or not those players' teams are, have been, or will ever be built around them properly is up for debate. And sure, you may rather build around guys like Kobe, LeBron, Dwyane, and any other killer perimeter player you can name...

But when it comes down to it you must a legitimate big man to win NBA championships. That is fact. One great big man and one great perimeter player, whether it's a point guard or off-guard... That's the starting point...

I don't like the "Oh, he's a #1!" or "He's a #2 guy. Can't win if he's your best player!" ... Why the hell not? You're telling me if I took say, Chris Bosh and Jermaine O'Neal in his prime, I couldn't win a championship with that because I don't have a #1 guy?
laugh.gif
Come on... It's all about putting teams together properly. It's very hard to do. There are probably only two or three teams legitimately built for a run at a championship every single year...
Precisely.
pimp.gif

Off the top of my head N41D, no. There is not a player in this league who is not a #1, top tier, go to player that you could pair with Bosh or O'neal andthey would be a clear cut winner. Now if you paired them with a Lebron, Wade, Paul, etc. then they become instant contenders. And that is why I believe theyare not true franchise players.

Example being Gasol.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Off the top of my head N41D, no. There is not a player in this league who is not a #1, top tier, go to player that you could pair with Bosh or O'neal and they would be a clear cut winner. Now if you paired them with a Lebron, Wade, Paul, etc. then they become instant contenders. And that is why I believe they are not true franchise players.

Example being Gasol.
See, this is what I don't get...

Who was the best player Pau Gasol played with in Memphis? Garnett in Minnesota? Bosh in Toronto? And hell, even though Dirk has played on teams with bettersupporting casts, he's never played with another legitimate star...

Yall hold the talent around these guys against them, and I don't get it at all...

What has Kobe won without a legitimate big? What about Dwyane or LeBron? Chris Paul? Why do yall think that's a one-way street?

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

There's exceptions to every rule... And those are in the VAST minority, so what's your point... ?
Yup I posted this in a thread I looked through the past like 25 years of NBA basketball in like 95% of all NBA champs have 2 all star players onebig guy and a wing and more often than not the big uses more possessions that the wing/point.

The only exceptions to the rule either were incredibly well coached teams or had a top 10 NBA player or all time. (Bad Boy pistons, Larry Brown Pistons, thoseweaker spurs teams, Magic with old Kareem)

Those pistons teams had everything you needed to win a chip, it ws just spread out over 5 guys. Post scorer? Rasheed. Help side defender, Ben Wallace. Permiterscorer? Hamilton. Closer? Bullips. Perimeter defender? Prince.

The only difference is the Spurs had all of that in one player.
laugh.gif

Rubio's interview in Sacramento:
http://videos.sacbee.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=4604549
So, basically Rubio wants to go to Sacramento because of the age of their players.
laugh.gif
So far, he's already visited LA and he just visited Sacramento. Memphisalready met with him in Spain.

He also mentioned he loves to run and play defense. Basically a simple interview. The kid loves to compete and can speak pretty good english for an 18 year oldSpainard. Since Rubio is just a child in Spain, he knows little about players in the NBA besides superstars. He is just listening to what other people say. Doyou think his people would want him to live in California, Memphis, or Oklahoma. Its not even really about basketball because I'm sure Rubio has never seena Kings game since they have no perennial star. The Grizzlies and Thunder would be stupid not to make the Kings pay if they really want Rubio.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
sixers_logo.gif

[/td] [td]
chase-budinger-hd_0.jpg

[/td] [td]Chase Budinger[/td] [td]Budinger makes sense at Philly since he's one of the better shooters in this year's class and the Sixers were one of the worst shooting teams in the league last year. They also may opt for a point guard such as Eric Maynor, with Andre Miller aging.[/td] [/tr][/table]

eek.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif

I can not fathom having to root for the team this guy plays for AGAIN.
[Sir Smoke Alot]Godddddddddddd if you up there Helpppppppp [/Sir Smoke alot]

My man Derozan need a new pic up
laugh.gif
alien.gif

I swear the Grizz better not take Thabeet unless its for a move w/ Twolves for Curry

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
sixers_logo.gif

[/td] [td]
chase-budinger-hd_0.jpg

[/td] [td]Chase Budinger[/td] [td]Budinger makes sense at Philly since he's one of the better shooters in this year's class and the Sixers were one of the worst shooting teams in the league last year. They also may opt for a point guard such as Eric Maynor, with Andre Miller aging.[/td] [/tr][/table]

eek.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif

I can not fathom having to root for the team this guy plays for AGAIN.
[Sir Smoke Alot]Godddddddddddd if you up there Helpppppppp [/Sir Smoke alot]

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Rubio's interview in Sacramento:
So, basically Rubio wants to go to Sacramento because of the age of their players.
laugh.gif
So far, he's already visited LA and he just visited Sacramento. Memphis already met with him in Spain.

He also mentioned he loves to run and play defense. Basically a simple interview. The kid loves to compete and can speak pretty good english for an 18 year old Spainard. Since Rubio is just a child in Spain, he knows little about players in the NBA besides superstars. He is just listening to what other people say. Do you think his people would want him to live in California, Memphis, or Oklahoma. Its not even really about basketball because I'm sure Rubio has never seen a Kings game since they have no perennial star. The Grizzlies and Thunder would be stupid not to make the Kings pay if they really want Rubio.
Finally we get to hear Rubio talk... Good luck Kings.

Bucks reportedly targetting Ty Lawson @ 10.

Possible Amare/Wiz deal.

Kevin Love just tweeted McHale will not be back as coach.

^me too man he seems like a good kid. Sacramento desperately needs something to energize this city and team and what better than to get a euro who (from what Ican tell with most of them in the league) are very loyal and would want to stick with us his whole career. Do whatever you need to do petrie to get this guywithout giving up thompson, hawes, and martin.

Back
Top Bottom