Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Need the Grizz and Thunder to do work. Then need Minny to steal 1.

Need Nash to get back too. Ron as well if he can.

Damn so if utah wins just 2 of their final 5 games, we'd have to be pretty much flawless :frown:

Not feeling to confident about that :\

Last edited:
We need Nash's old *** to dress up just to be a designated shooter during a close game.

The New Orleans game is a trap game. Lakers need to blow them out to rest the starters.

We're not making the playoff guys.

This team dug too deep of a hole for themselves.

Losses to teams like Phoenix, Washington, Bucks, Blazers, Kings, Sixers, Toronto, Magics killed us.

Someone make an off season thread already.

Last edited:
Laker fans be like...

What makes all of this THAT much worse is that looking towards the off-season, there's no real way we can improve the roster.

I'll murder Kupchak and Buss if they don't trade away Pau this summer (well unless Dwight leaves, save it Coupe[/B] :lol:)

Double edge sword.. Screwed if you trade him, screwed if you don't..

Would need to get back a defensive big and a defensive combo guard out of it.

Last edited:
It's not really the end yet but even if we win 5 in a row there's no guarantee that Utah will lose one or two of their games.
It will be one of the biggest failure in American sport history if this 100 Millions dollars roster don't make the playoff.

We're not making it guys.
It was a terrible season

But the jazz beat the same warrior team that beat our ***.

Hopefully next season will be different

Last edited:
I'll murder Kupchak and Buss if they don't trade away Pau this summer (well unless Dwight leaves, save it Coupe[/B] :lol:)

Double edge sword.. Screwed if you trade him, screwed if you don't..

Would need to get back a defensive big and a defensive combo guard out of it.

I don't even think we'd need to get back a defensive big, Jordan hill/sacre could fill that need next year. What I'd be hoping for in a pau trade is a stretch forward + a combo guard....they don't even have to be all star type guys, just as long as they're under 28 and fit the system

Quick thoughts about it.

Start from the premise that we need to resign Clark & Dwight...

Then you renegotiate with MWP.. Tell him you'll give him an extra year on his contract if he cuts it in half.. If he doesn't, you amnesty him. But considering who Ron is, and how much he loves LA, and the fact that he said he would opt out and come back for less.. He'll do it.

So the roster would be

Nash / Blake
Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Clark
Pau
Howard / Hill (wow I messed up and put Jamison first time, that'd be a disaster :lol:)

Now we are lacking 5 things (in this order)
1. Coaching
2. Defense
3. Youth
4. Athleticism
5. True 3 point shooters

Clark can play the 4.. So you now look for a 3.. Best choice is Corey Brewer... He's not an option, so you go to Dorell Wright.. Second best guy for us. Can shoot the 3.. He's younger. He can play defense (When he wants to)... He's the perfect Mini-MLE guy for us.. (No Solid Backup PG that we need is going for less than $4mil)..

So you move clark to the 4, and sign D. Wright

Nash / Blake
Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Wright
Pau / Clark
Dwight / Hill

Duhon - Buy him out (saves $2mil)
Ebanks - Let him go
Morris - sign him to a minimum and put him in the DLeague he has some skill, but it's too raw
Sacre - sign him to a minimum deal. Same as Morris

Nash / Blake / Morris
Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Wright
Pau / Clark
Dwight / Hill / Sacre

Look to trade Pau... We have to get an upgrade over Blake.. And a serviceable big... If there is nothing there, there is nothing there. Maybe include Blake in there to try and get the best backup PG we could get..

(We should look to swoop in and steal Kenyon Martin from the Knicks, not in a trade, but to sign him. He'll be a vet minimum guy)..

There are a few guys out there who fill needs and are minimum players... Ronnie Brewer, Matt Barnes both will go for minimum, solid defenders.. Brewer is atrocious at offense though..

Last edited:
just gonna enjoy the final games regardless
pimp.gif

too many games given away this year

the lakers have improved a lot versus the beginning of the season and kobes guarantee gave me confidence..

but at the back of my mind, i had this feeling that the season might end like that show Playmakers that ran one season one ESPN
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Quick thoughts about it.

Then you renegotiate with MWP.. Tell him you'll give him an extra year on his contract if he cuts it in half.. If he doesn't, you amnesty him. But considering who Ron is, and how much he loves LA, and the fact that he said he would opt out and come back for less.. He'll do it.

So the roster would be

Nash / Blake
Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Clark
Pau
Howard / Hill (wow I messed up and put Jamison first time, that'd be a disaster :lol:)

1. Coaching
2. Defense
3. Youth
4. Athleticism
5. True 3 point shooters

Clark can play the 4.. So you now look for a 3.. Best choice is Corey Brewer... He's not an option, so you go to Dorell Wright.. Second best guy for us. Can shoot the 3.. He's younger. He can play defense (When he wants to)... He's the perfect Mini-MLE guy for us.. (No Solid Backup PG that we need is going for less than $4mil)..

Nash / Blake
Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Wright
Pau / Clark
Dwight / Hill

Ebanks - Let him go
Morris - sign him to a minimum and put him in the DLeague he has some skill, but it's too raw

Nash / Blake / Morris
Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Wright
Pau / Clark
Dwight / Hill / Sacre

Look to trade Pau... We have to get an upgrade over Blake.. And a serviceable big... If there is nothing there, there is nothing there. Maybe include Blake in there to try and get the best backup PG we could get..

(We should look to swoop in and steal Kenyon Martin from the Knicks, not in a trade, but to sign him. He'll be a vet minimum guy)..

There are a few guys out there who fill needs and are minimum players... Ronnie Brewer, Matt Barnes both will go for minimum, solid defenders.. Brewer is atrocious at offense though..
Do you think its worth it to give delonte a look this summer. If yall dont make the playoffs it really couldn't hurt. But my dad still has faith yall will pull it out. Hes been a laker fan since the mid 70s

realistically speaking....as much as i'm rooting for the jazz to keep winning, they have a pretty rough schedule these last four games. can't see them beating OKC when OKC is fighting for that 1st seed with the spurs. they can beat the twolves at home, but i can see them losing that second game against them in minnsota since the jazz are 12-27 on the road :smh: . they can definitely lose that last game against memphis on the road too since memphis will be battling for seeding most likely as well. that has the jazz finishing 1-3 in the last 4.

that leaves the lakers having to win 3 of their last 5. they can/should definitely beat the hornets and blazers who are eliminated and should be playing reserves/rookies higher minutes to get better looks at them moving forward. then, they finish with 3 games against playoff teams all battling for seeding. if they can just win ONE game against either the warriors, injured spurs, or my injured rockets, they would have enough wins to sneak in with that 8th seed by 1 game over the jazz.

really i'm just trying to give lakers fans more false hope.....but it's definitely still possible. :tongue:

Last edited:
Quick thoughts about it.

So the roster would be

Nash / Blake
Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Clark
Pau

1. Coaching
2. Defense
3. Youth
4. Athleticism
5. True 3 point shooters

Nash / Blake
Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Wright
Pau / Clark
Dwight / Hill

Ebanks - Let him go

Nash / Blake / Morris
Kobe / Meeks
MWP / Wright
Pau / Clark
Dwight / Hill / Sacre

Do you think its worth it to give delonte a look this summer. If yall dont make the playoffs it really couldn't hurt. But my dad still has faith yall will pull it out. Hes been a laker fan since the mid 70s

I've been a Delonte advocate for months. But stopped when I knew it wouldn't happen.. I think on a team with Kobe, he will shape up... He would be a good guy to have, no doubt in my mind...

There's plenty of these minimum guys out there that can fill the 9 - 12th spots of your rotation (Delonte, Matt Barnes, Kenyon Martin, Ronnie Brewer come to mind)...

I'd love to have him, just to have him..

MDA runs short rotations.. But to be honest if we are keeping our starting 5 in tact.. I think 4 of 5 will be back (Pau has the worst chance)... You have to have 11-12 guys who can go... That doesn't mean everyone has to be god, just capable of giving you 20 minutes if you need it..

Last edited:
realistically speaking....as much as i'm rooting for the jazz to keep winning, they have a pretty rough schedule these last four games. can't see them beating OKC when OKC is fighting for that 1st seed with the spurs. they can beat the twolves at home, but i can see them losing that second game against them in minnsota since the jazz are 12-27 on the road :smh: . they can definitely lose that last game against memphis on the road too since memphis will be battling for seeding most likely as well. that has the jazz finishing 1-3 in the last 4.

that leaves the lakers having to win 3 of their last 5. they can/should definitely beat the hornets and blazers who are eliminated and should be playing reserves/rookies higher minutes to get better looks at them moving forward. then, they finish with 3 games against playoff teams all battling for seeding. if they can just win ONE game against either the warriors, injured spurs, or my injured rockets, they would have enough wins to sneak in with that 8th seed by 1 game over the jazz.

really i'm just trying to give lakers fans more false hope.....but it's definitely still possible. :tongue:

No lie this is the first post of yours where I didnt wanna punch the computer :lol:

Pau has to go if they fail to make the playoffs. I still remember his 2-10 in the loss to Washington. Too many of those 2-10 and zero defense.

I've been a Delonte advocate for months. But stopped when I knew it wouldn't happen.. I think on a team with Kobe, he will shape up... He would be a good guy to have, no doubt in my mind...

There's plenty of these minimum guys out there that can fill the 9 - 12th spots of your rotation (Delonte, Matt Barnes, Kenyon Martin, Ronnie Brewer come to mind)...

I'd love to have him, just to have him..

MDA runs short rotations.. But to be honest if we are keeping our starting 5 in tact.. I think 4 of 5 will be back (Pau has the worst chance)... You have to have 11-12 guys who can go... That doesn't mean everyone has to be god, just capable of giving you 20 minutes if you need it..

You think Jamison resigns?
We can only have one out of all those names? I think right?

Gimme brewer he'll defend every damn night.

Back
Top Bottom