Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same setup, Portland is off tomorrow and Tuesday, rested up for a home game against us in a back to back. :smh:

Suns games, Wizards, Magic, Cavs. 5 games that changed our entire season.

the jazz winning tonight basically ended the lakers season.

im sure every team left on our schedule wants the lakers not to make the playoffs so i dont buy any team resting their starters :lol:

its payback time for the league

hate to admit it, but Utah deserves the 8th seed more than us. that's for sure.
If we win all 5 games, then at least we ACTUALLY earned the 8th spot. Will need
new fingernails by Friday.

the jazz winning tonight basically ended the lakers season.

im sure every team left on our schedule wants the lakers not to make the playoffs so i dont buy any team resting their starters :lol:

its payback time for the league

I keep thinking all these teams have been losing to the Jazz lately cause of that. How the hell did Denver not crush the jazz?

ill be going to hornets game tuesday. it should be intense, hopefully I dont leave disappointed

Denver beat them 113-96 without Ty Lawson

Lol @ Dorrell Wright being the missing piece.

No I'm not saying he's THE missing piece..

But we need (not in this order)
1. 3point Shooting
2. Depth
3. Athleticism
4. Defense
5. New Coach

He gets you 3 of 5. I'll take it... Wright is a good perimeter defender when he tries... I won't give him being a good defender, but the capacity is there.

And hell you can get Ronnie Brewer for veteran's minimum.. So that fixes a good amount.
You know, I doubt that's the problem. It seems like you guys just keep saying "add [insert player here]" and "sign [insert player here]" and things will just work out. I'm not buying that, you guys did that with D12 and Nash, how's that working out? You think by signing Brewer that will make you guys better? What if he can't gel with the team, or actually Kobe? There goes that idea. Same thing can be said about Dorrell. When your team is spearheaded by Kobe, who pretty much controls everything that happens on the hardwood where is the team ball? How can you gel?

Example: What if Brewer is open for a three but Kobe pulls up some haymaker with 2 guys infront of him? Now multiply that times 10 each game. That's (820) open shots taken from Brewer. That disconnect from not getting open shots impacts him, which changes his emotional feel for the game. That's EXACTLY what Howard has been ******** about this entire season.

OKC lost to the Knicks, they should go all out next game
Pau is too weak for Jordan and not quick enough for Griffin, this is not a good matchup for him.

Both Pau and Dwight have played okay, it wasn't our offense today. They just tired and can't rebound, you saw how we looked at the beginning of the the game, they looked good on defense and their offense was good.

As the game carried on, defense lapses occurred and they are about to lose. D'antoni needs to realize they need more players playing. Sacre can get 5 ******g minutes, Duhon can get 3 minutes, EBANKS i don't care if he's ******g rapping on the court the ******g guy still knows how to play basketball, give him 3 ******g minutes.

I have never hated a coach more than Mike D'antoni him and his ******g smirk and crossed arms. Please let us have a new coach next year please lord, that is all I ask for.
ebanks practicing & working hard on his game here
grin.gif

http://dchtvideo.com/2012/11/bengi-trey-9-feat-devin-miles-on-my-way/

also working on his shoe game @ 2:33

Last edited:
So this is what fighting for the 8th spot feels like :x :smh:

WIn or lose, still with this team. We'll find a way back, for sure.

Last edited:
Why should they fight and delay the inevitable first round exit?
Just rest up for next years second round exit.

You know, I doubt that's the problem. It seems like you guys just keep saying "add [insert player here]" and "sign [insert player here]" and things will just work out. I'm not buying that, you guys did that with D12 and Nash, how's that working out? You think by signing Brewer that will make you guys better? What if he can't gel with the team, or actually Kobe? There goes that idea. Same thing can be said about Dorrell. When your team is spearheaded by Kobe, who pretty much controls everything that happens on the hardwood where is the team ball? How can you gel?

Example: What if Brewer is open for a three but Kobe pulls up some haymaker with 2 guys infront of him? Now multiply that times 10 each game. That's (820) open shots taken from Brewer. That disconnect from not getting open shots impacts him, which changes his emotional feel for the game. That's EXACTLY what Howard has been ******** about this entire season.

Kobe passes the ball to dudes who make baskets.

I really can't eem believe a team with this roster might not make the playoffs. Before the season started I thought that this team could win 55-60 games even if Kobe wasn't on the team...clearly I was sorely mistaken :lol: I know injuries were a bug part and if Dwight had been fully healthy all year we probably win 50 games or so but even still...they just never clicked like I thought they would. I knew they'd be slow and old which would make defense a problem, but its been way worse than I imagined.

I still want to make the playoffs, but with the team being this bad what is the point really?

I really can't eem believe a team with this roster might not make the playoffs. Before the season started I thought that this team could win 55-60 games even if Kobe wasn't on the team...clearly I was sorely mistaken :lol: I know injuries were a bug part and if Dwight had been fully healthy all year we probably win 50 games or so but even still...they just never clicked like I thought they would. I knew they'd be slow and old which would make defense a problem, but its been way worse than I imagined.

I still want to make the playoffs, but with the team being this bad what is the point really?

I think the majority of the people who watch the NBA thought we were going to make it all the way to the finals and win the Pacific :lol: . I was one of the people who voted 50-59 wins on the pole above this thread.

I was looking at the standings, if the Lakers played on the East, we would have clinched a playoff berth :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
In my opinion.
Its time to blow it up. Pieces just dont fit.
I mean clear house yall.
Only players im keeping are Dwight, Kobe, Clark, and Metta if he restructures his deal. As much as I like Pau, trade him for a young piece or two.
Ship nash out for a first round pick and a player.
Pray to god someone bites on blake.
Buyout duhon.
Let ebanks morris go,
Resign sacre to a minimum contract.
Get some young pieces who take the mini mle.

Sick of this season.
:smh:
Got me pissed off at life :lol:

I don't think you need to blow it up

I think

Nash, Kobe, Metta, Dwight,
Meeks, Clark & Hill

work...

The key is filling those 4 last spots in the rotation with some younger guys.. Some defense... Some 3 point shooting..

A bench of

Meeks, Wright, Clark & Hill would be very good.. If Pau can get you a top notch backup PG and a serviceable big.. We'd be in good shape.

I don't know who Pau could get us so I'll leave it blank..

Nash / Kobe / MWP / ??? / Dwight
??? / Meeks / Wright / Clark / Hill
Blake / Brewer
Morris / Sacre

The bench is young.. You get depth... You have 3 point shooting... And I'd take two guys who are not scorers but play defense to fill Pau's role.

Last edited:

I think

Meeks, Clark & Hill

work...

The key is filling those 4 last spots in the rotation with some younger guys.. Some defense... Some 3 point shooting..

A bench of

Meeks, Wright, Clark & Hill would be very good.. If Pau can get you a top notch backup PG and a serviceable big.. We'd be in good shape.

Blake / Brewer
Morris / Sacre

The bench is young.. You get depth... You have 3 point shooting... And I'd take two guys who are not scorers but play defense to fill Pau's role.

I forget about Hill :lol:

Meeks has been solid for the minimum

Getting wright would be nice, brewer too.

It's hard cuz we don't even know Pau's value, but i know it's low. :smh:

I like what MWP has done this year (for the most part), but if he returns he can't start. I'd rather plug in Clark/Wright/Brewer to inject some youth and athleticism in the starting lineup. He's better off as a combo forward off the bench.

:lol:  at keeping Nash 

What would you suggest?

There's even less for him..

Unless the Raptors really want him because he is a Canadian... Then it'll be tough to get much out of him..

Also the problem isn't Nash... The problem is that we have no one to lessen his minutes.. Blake has surprised, BUT he's not enough...

Nash at 25-26 minutes a night is still in the top half of best Starting PGs in the league..

With Pau you may be able to fill holes, or at least temporarily plug them.. Trading Nash will only open more holes..

Last edited:
I like what MWP has done this year (for the most part), but if he returns he can't start. I'd rather plug in Clark/Wright/Brewer to inject some youth and athleticism in the starting lineup. He's better off as a combo forward off the bench.

I think that's a good point.. I'd put Wright in the starting lineup...

I love Earl, but I don't like him as a starter...

Even if MWP were to start he'd be at less minutes.. Probably around where he was last year, the 24-26 minute range.

I think

Meeks, Clark & Hill

work...

A bench of

Blake / Brewer
Morris / Sacre

What's the point in filling roles if we have the same coach who plays only 7 players

What's the point in filling roles if we have the same coach who plays only 7 players

:lol:

In MDA's defense he did play 9 players when everyone was healthy for those 5 games.

Even if he only plays 10, which I believe he would if Hill was healthy..... You don't just have 10 you over plan, you try to get 12 just to have the guys..

We saw it at PG.. It isn't enough to have 2 guys. You need 3, especially if you're old..

Last edited:
Injuries crippled us this year moreso than anything MDA did, no question.

Every time we got 1-2 players back, 1-2 more went down. MDA's hands are tied there.

Have to get younger, faster, better defenders, and add at least 1 more 3 point shooter, while keeping Meeks. (which I'm not positive they'll do) Letting Meeks go and adding one shooter still leaves us one short, imo.

And if we did move Nash, and let Meeks go, then I don't know what the **** the plan is then. Those 2 are our best shooting options, we need to add one more to these 2.

^ I don't think they'll let Meeks go... He's $1.5 expiring... They gain nothing by letting him go...

MWP, Pau & Blake are the hot seat guys

With Duhon, Ebanks gone

Morris & Sacre probably get another year..

Bring back GOUDELOCK :lol:

Is emo Chris Bosh for Pau still a possibility :lol: I'm being sarcastic, I know it's not... Just hope it was.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom