Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was really tough to watch. I wasn't really surprised though, with all the minutes he's been playing and all the miles on his legs.

I couldn't watch that Kobe interview all the way through :smh: :frown: Can't believe this happened. D'antoni better be on his way out next season.

Just woke up and it still doesn't feel any better. But reading his post on Facebook just makes me believe that he will be back. Might not be the same as he was, but he will still give it his all as he did his entire career. What gets me is that he have everything for 17 seasons, he laid it all on the floor every night. He will be back, I know it. Right now, it's up to his team to carry this franchise while he's out. Everyone kept taking about how he needed a break and he needs rest. I guess this is the only way that he gets that "rest."

(recovery time, 9mnths-1yr) Hope this don't turn into a Peyton Manning situation, cus Kob not gonna sign with another team, and I hope he don't retire.... 80 mill is a lot of money that can get valuable pieces (specially since they think dwites the future). but its Kobe tho. He gave them 5 titles. Even if they amnesty him and pick him back up, thatll still look bad. This and Dwite future gonna hav La front office head scratchin... decisions, decisions

Last edited:
Well, we just have to face the fact that Kobe isn't going to be there for this playoff run and part of next season. We've talked about it, now it's going to happen....

Dwight, you are the man now. This is your show, you wanted touches, you're going to get them. I can imagine Kobe telling Dwight, using his favorite curse word. "Go out and dominate these mother *******."

Last edited:
I fell asleep early in the 4th quarter watching the game on my laptop last night. Woke up this morning and checked the score on my phone and was like :pimp: we won, let me read the game recap. It was so surreal seeing what was to me such a big deal just relegated to a few words on the screen. He's played through so many injuries that he could tough out, you just felt like no matter what happened he could always keep on trucking in some capacity until he decided he'd had enough. It was so sad watching his postgame interview where the reporter said something like "Obviously this is probably something even you can't attempt to play through?" And Kobe just deflatedly says, "I can't walk." :smh:

That's the kinda player he was, it was going to take him literally not being able to walk for him to not be on the floor giving his all to get into the playoffs for us. He said something this year about he just wanted people to remember him as somebody who overachieved; who squeezed every last drop out of his potential. I obviously hope he can come back, though I know with an achilles injury and at his age he can't be the same player. But even if he never comes back or isn't the same, he's definitely lived up to his desired reputation for me. He obviously had a lot of natural gifts, but I don't know that anybody ever worked as hard as him to extract all that he could out of what he was given. That is what I've always admired most about him and why he is my favorite player despite some of his flaws and faults.

Over a year ago, Bryant had a terrible shooting night in Miami and refused to leave American Airlines Arena. He showered, tossed on his practice clothes and returned to the arena floor for a long, hard workout. It was a strange, surreal scene. Mostly, it was Bryant.

After he had left the building, I sent him an email: What was that about?

He responded in the words of, yes, Achilles: "I want what all men want. I just want it more."

:smh:

when Rose went down it didnt really bother me. I mean i felt bad for him and chicago but it didnt bother ME.

Even though im a knicks fan, i felt horrible seeing this happen to him. damn shame.

Gotta blame stupid mda to play kobe crazy minutes at this age but also kobe himself. What a sad season

Only a handful of players that dedicated themselves to the game like Kobe did. Say what you want about his persona, his personal slip ups, but on the court, he was a warrior and I'm thankful to have been able to watch him play the game of basketball. Wishing him the best and hoping for a healthy recovery. 

Kobe was going to play as much as he wanted, regardless, no matter what D'Antoni or any coach (besides Phil) would say.

Still tho, seeing some of the public and some of your reactions. The finger is going to be pointed at D'Antoni no matter what. Dude is now public enemy number one. It's a wrap for him. But he should have never been in LA to begin with.

I just don't know what Jim is going to do. He seems not to care about the public perception. Way too many questions, not enough answers.

Def not a good day didn't know wth happened after a 4hr flight back to lax went to a coffee shop heard ppl talking about it thought it was a nightmare till I saw the highlight myself :smh:

Crazy kobe got a similar injury in my 2k association. It was an Achilles injury and towards the end of the season and through the playoffs. But it was just a strained Achilles and kobe came back after game 2 in round 1 :lol:.

But on a serious note his rant is why I love kobe. Dude has so much determination and will. "If you see me in a battle with a bear...prey for the bear."

my heart goes out to Kobe. wish him a quick and strong recovery.

on a side note, its officially D.Howards team now. at least for the remainder of this season

When will we know the results of the MRI?

doesnt seem like it matters much at this point. kobe already put on facebook hes having surgery today. they already know its a full tear, the MRI will just show exactly where it is torn before they do the surgery.

Full tear is 10-12 months...partial is 4-6. Maybe with all this struggle, we can still get lucky with just a partial tear..

Back
Top Bottom