Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
smokin.gif
fully healed kobe (16 months....get another knee surgery and make sure everything is ok)

with wiggins and howard
pimp.gif

its a shame stern is leaving , woulda been the knicks ewing scenerio all over again

yeah I don't mind full tank mode next year

even if they don't land the first pick, you know the NBA is rigged enough for them to get a top 3

Man, reading a bunch of stuff on the Achilles injuries of Elton Brand and Mehmet Okur is depressing. Obviously the two and Kobe play different positions, but both had the games that people figured could age well. Brand went from fringe All-Star to "just" serviceable player (natural age figured into his decline as well). Okur's Achilles did him in and the rest of his body followed. His back went out on him and he's retired two years later. :x Chauncey Billups is going through the same thing now, dealing with foot and groin after rupturing his Achilles.

Man, just thinking about the injury and its effect on Kobe's game. He's more than likely going to have to re-invent his game and turn himself more into a spot up shooter and post up guy. No more beating defenders off the dribble. :\

u guys are probably going to hate me for this but i think we should make a push for westbrook. dude is still crazy young and i have a feeling okc is aiming to split up KD nd Russ soon... think about it, russ and dwight, the future of LA post-kobe era....

A
u guys are probably going to hate me for this but i think we should make a push for westbrook. dude is still crazy young and i have a feeling okc is aiming to split up KD nd Russ soon... think about it, russ and dwight, the future of LA post-kobe era....

I like russ' game but I don't think he'd mesh well with Dwight. Both want the ball on their hands and they are babies mentally. It would just turn into another drama.

How can you possibly come up with any scenario of us grabbing Westbrook? We have no trade bait, and if we did,  we'd have to give like 3 to 4 people. 

Last edited:
How can you possibly come up with any scenario of us grabbing Westbrook? We have no trade bait, and if we did,  we'd have to give like 3 to 4 people. 
lord knows if i know but all im saying is we need to start thinking about the future. im sorry bro, but kobe isnt going 2 be the same

I haven't said much today but I'm a believer Kobe somehow is just as good as this year by Feb.

I predict if LA is struggling around Feb, Kobe has a 40 point average month.

If they are in good shape Kobe is "Magic" Bryant!

As a long time Lakers fan it pains me to see what happened to Kobe.

if he come back at 100% then that would be great, if he comes back anything less than the usual Kobe, us Kobe fans have been more than blessed to see him play his heart out for 15+ years at an extremely high level.

We are beyond spoiled fans and are expectation are sometimes beyond comprehension, but the future without kobe flashed before our eyes when he went down friday and it looked grim as ****. Lakers All Day.

Man, reading a bunch of stuff on the Achilles injuries of Elton Brand and Mehmet Okur is depressing. Obviously the two and Kobe play different positions, but both had the games that people figured could age well. Brand went from fringe All-Star to "just" serviceable player (natural age figured into his decline as well). Okur's Achilles did him in and the rest of his body followed. His back went out on him and he's retired two years later. :x Chauncey Billups is going through the same thing now, dealing with foot and groin after rupturing his Achilles.

Man, just thinking about the injury and its effect on Kobe's game. He's more than likely going to have to re-invent his game and turn himself more into a spot up shooter and post up guy. No more beating defenders off the dribble. :\

okur and brand are on the heavy side and went full fat afterwards

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
Word on D-League grapevine is that Lakers are lining up Andrew Goudelock for a callup for some backcourt reinforcement

The savior

Mini-Mamba :pimp: We need to call the Machine and Big Ears from across the pond.

Some different things

tay1...... I don't think getting rid of MWP is a good idea... Steve Blake I'm on the fence about.. MWP is still a solid defender.. Move him to the backup role, which he said he's fine with.. Dude is willing to give his life to this team.. If he wants to come back for less.. And is willing to split the SF minutes, I say might as well bring him back.. Steve Blake on the other hand, I don't think he is a primary back-up, he has the ability to hit big shots, but is hugely turnover prone, and is really bad on defense.. I'd like him for depth purposes (We kind of need it, especially with 700 year old Nash... And he shares minutes with another backup.. Doesn't hurt to keep him).... I don't think we need another Jamison... I think Clark can handle that role.

Teamlakers909.... I think it doesn't help or hurt Dwight staying long term.. On 1 side there is uncertainty with Kobe.. On the other side he sees how the franchise, city gets behind their stars, and for a guy who needs to be loved, he wants that place to call "home" badly.. I think Kobe & Dwight's relationship will get much better because of this though. They seemed to be be really getting to a good understanding of each other in the past month.

trickster360cj.... I think this pretty much puts Pau in the staying column... With Kobe's injury, keeping some guys he has chemistry with seems important for when he comes back... Dwight and Pau have become a good combo finally on offense.. You'll only get so much by trying to get a stretch 4, unless you're talking about the best 2-3 stretch 4s, it's almost not worth it. With Pau's value, age, money owed and injury concerns the past few years it decreases what you will get for him... And unless we get an offer that makes us the strongest bench in the league, I don't think you can risk chemistry, and comfort for Kobe and Dwight at this point...

Meeks has to really work on his game.. He's been decent... But he's gotta step it up to another level... He's young, so he can do it.. We don't need him to be able to drive to the hoop with ease.. But being able to hit a midrange shot more consistently... And tighten up on defense, and he'll be something great to have... He's not too slow, he's just absent minded on that side of the ball...

We'll see what Goudelock can do... I don't mind keeping him.. I truly don't.... My thing is.. He better come back from the offseason.. In shape.. And playing defense.. His shot is there, his floater is there..... But dude is naturally fat, and his defense fits in with this team (so that says something about him).

I don't think the Lakers really can afford to penny pinch.... I think everyone in that front office knows it... The luxury tax is awful for us.. But I think it's a sacrifice Jim has been willing to make short term.. Long term is a different story, and I get why you wouldn't want $100mil salaries every year.. Also if Jim was really concerned about the tax.. MWP would have been amnestied, and Pau would have been dumped already..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom