Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I realize Ron is the most likely candidate but is there anyone else?
Knight said Pau and Gasol, do you agree with this? 
laugh.gif

If you guys wanna get REALLY depressed, youtube game highlights from the Lakers 09 and '10 playoff runs. **** will bring a tear to your eye watching them play so well. I forgot what it feels like to enjoy watching a bball game.

It's highlight tho. It's supposed to be umm.. good?

But i agree, i did also watched some of the games from the back to back run the other week. I love that denver series.. Ariza's inbound pass steal :pimp:

It's highlight tho. It's supposed to be umm.. good?

But i agree, i did also watched some of the games from the back to back run the other week. I love that denver series.. Ariza's inbound pass steal
pimp.gif
not just the highlights but just that time. such great time.

I think MWP gets amnestied.. Had he kept playing the way he did the first two months, I wouldn't amnesty him. But the early January Game against Clippers was his turning point.. We lost partially because he did not show up at all.. And since then he's been playing like he did when they first came back from the lockout... Problem is he isn't out of shape.. If I'm Mitch, I tell him.. We will not pay you $7mil next year. I understand you love the Lakers You want to retire a Laker. You say you are a Laker for life. But we will not keep you at $7mil. We just can't. If you would play for less, we'd love to have you. But we can't afford you at $7mil.

MWP at half his contract.. Is a good value... Especially if we get the guy I want in Free Agency.. Will he do it? He'd be crazy to.. But MWP is crazy, so the unpredictable is always expected.

Dwight, Earl Clark we gotta retain both of them...

Antawn Jamison at the veteran's minimum isn't a bad investment..

Morris, Sacre are cheap. Doesn't hurt us to have them and just develop them for a year in the DLeague.

Biggest guy I want in Free Agency is Dorrell Wright. Great shooter, athletic, and can defend... Exactly the players we need..

If we have a spot open.. Come mid August.. I give CDR Veteran's minimum and keep him to try and strike lightning in a bottle again.

And whatever I do... I try to get Kyle Lowry... The reason that Lowry fits better is for Defense... Offensively Nash is better. But if I'm analyzing the full game... Lowry is as good as Nash at this point. Lowry also can drive to the bucket at will, which would be good with Dwight. Not saying Nash doesn't get to the hoop.. But Lowry can take it to the bucket and draw the foul a lot. Which means teams worry about him and crash hard. Lowry also is capable of playing more minutes effectively than Nash a game. He also expires in 2014, which CP will love.

Say we luck out and Nash gets us Lowry.. Or some three team involving Bargs gets us Lowry.. Then life would be great..

I'd be more confident in a team with Lowry than I am with Nash because Clips, Nuggets, OKC, Spurs will always eat Nash alive.. Lowry not so much.

Pau is really tough... Kobe, Pau & Dwight can 100% most certainly work. There is absolutely no reason all three of them can't get 15 shots a game. All in some manner that they want.. There's no reason that there cannot be stretches where Kobe is the #1 option, where Pau is the #1 option in the low post and when Dwight is the #1 option.. A good coach would find how to do all three involved in the manner they want to a large extent.

Last edited:
This damn question about saying you will stay long term Is not a source for drama at all.. Only the media keeps talking about it for it to be drama.

Dwight loves the city. He loves management... He loves the franchise... He has always said those 3 things.

But committing long term when it isn't time to sign the contract is UNNECESSARY and an empty gesture.

What is wrong with saying; I am focused on this year. I am focused on making the playoffs. I'm focused on winning a title this year.. That is the right answer, especially for a 25-29 team fighting for the playoffs

Last edited:
Smh Anybody hear about Dwight telling Rudy Gay he should of waited and played with him I'm Brooklyn Next year? This is from Stephen A Smith..... Dude has to go

If you guys wanna get REALLY depressed, youtube game highlights from the Lakers 09 and '10 playoff runs. **** will bring a tear to your eye watching them play so well. I forgot what it feels like to enjoy watching a bball game.

I'm doing that right now at work. :lol: :smh: Even highlights from the early 2000s. As the Lakers, we had that aura. HAD. :smh:

I love Nash, despite what he did to us before :smh: but he's a double edged sword at this point. I mean, his passing and shooting is still there but he's also a big gaping hole on defense that just cancels whatever he contributes offensively. Since kobe's been showing his passing capabilities, it makes Nash expandable.

I wish we can get a young defensive point guard, somebody with lots of energy. With Nash coming off the bench :smile:

But I guess that's asking too much :rolleyes :frown:

What's right for Dwight? Will Lakers deal Howard?
Ken Berger
By Ken Berger | NBA Insider
Feb. 15, 2013 9:25 PM ET

0 | Comments

Dwight Howard's future may be up in the air again. (US Presswire) Dwight Howard's future may be up in the air again. (US Presswire)

HOUSTON -- The smiles were hard to come by Friday for Dwight Howard, once the thousand-watt light bulb of the NBA.

He briefly managed a grin when discussing his Center Center for Centers," a YouTube bit about a fictional training center where centers -- banished from the All-Star ballot –- are trained to become point guards, and thus given the ability to become "productive members of the NBA," Howard said.

But that was all the fun and games for Howard, whose jovial presence in the sport has been muted by two solid years of uncertainty about his future. Last year in Orlando, the Dwightmare was in full force, consuming All-Star weekend with speculation over where Howard would be traded after he'd made it clear he wanted no part of staying with the Magic. A blockbuster trade that sent Howard to L.A. -- the kind of glitzy market he craved, in an environment shrouded in championships –- has not made him happy.

Howard said Friday that Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has told him he does not want to trade the free agent-to-be. It's the same message Kupchak delivered in a recent interview with Newsday and the same message he's given Howard's agent, Dan Fegan, in recent weeks.

However, CBSSports.com has learned that the Lakers have engaged in preliminary trade discussions with an unlikely trade partner regarding Howard: their fierce rival, the Boston Celtics. The centerpieces of the possible deal, which hasn't gained any traction, would be Howard and Rajon Rondo.

The imagination runs rampant with the tantalizing possibilities.

Other significant pieces would have to be involved, since Rondo's $11 million salary is substantially less than Howard's $19.5 million. If the Lakers dealt Howard for an All-Star point guard who is out for the rest of the season following ACL surgery, they'd effectively be throwing in the towel on this miserable, underachieving season and looking to next year.

The Celtics would be going all-in for a quick rebuild centered around Howard, with the hopes they could find a point guard in the draft or in free agency to capably run their offense – which they've managed to do in Rondo's absence anyway. Celtics president Danny Ainge has flirted with several trade possibilities for Rondo over the years, and the point guard's hyper-competitive drive and strong personality have proved difficult for coach Doc Rivers to manage.

There are at least two significant impediments to a Howard-Rondo deal. First, as Howard said Friday, the Lakers continue to insist they won't trade him, which sources say is the impression the Celtics have gotten, too. Second, Celtics president Danny Ainge would not trade Rondo without an assurance that Howard would re-sign with Boston as a free agent this summer, a league source said. Howard has shown no inclination to commit to anyone, including the Lakers, until the season is over.

Since the league source familiar with the discussions characterized them as preliminary, it's possible that the talks could be tabled until after the season. In that case, Howard would have to agree to a sign-and-trade to the Celtics that would only yield him a four-year deal as opposed to the five years the Lakers could offer him (or the Celtics, if he were traded there by Feb. 21 and subsequently re-signed). The Celtics could only acquire Howard in a sign-and-trade if they eschewed their full mid-level and remained below the so-called luxury-tax apron, a threshold $4 million above the tax line that was added in the 2011 collective bargaining agreement.

While the discussions have yet to progress, if nothing else, they open a potential avenue open for the Lakers to minimize the chances of losing Howard as a free agent and getting nothing in return. In other words, a fallback plan.

Would a trade to the Celtics make Howard happy, something he admitted Friday he has only experienced "at certain points" with the Lakers this season? At this point, it's difficult to fathom what, exactly, would make Howard happy. All we know is that Howard is determined not to commit to anyone before the season is over, including the Lakers, because he wants to avoid the distractions and circus atmosphere that consumed his final months in Orlando.

"I'm not going to deal with it," Howard said. "I had to deal with it all last year; I'm not going to do it again."

Also, league sources say several other teams intrigue Howard as possible destinations. The Nets, his first choice last season, remain a viable option -- but only via a trade before Feb. 21 since the Nets are well above the tax apron. The third team on Howard's original list, the Mavericks, have plenty of cap room and tradable contracts. The Rockets, hosts for this All-Star weekend, have become more attractive, sources say.

"I like their team," Howard said of the Rockets. "They're a great team. They're young, they play together, they're scrappy. … It's fun to watch them. They're one of the teams that we can tell that in a few years is going to be really good."

During his long, clumsy exit from Orlando, Howard was in a place where he'd spent his entire career. He knew the landscape, his role in the community and what the future would be like. After a tumultuous seven months with the Lakers, I asked him what factors would weigh into his free-agent decision this time.

"I've got to do what makes me happy," Howard said. "That's it."

Asked what makes him happy, and what has made him happy in the past, Howard said, "Having fun on the court. That's what makes me happy."

Howard remains far from 100 percent after back surgery last spring, and continues to deal with a torn labrum in his right shoulder and the frayed egos and competing agendas on a struggling Lakers team. So he didn't have to answer the next question, about whether he's having as much fun as he used to. But he did answer it, honestly.

"At the present time, no," he said. "Hopefully it gets better."

Asked if he's still the best center in the NBA, Howard said, "Yes. Even at 75 percent."

But while Howard's health and happiness are still wavering, there's no doubt about the percentage chance he'll address whether he plans to stay in L.A. or leave this summer. That would be zero, presenting the kind of uncertainty that the Lakers have to at least contemplate with the trade deadline six days away.

"The only thing that matters right now is the present," Howard said. "There's no need for me to talk about what happens at the end of the season. There's no need to go back and forth about it. I just feel like at the end of the year, that's when I should have my opportunity to make my own decision. I shouldn't be pressured or criticized for waiting until the end of the year.

"Nobody can control what happens at the end of the year," Howard said.

Not yet, anyway.

kobe could take all the shots rondo passes up. i'd be for it

Last edited:
Smh Anybody hear about Dwight telling Rudy Gay he should of waited and played with him I'm Brooklyn Next year? This is from Stephen A Smith..... Dude has to go

1. It's Stephen A... Strike 1.
2. Rudy Gay and Dwight's contracts don't match up... Strike 2.
3. Rudy Gay isn't walking away from $19mil to sign a less than make deal... Strike 3.
4. It's Rudy Gay and no one knew Rudy Gay was getting traded until about a month ago... Strike 4

Stop believing everything the media tells you

I would love for Rajon to be in this team, if they could add jeff green then I'm all for it. :lol:

Not for that monstrosity of a contract.

It's like the media doesn't even want credibility... And just want to throw **** at a wall to get a story.

Just plain awful, it isn't even journalism anymore.. It's like Ask Penthouse Forums when you see NBA writers write stories

Last edited:
Not for that monstrosity of a contract.

It's like the media doesn't even want credibility... And just want to throw **** at a wall to get a story.

Just plain awful, it isn't even journalism anymore.. It's like Ask Penthouse Forums when you see NBA writers write stories

What's jeff green's contract? :nerd:

The problem with amnestying MWP is you're moving one of Kobe's security blankets. From everything I've read and heard, Kobe loves MWP for his presence and competitive nature. Ultimately, Kobe would suck it up and hoop, but the Lakers better be aware it probably wouldn't please Kobe all while lessening an already thin team.

Last edited:
Seriously though... Lakers trade for Rondo...

Then what...

Steve Nash doesn't exist? We're keeping Steve Nash... Story doesn't even acknowledge the existence of Steve Nash. Which is pretty damn important to this story.

If Lakers trade Dwight for Rondo, we may as well pack it in for a few seasons.. That's how laughable that trade is.

Who would of thought D Antoni not running the offense with Nash as the point is even mind bottling to me. WOW....is he even on the Court :smh:

Back
Top Bottom