Delete

:smokin

Quinton Patton excites Jim Harbaugh with eagerness
By Kevin Patra
Published: May 2, 2013 at 06:05 a.m. Updated: May 2, 2013 at 02:50 p.m.
"Attack this day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind" is one of the many great Harbaughisms.

San Francisco 49ers rookie wide receiver Quinton Patton embodied that spirit earlier this week when he flew, at his own expense, from his hometown of Nashville, Tenn., to the Bay Area, eager to start preparing for the season.

"He's already my favorite guy," coach Jim Harbaugh told KNBR-AM in San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon as he gleefully relayed Patton's story.

The fourth-round draft pick from Louisiana Tech alerted the 49ers that he was coming to work after arriving at the airport.

"We had to go, 'You're where? What airport did you fly in to? You're in a rental car driving here?'" Harbaugh said. "'Yeah, coach, 20 minutes away.' We go, 'He can't be here, he can't come here. He's not allowed to be at our facility.'"

Aside from the 24-hour period after they are drafted for media introductions, rookies aren't allowed at the team facility until the start of rookie minicamp -- which starts May 10 for the 49ers. Had Patton arrived at the facility, he wouldn't have been able to participate in next weekend's camp. The 49ers had to tell the rookie to turn around and head back home.

Patton might have dropped a few dimes on the flight and car, but that might be the cheapest price any player has paid to earn a coach's admiration.

"The fact that he would buy his own ticket, fly out here, just speaks volumes about him," Harbaugh said of Patton. "To be honest with you, he reminds me of me. That's something I would have done. I love it."

Same birthday as Pharrell and Stephen Jackson!   I only know that because that happens to be my best friends birthday....and he reminds me every single damn year.
laugh.gif

Dunno if hes worth a roster spot.
What makes Okoye different isn't his 40 time & bench press, though they are elite. It's his 3 cone, (aka the best correlate for pass rush success). Okoye ran a 6.69, fully .5 seconds faster than the next fastest lineman and faster than many dbs. To put that in perspective, the fastest 3 cone EVER recorded at any combine was a 6.42.
could be a real come up. we'll see

Now with the addition of Synder, I really dont see Okoye making the roster.

So I guess we will finally find out what our new stadium will be called at the 11am presser this morning.  Apparently, the sponsor is Levi's.  Brodie Brazil thinks it should be called 501 Field (I think that sounds ok actually).  Not sure how much I would like the sound of Levi Stadium or something similar.

So I guess we will finally find out what our new stadium will be called at the 11am presser this morning.  Apparently, the sponsor is Levi's.  Brodie Brazil thinks it should be called 501 Field (I think that sounds ok actually).  Not sure how much I would like the sound of Levi Stadium or something similar.

Strauss stadium wouldn't be bad

Last edited:
We're favorites to host Super Bowl 50 :pimp:

EDIT-- official :pimp: x2

Last edited:
Awful news.  Just terrible.  Welp, now we need to bank on Manningham coming back to full strength early on....or one Jenkins, Patton or Lockette stepping up.  Boldin and a replacement level player is not enough for our #1 and #2.  Bad, bad news.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom