*| | Denim _ School | |*

you know you just dissed yourself right here, right?

Noooooo Not on the internet
frown.gif
. I don't care if I dissedmyself, I asked a question. If you're too above my $30 jeans to answer the question, move on.

first check the price(if its too good to be true, it prolly is). Most Evisu's range from 160 to 550 retail, so if you are paying less than 90, they rprolly fakes. Other than that, it can be hard to tell to the inexperienced eye. Most of the fakes i've seen have been of the more gawdy Evisu's(withsomethin painted or embroidered real big on them) I haven't seen any of the higher end and more subtle Evisu's bootlegged(that doesn't mean theydon't exist). If u have questions about a pair u have post it n i'll try n let u know.(i have a store that carries Evisu's so i can tell sometimesfrom a pic).

LTD/ED

i tried on a pair of even stevens hoping they would fit like that.
laugh.gif
they were alottighter and i am only 155 pounds. i guess i got some big legs or something.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif
they were alot tighter and i am only 155 pounds. i guess i got some big legs or something.

what size did you try and what size are you normally? im a size 33 and those are a 34x34.

I'm about to try a pair of Levi's STF to wear every day and see how they turn out, just soaked them and they fit perfect. I'm not expecting them tolook great though.

JDM, try starching them often and it'll speed up the process. There was some kid who starched his STFs everyday, and went through a bottle a week and theycame out dope.
pimp.gif

Lucky has maybe one cut that I like, but my girl had a pair and they ripped in the crotch way too easily, she's an avid biker downtown.

I would say there are alot of better brands out there than Lucky so keep searching or go for something else if you're looking to get into moresophisticated denim.

As fas as+%@%# I wouldn't know, haven't tried any denim from there nor even bought anything at all.

Originally Posted by Lootpac

you know you just dissed yourself right here, right?
Noooooo Not on the internet
frown.gif
. I don't care if I dissed myself, I asked a question. If you're too above my $30 jeans to answer the question, move on.

i'm not sure if you noticed, but i answered STF questions many times. if you bothered to read previous pages you would have seen this.
Originally Posted by chriscendo

HOW CAN I TELL IF EVISU ARE REAL OR NOT

personally i think it's a bit hard to tell. i just stick to one rule though: if the deal seems too good to be true, then it is. i remember a threadsomewhere on how to tell evisu fakes, but am not sure what happened to it. maybe you can just take them to the legit check thread, if you are unsure.
Originally Posted by vinnyvega1981

Can anyone share their opinion on the quality of french connection's denim ? Lucky? Thank you

no experience, but if it's anything like their clothing quality, then it sucks. from what i've seen of lucky, it's pretty much comparable tomall brands that you see at macys or jcpenny
Originally Posted by MiYaBaLlEr24

JDM, try starching them often and it'll speed up the process. There was some kid who starched his STFs everyday, and went through a bottle a week and they came out dope.
pimp.gif

that's dedication
laugh.gif
i would never spend that much time on my own jeans...i treatthem just like jeans, not like projects. this is analogous to people putting clear tape on the buttom of their shoe to prevent the soles from getting dirty, ithink it's a bit excessive. but hey, if you like the process and project, then that's totally up to you.

Originally Posted by fingerollin

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif
they were alot tighter and i am only 155 pounds. i guess i got some big legs or something.

what size did you try and what size are you normally? im a size 33 and those are a 34x34.

i'm normally a 32 and the ones i tried on were a 32. i forget the length though, i am guessing i tried a 32x32.

HEADS UP FOR ANY DENIM HEADS IN NYC. NOM DE GUERRE IS HAVING A 50% OFF WINTER SALE. THEY STILL HAVE TWOPAIRS OF BLUE (WITH A PURPLE TINT) STRAIGHT LEG SELVEDGE DENIM IN SIZE 30 AND 36 FOR $138. They are much better quality than APC IMO. I would have grabbed apair, but the 30s run small so I grabbed the last grey pair in 32.

i have a pair of nudie baggy bjorn sz 33 x 32 dry selvage, havent soaked or washed them yet

Raw, Selvage, yada yada yada.

I cop my denim from Old Navy. And they get Honeycombs and Whiskers.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind paying a buck fifty for some quality, durable denim. To those that wear their jeans everyday, are you doing for the sole purpose of gettingthem to fade? Besides from contrast issue, will washing them every week diminish the quality of the jean? I don't want to walk around all stank and junk.

i personally like raw jeans best when they're new without fades, i just like the dark color. And they're mad comfortable when they're hard, nh.

i'm not sure if you noticed, but i answered STF questions many times. if you bothered to read previous pages you would have seen this.

RIFLogo2.jpg

I've read through pretty much the entire thread, I saw the STF stuff, I wasn't asking about STF's though, I was asking about 527's and ifanyone knew how rescues or regular ralfs fit in comparison.

So what about skinny jeans that have that stretch material. I believe its like 2% spandex. What seperates them from the other jeans. I have a pair of Uniqlojeans that are like this.

Originally Posted by VA757VA

To those that wear their jeans everyday, are you doing for the sole purpose of getting them to fade? Besides from contrast issue, will washing them every week diminish the quality of the jean? I don't want to walk around all stank and junk.

there are basically 2 reasons to wear them: fade them, like a project, or because you like the dark/no rinse look. i myself prefer the latter, and sodon't try looking at my jeans like projects. i'm not sure what you mean by decreased quality through washing, i think you mean durability. ifthat's what you mean, then sure, washing them too many times will make the denim softer and more prone to wearing out, basic logic. you could always trydry cleaning as an alternative, or just don't sweat in your jeans and wear them casually.

I've read through pretty much the entire thread, I saw the STF stuff, I wasn't asking about STF's though, I was asking about 527's and if anyone knew how rescues or regular ralfs fit in comparison.

you sure about this? i mean, there were direct links and allusions directly to SuFu denim encyclopedia, which would of course have all those answers youneeded. that'd probably take 5 minutes max, instead of the couple hours or so you've been checking this thread just to try getting at me
laugh.gif
don't get all butt-hurt now. come on, with the amount of questions in this thread,it's hard enough as it is to reiterate myself without some people doing their own research. i'd like to help people, just don't be a donkey'sglut about it.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

527s fit pretty similar to Reg Ralfs.

Maybe a tad more flared.

correct.
Originally Posted by Kingpin2321

So what about skinny jeans that have that stretch material. I believe its like 2% spandex. What seperates them from the other jeans. I have a pair of Uniqlo jeans that are like this.

well, a lot of "denimheads" will tell you that anything other than 100% cotton is bad, but those same guys will probably also tell you that theirjeans are hand-spun by blind japanese nuns with gold thread and then soaked in indigo dye for 10 years before being sold. if they have spandex, that just meansit's cheaper, and won't have as much rigidity necessary for creating friction to make contrast on your denim. it's mostly found on skinny jeans;since they're naturally tighter on your legs, it's needed so the jeans won't break.

lol aight. I was lookin at the Nudie fit guide on the website and the Thinn Finns appealed most to me. Any other denim brands that provide the same fit?

^pretty much APC NS. it's a bit hard to find anywhere these days because of bandwagoners, but alternative brands that have similarly slim aestheticsinclude skulls, julian red, and 5EP (one of my favorites). of course they all have their own different jean models, but they all specifically market thatslimmer fit, all while having tremendous "quality," especially 5EP, which is on sale at revolveclothing.com right now IIRC.

i agree with you on the fad of skating, but i didn't pay 200 for them and unlike most people on this forum i don't let the price of an item dictate what ill do with 'em. i skate in some jeans because it produces a different result that just wearing them or biking in them. i don't mean to come off as nonchalant (sp?)
Ok I can feel you, but anymore it just seems like Skating is a fashion show, where kids go and wear their coolest clothes and sit around with their cool collabo skateboard and learn to ollie all day.

i know exactly what you mean, my homeboy is the coordinator of and indoor skatepark and we gettin all kinds of hypebeast lookin kids coming in for lessons and they get especially mad when they find out skating ruins your kicks

laugh.gif
smh.gif

any info on the Gap Morrisons? theyre a Raw Denim pair of jeans. ive been wearing mine on and off but i wear them most of the times..theyre still abit stiff and i see a lil fade coming
does anyone know how the fade will come out

Originally Posted by Purple Sneaks

i agree with you on the fad of skating, but i didn't pay 200 for them and unlike most people on this forum i don't let the price of an item dictate what ill do with 'em. i skate in some jeans because it produces a different result that just wearing them or biking in them. i don't mean to come off as nonchalant (sp?)
Ok I can feel you, but anymore it just seems like Skating is a fashion show, where kids go and wear their coolest clothes and sit around with their cool collabo skateboard and learn to ollie all day.

i know exactly what you mean, my homeboy is the coordinator of and indoor skatepark and we gettin all kinds of hypebeast lookin kids coming in for lessons and they get especially mad when they find out skating ruins your kicks

laugh.gif
smh.gif

any info on the Gap Morrisons? theyre a Raw Denim pair of jeans. ive been wearing mine on and off but i wear them most of the times..theyre still a bit stiff and i see a lil fade coming
does anyone know how the fade will come out

on the 3rd Sunday of March, face east at sundown. Your whiskers will reveal themselves.

If you dudes really want whiskers and higes in an instant (approximately 5-7 days) I suggest sloshing them in a egg and vinegar mixture.

2 parts eggs (2 yolks, 1 white) and 2 parts vinegar is the recommended measurement but you can add more eggs to give it a more sheen look.

This blend has been used by many Japanese denim enthusiasts.

Back
Top Bottom