*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by apwrxmd

What do you guys mean when you say certain denim brands are good "beginners"?

when getting in to raw and/or selvage denim there are beginner brands that give you a feel for what your dealing with and wont set you back an arm and a leg

^They're not too costly, like $300+, yet they produce good fades and introduce you into this whole raw denim thing.

So it's not like you're spending a hefty price of $300 on a pair of jeans when you might not even like the fit/cut.

Edit: Remember, not everyone likes raw denim, so spending $300+ may be a lot for someone that might not even like raw denim.

does an yone kno the measurements for the theigh area on APC rescues? i was looking around and i read that that area is a little wider than most and that waswat i was looking for and now im trying to find out the measurements before i buy htem..

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

haven't had time to be on NT for a minute, but i got to give it up to yamakazi18, for dropping non-stop knowledge on jeans. truly appreciated.
pimp.gif

i got a question about my levi stfs, if rocking it consistently ain't worth the trouble to build up the 'honeycombs/whiskers', what brands do you recommend me look into? to begin with?
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

i've been looking into nudies a lot and been contemplating if i should cop them or not for a rookie in this denim game.

also, i'm not sure if it has been answered or not, what's the difference between 'raw' and 'selvedge' ?
nerd.gif

thanks for the props man! nudies are a GREAT way to start. they fade REALLY quickly, after a week or so you'll start to see results, and after 4-5months of steady wear you'll be ready to wash them. they're also pretty cheap. 1 qualm is that if you wear them too hard, they are prone tocrotch blow-outs. if you don't do any athletic activities in them, you should be fine.
Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

what he means is not everyone has the skillset to wear jeans.

what...?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cs02132

does an yone kno the measurements for the theigh area on APC rescues? i was looking around and i read that that area is a little wider than most and that was wat i was looking for and now im trying to find out the measurements before i buy htem..

if you call/email context or denimbar, i'm sure they'll be more than happy to measure them for you.

i got a question, my jeans i started on last week are only 11.5oz. whats gonna happen with them once they start to fade? because i know most denim you guysare talking about is heavier than that.

So what you're saying is they are good beginner jeans because they fade well and aren't too expensive? If thats the case then what makes the moreexpensive jeans so much better then the "cheaper" Nudies and APC's.

I recently bought a pair of KMW 1950's and I don't know what to call them but they seem to be fading similar to my APC's Rescues. Those retailedfor around 275 but thanks to style forums I paid around 180. I guess I'm trying to say that I don't really get the difference you guys are making inthe jeans...

EDIT:
Also who makes good quality washed denim (doesnt have to be selvedge), with simple fades?
thanks

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

haven't had time to be on NT for a minute, but i got to give it up to yamakazi18, for dropping non-stop knowledge on jeans. truly appreciated.
pimp.gif

i got a question about my levi stfs, if rocking it consistently ain't worth the trouble to build up the 'honeycombs/whiskers', what brands do you recommend me look into? to begin with?
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

i've been looking into nudies a lot and been contemplating if i should cop them or not for a rookie in this denim game.

also, i'm not sure if it has been answered or not, what's the difference between 'raw' and 'selvedge' ?
nerd.gif

thanks for the props man! nudies are a GREAT way to start. they fade REALLY quickly, after a week or so you'll start to see results, and after 4-5 months of steady wear you'll be ready to wash them. they're also pretty cheap. 1 qualm is that if you wear them too hard, they are prone to crotch blow-outs. if you don't do any athletic activities in them, you should be fine.

what...?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cs02132

does an yone kno the measurements for the theigh area on APC rescues? i was looking around and i read that that area is a little wider than most and that was wat i was looking for and now im trying to find out the measurements before i buy htem..

if you call/email context or denimbar, i'm sure they'll be more than happy to measure them for you.
what are some nudies that dont have a bootcut (i dont want nut huggers either)? im a short dude too (5'7").. got anything for me?

LilJRDN, those Club Monaco jeans retail for 129 CDN here, and CM is a pretty common store comparable to Banana Republic...lol
Well look at that!
laugh.gif
Makes me wonder whether these areactual "raw denim"
eyes.gif
Hope this is higher quality denim than theones they usually use on their regular jeans (the way Levis uses raw denim on some of their jeans).

if you try reading some of the replies in here before posting, you'll realize that it's been discused ad nauseum. please refer to those posts, there's a great deal of information that's been posted, thanks.

All right, thanks! I just didn't know if the same rules applied. I know brand name won't matter as long as it's real raw denim but I just wanted tomake sure
happy.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Most of NT lacks skillsets to do much of anything.

Anyways, what I've been meaning to ask, I normally wear levis 527's, and I've been looking at checking out nudies/A.P.C. I'm leaning towards some regular ralfs, they look like they fit similar to the 527's, but I really don't want to buy a pair and have it just be a wierd fit as theres nowhere in colorado to try them on,

I haven't heard too much about lucky or+$%!*. My fcuks fit great. Are they quality jeans? If not why. Please school me...

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

what...?
laugh.gif

you need to learn the art of wearing jeans before you spend $300+, duh.

laugh.gif
Not at all. I'm just saying that if he's looking for "beginner"denim and later figures that he doesn't even like that kind of denim after buying some, at least he didn't go off and spend a grip of money.

As fingerrollin said, they give you a feel for what you're dealing with. I think he would feel better offknowing that he spent $140 for some APC's, and didn't like them, rather than buying some Samurais or Iron Hearts for a pretty substantial price.
Originally Posted by Young Turbo

How much do the Even Stevens run for
nerd.gif

And can somebody post pics wearing their pair...
pimp.gif

Even Steven Dry

Even Steven RawOrganic

I got a pair of APC hipsters sz 34 if anybody wants em..barely wore em, but they are stretched...buy em from me! PM me

Rolli and Purp..I don't even wanna hear anything from you guys

How much do the Even Stevens run for...

And can somebody post pics wearing their pair...

you can even stevens for 160-200 depending on the wash. dry organic, raw indigo, etc....

this is me in mine, some people may like jeans cut larger than this, if that your preference go with some regular ralfs or average joes
82dy2w2.jpg

fingerrollin, any chance of you hittin up NY anytime within the next few weeks?

i'm almost positive i'll be hittin up nyc in the next 2-3 weeks

Back
Top Bottom