*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Purple Face

If you dudes really want whiskers and higes in an instant (approximately 5-7 days) I suggest sloshing them in a egg and vinegar mixture.

2 parts eggs (2 yolks, 1 white) and 2 parts vinegar is the recommended measurement but you can add more eggs to give it a more sheen look.

This blend has been used by many Japanese denim enthusiasts.

Thanks man I'm about to go pick up some denim tomorrow. I'll do this when I get back from the mall.

personally i think the egg formula thing is a bit ridiculous. if you're going to make them look faded, just buy some pre-faded denim, there are lots ofbrands out there with great subtle/natural washes and great durability. the point of creating your own fade is that it's supposed to look natural, which idon't think will happen with the egg thing. maybe i'm missing something here, but i hope someone can fill me in on how it can be lucrative to anybody.

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

If you dudes really want whiskers and higes in an instant (approximately 5-7 days) I suggest sloshing them in a egg and vinegar mixture.

2 parts eggs (2 yolks, 1 white) and 2 parts vinegar is the recommended measurement but you can add more eggs to give it a more sheen look.

This blend has been used by many Japanese denim enthusiasts.

Thanks man I'm about to go pick up some denim tomorrow. I'll do this when I get back from the mall.
No problem jblackcat13. I wish you the best of luck! Happy denim sloshing!
thumbs%20up.jpg
thumbs%20up.jpg
thumbs%20up.jpg
thumbs%20up.jpg
thumbs%20up.jpg

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

personally i think the egg formula thing is a bit ridiculous. if you're going to make them look faded, just buy some pre-faded denim, there are lots of brands out there with great subtle/natural washes and great durability. the point of creating your own fade is that it's supposed to look natural, which i don't think will happen with the egg thing. maybe i'm missing something here, but i hope someone can fill me in on how it can be lucrative to anybody.
Why are you criticizing this method when you never tried it?! You DO get a natural fade because all this mixture does is accelerate the fading process.I forgot to mention that the person has to put on the jeans when the mixture is set into the designated areas of the jeans (behind the knees, upper frontthighs, etc.)

Is there anything thats APC or Nudie price that fits like the Goughs maybe a lil smaller but not much

alright quick question:

I just got some levis, stlye 569. It is raw denim much like the STF but not as hard (nh). I just wore them for the first time today. What should I do? Should Isoak them in hot or cold water tomorrow? Should I hang dry them or wear them as they dry? I got em 2 sizes bigger so then if it does shrink, it will fitperfectly.

Any help would be dope

personally i think the egg formula thing is a bit ridiculous. if you're going to make them look faded, just buy some pre-faded denim, there are lots of brands out there with great subtle/natural washes and great durability. the point of creating your own fade is that it's supposed to look natural, which i don't think will happen with the egg thing. maybe i'm missing something here, but i hope someone can fill me in on how it can be lucrative to anybody.
Why are you criticizing this method when you never tried it?! You DO get a natural fade because all this mixture does is accelerate the fading process. I forgot to mention that the person has to put on the jeans when the mixture is set into the designated areas of the jeans (behind the knees, upper front thighs, etc.)

hence why i said someone needed to fill me in
tongue.gif

in order to accelerate a process, you need to have started something. so i'm guessing one would need to wear their jeans at least untilhoneycombs/whiskering/lap fades develop to start the egg/vinegar process, am i correct on this? i am criticizing this method because, like i have said in someprevious post, it's analogous to trying too hard to keep your shoes clean, or in this case - trying to get an ironically natural fade. it's alsoredundant, as i said before, because they sell pre-faded jeans exactly for that reason. i guess if you are into the process more than the results, then thiswould make sense. and remember i always try to keep that objective stance on things, especially in this thread; i will play devil's advocate more oftenthan not, even with things that i do agree with. just trying to give out different opinions, don't take it personally.
Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

alright quick question:

I just got some levis, stlye 569. It is raw denim much like the STF but not as hard (nh). I just wore them for the first time today. What should I do? Should I soak them in hot or cold water tomorrow? Should I hang dry them or wear them as they dry? I got em 2 sizes bigger so then if it does shrink, it will fit perfectly.

Any help would be dope

i don't think they're raw. i think you are referring to what's called a 1-rinse wash, or line dry (which would explain their soft feel...new rawdenim is never soft, it turns soft after it's been processed/worn). you don't need to soak them or anything because they're not raw!
happy.gif
in the event that i am wrong, though, soaking them in cold water + wearing themas they dry is ideal, although warm and hang dry will also work.

Originally Posted by VA757VA

To those that wear their jeans everyday, are you doing for the sole purpose of getting them to fade? Besides from contrast issue, will washing them every week diminish the quality of the jean? I don't want to walk around all stank and junk.

there are basically 2 reasons to wear them: fade them, like a project, or because you like the dark/no rinse look. i myself prefer the latter, and so don't try looking at my jeans like projects. i'm not sure what you mean by decreased quality through washing, i think you mean durability. if that's what you mean, then sure, washing them too many times will make the denim softer and more prone to wearing out, basic logic. you could always try dry cleaning as an alternative, or just don't sweat in your jeans and wear them casually
I see. Thank you sir.

does anyone know where to find APC black NS in the OC/Irvine area? and if not, where online atleast?
an if anyone has their black APCs id be interested in how your fades have been coming along
thanks

a few pages back i asked what the theigh measurements for APC rescues were and no one knew so i emailed them and the guy replied 12 and a half but i dont getwhat he means because whenever i check on sites like karmaloop and stuff it says like 28 inch..help me

Ive used Purple Face's aka Dr Nelson PhD Denim Whisker Formula and it worked great. Ill post pics when i get home. My APCs are
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by cs02132

a few pages back i asked what the theigh measurements for APC rescues were and no one knew so i emailed them and the guy replied 12 and a half but i dont get what he means because whenever i check on sites like karmaloop and stuff it says like 28 inch..help me

12.5 is the measurement from one end of the thigh to the other, in inches. That sounds about right.
28 is probably the waist size. I can't imagine a28 inch thigh measurement
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nikeXcartoon

a few pages back i asked what the theigh measurements for APC rescues were and no one knew so i emailed them and the guy replied 12 and a half but i dont get what he means because whenever i check on sites like karmaloop and stuff it says like 28 inch..help me

12.5 is the measurement from one end of the thigh to the other, in inches. That sounds about right.
28 is probably the waist size. I can't imagine a 28 inch thigh measurement
laugh.gif

JNCO status.

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

Originally Posted by nikeXcartoon

28 is probably the waist size. I can't imagine a 28 inch thigh measurement
laugh.gif

JNCO status.

McHammer?

Originally Posted by HUSTLIN ON YOU

Ive used Purple Face's aka Dr Nelson PhD Denim Whisker Formula and it worked great. Ill post pics when i get home. My APCs are
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I know man my pair came out.
eek.gif
I do recommended to everyone else. I thank you Dr. Nelson.

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

maybe im not as cool or hip as some of u denim hippsters but mek is my new fave brand
fm02eastp_back.jpg

fm02eastp_front-close.jpg

wm04dubap_front-close.jpg

cf02oaxap_front-close.jpg

^ Do those come with a boyfriend?

i just got a pair of the straight sven fit for Nudies sizing 30/34. im not that tall and i usually fit a 30/32. would it be a good idea to tailor my jeans 2inches shorter on the length with the original hemp? I asked someone else this and they said anyone who tailors there pair should get slapped in the face.
laugh.gif

^do a soak first. nudies are sanforized so they wont shrink much but you may get about an inch or so down

Back
Top Bottom