*| | Denim _ School | |*

Word let’s see em when you do, is this your first pair? (Momotaro)
Edit: too old to figure how to quote lol

yeah man first pair of momo’s
Was on the fence about having the stripes on the back pocket but wasn’t totally against it all together so my compromise was black on black stripe on back pocket
I Figure it’ll fade out something crazy over time
Might go grab em today

BOM00X "Momotaro x Blue Owl" 15.7oz Selvedge Denim - Tight Tapered Fit
BF752CBA-8546-42A4-B105-C9C6E6D8C17C.jpeg

They came with a blacked out bandana I’m tryna put it on the cat in the pic above 😂

They def skinny as far as fit
Also got a tighter than what I’m used to leg opening but it’s cool
I’m starting to acquire the perfect fit for more or less any outfit/weather/shoe etc

Now that I have em I can’t believe I was on the fence about the back pocket stripes I ****ing love them

How you gentlemen feel about "Purple Brand" denim. I seen Westside Gunn rocking a few diff pair and i liked how they look. I'd like to try them out.
Purple.png

How you gentlemen feel about "Purple Brand" denim. I see Westside Gunn rocking a few diff pair and i liked how they look. I'd like to try them out.
Purple.png

big fan of the rapper but Not a fan of rapper jeans tho :lol:
Don’t know much about the company but have seen him rock em and have seen a lot of distressed washed out pairs which AINT really my thing

Blue owl still got a lil 20% off I going on I grabbed another heavyweight hoodie I figured I haven’t seen these 3sixteen joints on sale so I grabbed the light grey version with the natural leather zipper pull

So I guess I’ll like do squats in the yard with my jeans on since I’m wfh?

If I get a stationary bike I canwear the jeans on it

So I guess I’ll like do squats in the yard with my jeans on since I’m wfh?

If I get a stationary bike I canwear the jeans on it

I cracked on Friday and put on the PBJ’s I just first washed to wear around the house man
Second full work week completed from home and I’ve only popped out to drop off laundry grab groceries and trees dasssit
I may or may not have done some squats in em
:nthat:

I ended up getting the Resolute 710, purchased the 34x29 and 36x29, and ultimately stayed with the 36x29. I wear size 33 in Carhartt, I can't believe i'm up to 36 in Japanese denim now lol

Recently fallen in love with Rogue Territory.. I don’t own anything but I want to own every piece. For some reason, I’ve always glossed over the name ‘rogue’ as being something corny. But their looks are superb. Can anyone speak to any of their pieces?

Recently fallen in love with Rogue Territory.. I don’t own anything but I want to own every piece. For some reason, I’ve always glossed over the name ‘rogue’ as being something corny. But their looks are superb. Can anyone speak to any of their pieces?

Any pieces you like In Particular?
To me , aside from a few specific pieces , it seems like everybody makes the same thing when it comes to workwear inspired stuff
It boils down to minute details like selvedge id and back pockets /weights/ actual materials with me that ultimately determines the purchase
And Ofcourse the fit has to make sense to me

It’s funny tho cuz for the same reason you avoided them (rouge territory) at first is the same reason I avoid a lot of brands in the genre

if they’re based in Japan I give them more of a chance but when I find out it’s California or Canada I’m like mehhhhh at that price point

I like pretty much all their jackets that I’ve seen, and chinos.

mans youre right, it seems like everyone is offering the same aesthetic. Is there a discernible difference between the JP brands and US brands?

My opinion is it’s down to the specific details or in some cases lack there of
Like ONI for example
Made in Japan on old looms using Japanese materials etc just like all the other dope Japanese companies but they don’t give all the info on certain things ie SECRET DENIM
My goal is to collect em all on some Pokémon **** . I’m Tryna have atleast one pair (at this point) of all the companies I like and theN I guess when That isn’t enough I’ll try and get one black one blue denim from all my favorites

I like pretty much all their jackets that I’ve seen, and chinos.

mans youre right, it seems like everyone is offering the same aesthetic. Is there a discernible difference between the JP brands and US brands?

Their jackets are pretty fire. Expensive though, want to eventually get a black Ridgeline jacket. I know they were hyped to see Bond wearing their tan Ridgeline jacket in the No Time To Die trailer. Nice looking rugged jacket.

Kinda funny how guys in Japan became such denim geeks and loved and studied American brands like Levi's and Lee. Now most of the best brands for heavy, raw denim are Japanese. Levi's kinda don't care anymore except for a few slim selvedge pairs I see and lvc stuff. I'll randomly see some expensive, raw pairs of Lee on sites.

Last edited:
The Japanese have Been doing American style better than Americans for decades at this point.

there’s a book called Ametora by W. David Marx that goes into the history of this came to be if you’re interested.

tbh at this point there’s multiple Japanese tailors who trained under Florentine and Neapolitan style tailors and opened their own shops that do suits better than the Italians do (Corcos, Ciccio just off the top of my head)

6BF3690C-E423-4AC9-A0CE-F991E97054B0.jpeg

current 3Sixteen hoodie lineup
I know I don’t NEEEED the indigo version or the oatmeal version but I seen a “the strike gold” indigo hoodie that was a couple years of wear in and yeah I’m def gonna get one of those too
Hope y’all making the best of this quarantine Easter/Passover

83730768-D6EC-429E-907C-690C7935A30A.jpeg

couple things came in
Really impressed with the blue in green brand jeans
Really heavy stiff feel for 15oz, super Slubby too and the natural indigo tone is dope
These ONI’s really do feel like sweat pants tho crazy soft for 20oz
skinny leg opening but not OD
Secret denim looks dope and the weird tannish weft situation is a nice change of pace of other jeans I’ve copped
APC x CARHARTT WIP T-Shirt is decent quality too

KingJamesTheFifth KingJamesTheFifth Those black/grey momotaro's are dope. Fixing to cop a pair but will probably go with natural tapered vs. the others.

thanks man
Yeah every pair I’ve copped is all a variation of a tapered fit
Some are a more high rise than Others
One pair being relaxed but tapered vs the ONI being SPIKE tapered etc
Everyone on here says not to trip and to buy the closest thing to what fits and just get it tailored / hemmed but idk I’ve found some good fits IMO without touching em

I discovered GRAILED just before lockdown and have been going in-in. I need to chill. the Iron Hearts were washed once, soaked once and hemmed to my 30” already for $90 I am not complaining.
57B500B7-2212-409D-8D21-7F2670A79EC8.jpeg

trying to get these hemmed and tapered as well. Fit is way too baggy. Even their skinniest fit I would probably do the same to.
B394DBC4-3FFF-4D3D-B9BD-FF1FEDC072D8.jpeg

Anyone know the sizing on ‘14 slp d02 denim? 31in to be exact

If no one answers you here with valid info I would google -“ REDDIT SLPD02“
and work that rabbit hole (pause)
I’ve come to terms with the fact that aside from here, super future and reddit that there’s a very tiny amount of info out there for us denim heads
I can YouTube unboxing of pretty much any toy/gun/shoe but god forbid I wanna see the way some denim looks in a video before purchasing its damn near impossible

Back
Top Bottom