*| | Denim _ School | |*

Yo NT, I need some help with some dress pants (I know, not denim but it's a tailor question)
My whole HS band rented tuxes for concerts and stuff, and the pants that I got have a 38 inseam, and I'm a 32. Also, the legs are WAY too roomy/loose fitting for me, so I'd like a slimmer fit. Would a tailor be able to hem the legs to 32 and taper them for a slimmer fit? I'm worried it would look weird because the proportion could get messed up. Cost is not an object as my father owns 2 fabric stores and has tailors that would do it for next to nothing because my dad gives them so much business.

Self Edge New Product Update

Spring is around the corner and we're getting in new items on a weekly basis, if you're local to one of our stores drop in and check out what's new.

3sixteen+

We've got an awesome new jean from 3sixteen+ made of a left hand twill denim produced by Kuroki Mills in Okayama Japan. The fabric has a really interested deep indigo shade to it and a great hand once soaked. The jean was cut and sewn in America and comes with hidden rivets, a well tanned leather patch, and a great straight leg fit. Due to the limited amount of the fabric these were made in a small run of 100 pairs and won't be restocked. 

Iron Heart

We launched a new collaboration with Iron Heart last week, it's moving quickly at all of our stores, check them out online or come into a store to try a pair on. Along with the collaboration we got a full restock of the 666 Devil's Fit and a new indigo bandana. All stores have also gotten full restocks of all regular model jeans. The bandanas will be in the online store on February 25th and the next 301s restock is April 1st.

Real Japan Blues

RJB is still one of our favorite brands when it comes to fit and fabric. We just received some new shirts from their Spring/Summer collection along with some hot argyle socks. Along with these shirts and sock we got the rest of the run of the 103BSP and 106BSP jeans, these are all available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Flat Head

From Flat Head we've received a full restock of all their jeans including the SE05BSP, 3009 (F380), Women's Balder jean, and the last of the SEXFHXRJB15 jeans. Along with these jean restocks we got a great new polo shirt, polos are in again, at least we think so (as long as you promise not to tuck them in).

Imperial

Imperial has decided to move the production of their two most popular jeans to Japan. The Duke (indigo) and Shearer (indigo) jeans are now fully produced in Japan. What this means is a higher level of construction with new features such as rolled belt loops, hidden rivets, and chainstitched hems. The denim is still a 14.25oz Japanese selvedge fabric and the fits on both have been slightly modified. Check the online store for an updated size chart and spec list. We've also got a few more of the SEXI14 jeans in both indigo and black. All these jeans are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Sugar Cane

A full restock of all Sugar Cane jeans is hitting all stores on Monday, February 27. 

Mister Freedom

The spring collection starts shipping to stores March 10th, in the meantime we've gotten a full restock of the Troy Deck Jacket and the Mulholland Master in both colors at Self Edge New York.

Dry Bones

All three stores have just received a full restock of the Red-D Slim jeans from Dry Bones, there are a few more pairs coming into SESF and online on Saturday, February 25th. We also got a fill in of sizes of the Dry Bones Award Jacket, available now at all three stores and in our online store.

Strike Gold

All stores have received a full restock of all four Strike Gold jean models and we've received their highly anticipated loopwheeled blank hoodies, we feel these are the ultimate hoodie. If you're size is sold out online you can call SELA for a phone order, we received our shipment there this week.

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i got a small crotch hole on my nudie's sj ...is this something a local tailor can fix? I heard self edge does repairs, but they cost a lot

don't know how much self edge costs, but i do know denim therapy takes mail ins and they reweave the jean. http://denimtherapy.com/service-holes/

self edge is 40 bucks flat...20 if you purchased your jeans there

you maybe can win with denim repair i believe they charge 7 a inch
so measure and do the math...they can get real pricey

Originally Posted by Skateboard

Yo NT, I need some help with some dress pants (I know, not denim but it's a tailor question)
My whole HS band rented tuxes for concerts and stuff, and the pants that I got have a 38 inseam, and I'm a 32. Also, the legs are WAY too roomy/loose fitting for me, so I'd like a slimmer fit. Would a tailor be able to hem the legs to 32 and taper them for a slimmer fit? I'm worried it would look weird because the proportion could get messed up. Cost is not an object as my father owns 2 fabric stores and has tailors that would do it for next to nothing because my dad gives them so much business.

Tailor should be able to do that under $25

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Where can I get samurai jeans online?
Actually question is, is blueingreensoho.com legit?

More than legit.
Gordon from Denim Bar moved up to BiG...good folk up there

Purchased these last weekend at SESF, picked them up today from getting hemmed, but some tapering has to be done at the cuffs....

SEXIHXLSXA13:

Thanks Kiya.....

Cris.

Originally Posted by illwill8710

Originally Posted by kiyab
Hey Kiya. Whens the next 11 or 12% off sell. I've been eyeballing another pair of iron hearts.

If your in sf. .. Get the scout mob ap on iphone or android. Go to the san francisco section. There is a coupon for 50% off up to $50 off ... Prolly only works in sf

I'm looking for some jeans that aren't wide legged like Levi's 501's and not skinny jeans... I'm 6'2 and have long legs so I'm not tryna accentuate the fact that I have long legs
laugh.gif

IH634S RAW.

1-month (minus 2 days for a hot soak and 1 day switchin' to IH-702's) 1 cold-soak, 1 top-block-hot-soak:

Fit:

Cris.

So i have narrowed it down to the 3sixteen sl-100x or the Naked and Famous weird guy in indigio.

I wear a size 34 in Levi 501's that i always wash and now they fit somewhat tight, should i size down on these?

1st like to say thanks, theres a lot of info in here. can anyone recommend black denim thats gonna fit like nudie easy emil. i just got them in dry navy organic and blues organic and thats about as slim as my ego allows lol. any help appreciated.

FYI:

Certain Nordstrom Racks are getting Nudies are putting them on clearance. I've seen a few for about $60-80.

I also saw some N&F Twill Weird Guys for $90.

Originally Posted by macky

1st like to say thanks, theres a lot of info in here. can anyone recommend black denim thats gonna fit like nudie easy emil. i just got them in dry navy organic and blues organic and thats about as slim as my ego allows lol. any help appreciated.

[h1]Samurai Jeans - 17oz Mid Rise Straight Leg Fit S5000BK [/h1]
or

[h1]Samurai Jeans - 17oz S5000BKB Black x Black[/h1]

(Kobe) You're welcome (Kobe)

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Originally Posted by illwill8710

Originally Posted by kiyab
Hey Kiya. Whens the next 11 or 12% off sell. I've been eyeballing another pair of iron hearts.

If your in sf. .. Get the scout mob ap on iphone or android. Go to the san francisco section. There is a coupon for 50% off up to $50 off ... Prolly only works in sf
Thanks

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

or

thanks. now i just need nike to stop releasing heat every week so i can by jeans...know of any in the $200-250 range?

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

or

thanks. now i just need nike to stop releasing heat every week so i can by jeans...know of any in the $200-250 range?
i love my imperial dukes, got it from kiya

i dont find skinny or slim or straight jeans comfortable (legs too muscular from sports), not to mention waaaaaaay to snug around the package. What are my options?

i want some good fitting jeans, dope washes. maybe some distressed rips and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom