DESIGNER'S ROLL CALL: JORDAN XIX!!!

I basically created a mesh diamond, then defined it as a pattern( Edit > Define Pattern). Then I selected the area that i wanted mesh. Then i went to Edit > Fill > select the pattern you created. When you draw the mesh diamond it should like this a little bit.
meshexample.jpg

Remember to have the background clear. Obviously I drew this mesh not too well. But I hope you get the idea. You should also save it as a psd file too, just incase. Also change the size to your liking.

Holy Crap! You just proved that I know nothing about how to use photoshop!!! That is incredible! Thanks for helping.

So, you have to have that area empty to start with, then you overlay colors/ diffuser etc??? Man, I wish I had your knowledge and skills in that area Arch. I didn't realize you had worked professionally in art before.

Well what I did was select an area then fill it with color.
Then I made a new layer for the mesh
Then I selected the same area and filled it with the mesh pattern. You could overlay the mesh on the same layer where the color is, but I didn't want to dodge or burn the mesh. I just wanted to dodge and burn the bootie part. Thats why I kept them separated.
Here is a little screenshot of how I layered them.

layers.jpg

Great work from everyone. Nice renders, much props.

Question...
Has anyone thought that perhaps the laces will be tied at the rear of the shoe? When I picture the lace system that was described, I picture the laces running thru the ankle and out the rear, with the clasp in the rear built into the heel and a system of tucking the extra lace. Maybe from practical standpoint it doesn't make sense. Just another idea.

wow great post...and its still going!....great designs everyone...

hey arch...good stuff...3D models...Hand renderings...and photoshop/illustrtor...all in the same post?!?....high top props to you...great work

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i would def cop thoes...... :wow:
eek.gif

what is love?
love is paying $275 for $125 dollar shoes
love is talking about shoes on the internet
love is waiting out in line for J's at 6:30 in the morning
love is us.....

sorry u guys have good ideas but i hope they dont look like any of what u guys put... they actually look like bball shoes, thats why jordans were always different, they looked hot AND were good for bball...

JayWhes your rendering is nice, but they actually would be really good second generation East2West's...definitely not Air Jordans...

...BTW, JayWhes, ur first rendering, i felt, was much more Jordanesqe...i honestly love those...

... yeh... that came to my mind not to long ago... it's hard when so much has already been done. it makes you have to wokr that much harder.... eh...

I didn't notice the vc2 thing until i posted them. I was just trying to follow the description by making the heel the same as the XI and making the shape of the patent area similar. ah well...
----------------------------------
<---BROTHER!
RIP Chick Hearn
"I hate Stiffley Stiffersons. I like to prank them for hours in my basement." - Christopher Walken, SNL
"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." -Bruce Lee
"The ultimate goal of war is peace." - Sun Tzu The Art of War

Nice work Eskei. I think everyone has great ideas but when will Nike release those shoes Michael J. Fox copped in Back to the Future II? :tongue:
tongue.gif
Man, talk about a speed lacing system. Right when he dropped his heel in the shoe the laces strapped down and the "Nike" on the tongue started to glow. Picture a Jumpman on the tongue glowing red or silver on some black or white J's. That could be a breakthrough shoe.

"...we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of the dream" -Willy Wonka
Peep out the collection hea -> :www.retroshoes.com/gallery/albuo15

What is up with the drawstring thing at the toungue....I dont think it goes with it at all, looks like grandma's handbags or somethin...

Back
Top Bottom