DESIGNER'S ROLL CALL: JORDAN XIX!!!

Archeever: I have to say, with great respect to all the other designers who have posted up in this thread. Yours has to be my favourite.

The design is simply amazing, and the 3d renderings make me weak at the knees. I'm glad that someone is posting seriously in 3d, its like the next evolutionary step.

Thanks a lot, to all the designers

damn, all those are hot and ya got crazy talent, i just wish the jordans didn't have lace covers........i like laces to be seen so I can show people how I lace my kicks

jordan_XIX.jpg

there u have it
aim:shuguru314 email: infared314@yahoo.com
Must have dunk high sb maple/bison...WHEAT

VERY nice, shuguru314!! I like the coloring job and the different textures. Its probably one of the most original takes on the XIX. Great job and keep it up.

ill shoeguru! It looks a bit squatty, but the rendering skills and concept are on point. Nice colors too. You were the only one to incorporate a "checkered" shroud. HOTT!

I reckon you gotta go with eskei's design from LAST YEAR.

Remember, alot of the design element that we are now privy to were only recently disclosed, eskei's design seems to incorporate all of the elements without him knowing.

Is it too much to think that JB may have nicked Eskei's design when it was posted last year?

We'll see once the real shoe pops up!

CAST YOUR VOTE THIS WAY:

(Like All-NBA Teams)

Give a:

1st place vote- 5 points
2nd place vote- 3 points
3rd place vote- 2 points
4th place vote- 1point

1. VD ( i would seriously buy that if it was released)
2. Arch ( your 3d pics are so sweet only thing i dislike is imo a little too much like the xviii but nonetheless great job)
3. Eskei (very nice and clean)
4. JaywhYes (very nice also)
<-----Thanks for all the memories, Mike.

Ah, shoot, gotta move fast...

I have a design, but it's not coloured or scanned yet...

|I
tired.gif
@ me sleeping on the greatest DRC...

Hi all,

A lot of people know that I post here quite a bit, have a few nice kicks and know some stuff about J's. Not many people know though that I aspire to be a designer at Nike or Jordan Brand so I thought it was about time I put something up here for people to see.

Here is one concept I came up with for the Air Jordan XIX. I apologise for the dark and blurry rendering. It was a rush job that I did far too late at night. I can do much better and I hate the way the highlights give it a bulky, gumby look, but hey, I just wanted to get something up in a hurry. The picture is also quite dark. I may need to fix that but you should all ensure your brightness and contrast are turned up as high as possible at all times but not past the point where the black edges around your screen start to turn grey. Viewing on a black background will help immensely too.

The upper features a lace cover made from a secret stretch material (woven? rubber? x?) that is cosmetically treated to somewhat match the woven carbon fibre chassis in the midsole. This material is so secret even I don't know if the squares are woven, printed, molded... :tongue:

The lace cover is locked down at the rear by a strap that loops through a slot in the carbon fibre chassis and secures with a magnetic fastener. The lace cover is not removable. It attaches at the forefoot where the bottom of the laces would be. The cover goes right around the ankle in one seemless piece so obviously so when the strap is loosened it is just designed to loosen the cover enough to allow the shoe to be put on and the drawstring pulled tight. When fastened the cover is designed to stretch over the lace lock and loose end of the drawstring to just clean it up.

The strap is designed primarily to hold it all down so the cover does not ride up the ankle but by transferring forces into the vertical it would allow the lace cover to lock the foot down onto the base of the shoe effectively for that extra fit. The circle on the strap is to feature a small 3D jumpman encased in a hemisphere of clear plastic or glass. I haven't bothered drawing that.

On to the chassis. The chassis is a carbon fibre plate running the full length of the foot and wrapping up around the midfoot to provide support and guidance for the footstrike whilst also preventing ankle inversion. Above the carbon fibre is a tpu section to give added support along the length of the foot.

The upper sees a perforated patent leather rand combined with mesh under the lace cover and a padded lycra collar featuring memory foam at the top. Inside is a full, seamless inner bootie of breathable mesh and lycra with a pull loop at the heel.

The midsole will feature full length Zoom Air with an added Zoom Air pod in the heel for double stacked cushioning joy. Riding directly on top of this will be a full length woven carbon fibre sockliner. The sockliner and the carbon fibre chassis are designed to provide a rigid springboard for the high flying professional athlete of today (read Kobe. P.S. Kobe, sign onto JB already!).

The outsole has not been desinged yet. I probably wouldn't go with any kind of clear material.

Well, I hope you like the design. Sorry if it is hard to see. I'm too tired to do anything right now. Maybe one of the other guys can copy it, brighten it a bit and repost it.

Enjoy.

P.S. Nike, give me a job please! :D
happy.gif

25353761.jpg

Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

Elijah: thats a clean model, im luving it right now, to me i think that looks like something nike would put out. feeling it

elijah: DOOD!! where u been!? how come i never seen u work b4?! Why haven't u posted or said anything b4?! wow. that's super tight man! i'm really diggn' it! I like the design, the sketches, and jus the presentation in general.... ummm... thas it! i don't know what else to say. dood. u gots to reprazent more often!

carth: DOOD, GET ON IT! i'm actually redoing some sketches too! it's never too late. common dood!

z3n

sorry guys ive been gone for five days. I really appreciate the support ya'll gave me man. mad props to all the designers who posted. they are all seriously sick kicks and all have that true jordan flava. Keep it coming guys!!!

aiights. here we go. I'm not sure if this is " allowed" but i've made something that i like a bit mroe than my previous one.
ehhh... lesse what there is to say. It's a jordan shoe. It actually was inspired off some designs off one of my thesis sketches ironically. Umm... it's a bit more basketball/ jordan esque than the previoius design. I didnt' want to kill my black markers, so only 2 of the few sketches are black. The rear 3/4 shot is a cool grey shoe. And the final line drawings were not coloured in, because i'm feeling a bit exhausted from this shoe. I have atleat 10 concept sketches that were never put into further development. not sure if u guys are intrested in the rough line drawings...
Used some photoshop, and did a little layout. It's weird. I like graphic design, but when it comes to DRCs. i just want to show the sketches, and not present it... dunno why.

anyways, less talk and more show.
jodanxxixxlayoutxjpg.jpg

leme know what u guys think. hope you like it.

z3n

ps. and this is using my ghetto little trial account, so i think these pics are only going to be up for like 7 mor days or so.

pps. notice the little xix stitch on the back heel?!? yep. that's design baby! haha ... hehe... hrmm... ok, i'm done now.

OWWW! My heart. Very nice znth. Im loving the markering technique and textures, very hot. Im liking the lines on the lace cover. Almost reminds me of a wireframe.

Hey maybe you can call it the XIX+. Thats what I almost did, I was gonna redo my XIX but call it XIX+. But Im lazy.

Zenith, I love em man. They by far surpass the first ones you posted. awesome rendering, bro. Here's Sneaks mcgee's rendering. Personally, I am feelin it.
1asneaksmcgee.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. :smile:
smile.gif

Zen, great concept there! There is some absolutely fantastic stuff in this thread. Hopefully it will make the archives when it's all done.

I haven't posted anything before as I was just working on stuff, trying to hone my skills a little more to the point where I would not be embarrassed with whatever I posted. That pic above is really pretty rough but I didn't want to miss the end of the thread. I'd been trying to figure a design out for a while that matched the description given but it wasn't working until the other day.

So, I'm 28 but was hoping to go back to uni and start a design degree this year. Unfortunately due to being unemployed over the new year and beyond I figured I just couldn't afford it. The university year starts at the end of February here in Australia. Still, there is always next year. I'd love to swap emails with any of the design heads around here so feel free to email me. :smile:
smile.gif

Peace,

Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

Back
Top Bottom