Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Yea, all I wanted this week was a VoC. Yet all I got were Shards, shards, oh and a hint of energy.

And yes I got bitterly shafted by Xur this week too. Bungie just decided "Biggie got enough **** last week, we need to make sure he doesn't get **** this week." . I'm debating on taking a chance on getting the gloves and see if I can get Titan gloves. I bought that chest last week yea, and I rolled with the motes and got the 2nd Titan chest as well. The positive I see is if the Suros was repeated then the ice Breaker will be repeated or a Gjallahorn. I have hope!
Actually bro, you got an exotic Hard Light and a Raid heavy weapon but it just so happened to be the ones you already had. So technically you got a better roll than me. The whole normal mode raid all I got was energy and shards. Let's run the raid on hard for the templar up to the gatekeeper and see what drops this weekend!!!!!!! What can I say, I'm a glutton for RNG abuse.

Actually bro, you got an exotic Hard Light and a Raid heavy weapon but it just so happened to be the ones you already had. So technically you got a better roll than me. The whole normal mode raid all I got was energy and shards. Let's run the raid on hard for the templar up to the gatekeeper and see what drops this weekend!!!!!!! What can I say, I'm a glutton for RNG abuse.

Not as much as I am lol. I got shafted and I still keep coming back for more.

Oh yea, the VoC is a given to be leveled first out my current weapons. I have like 30 energy to use though, so I am wondering what else to level.

I am thinking of putting 1 of the end upgrades on the 77 Wizard fusion rifle. It was doing work in the VoG last night and it pairs well with the VoC also in there. @Zero23, I heard you telling me that the fusion rifle was clutch last night, lol

Since they are legendary, I can use the Truth rocket launcher since it is void, or I can level the Hezens Vengeance instead...I have a Zombie Apocalypse that doesn't have the last 3 upgrades either, but I think rocket launchers work better in VoG than machine guns.

I need Gjallahorn, so I don't have to question what heavy to use in all of this
laugh.gif

@Quad, it does very good damage, and I didn't even have the 1st damage upgrade to it when I was running with you for that run. The solar damage really helps against the wizards too.

When @Biggie62 drops start coming in, they are going to be in heavy amounts. It is going to make up for these last couple of days for you. At least you can level up all the stuff you have, or when you get the armor, you won't have to worry about it. I need to buy some Crucible & Vanguard armor pieces and break them down since I will be a little short on my Voidfang Vestments when I buy them once I get home.
Both you and Biggie with your damn legendary void fusions. That 77 wizard is so clutch against minotaurs. I need to run crucible and get my level from 2 to 3 so I can purchase that 77 Wizard. 

I've come to a point where pairing Vision of Confluence/Atheon's Epilogue and Gjallarhorn > any other exotic loadout I have. Hopefully I can get the Timepiece or the Fatebringer so I can continue pairing elemental legendaries with Gjallarhorn. Oh yeah, I maxed out Gjallarhorn last night. It is ridiculous at full attack damage. 
nthat.gif

That is probably the only good thing about me and Biggie not getting good drops lately, almost all my exotic and legendary weapons are maxed out. Its so hard to max out an exotic weapon so acquiring many will be a serious headache, kind of a good headache, but a headache nonetheless.

That is probably the only good thing about me and Biggie not getting good drops lately, almost all my exotic and legendary weapons are maxed out. Its so hard to max out an exotic weapon so acquiring many will be a serious headache, kind of a good headache, but a headache nonetheless.
I look at it as a marathon. Some get the good drops (raid armor) early while others get the "bad" drops (shards/energy) early. But in the end you're going to need both pieces to advance. What good is a raid armor without shards to level it up? I'm just banking the shards right now because I know once I finally get some pieces of raid armor, they'll be leveled up quick. 49 and still rising in the inventory!!!! 
sick.gif

Yea I guess, I've almost maxed out my Suros and Void fusion and my Zombie Apocalypse.

I mean the void fusion is awesome, but I was using icebreaker last night. That + Epilogue was the perfect combo for me. Shoot Hobgoblins with the Ice Breaker and Minotaurs with my Epilogue and the rest of the trash mobs. One thing I did realize is that my Void grenade that does 2 explosions will kill a non yellow Minotaur within those 2 explosions by itself. Need more armor that regenerates grenades faster.

I look at it as a marathon. Some get the good drops (raid armor) early while others get the "bad" drops (shards/energy) early. But in the end you're going to need both pieces to advance. What good is a raid armor without shards to level it up? I'm just banking the shards right now because I know once I finally get some pieces of raid armor, they'll be leveled up quick. 49 and still rising in the inventory!!!! :x

One thing I suggest that everyone does is get legendary gloves that increase reload speed of whatever weapon type you use most in your primary, and not hand canons when you use an AR Zero. :lol:

That helps so much.

I look at it as a marathon. Some get the good drops (raid armor) early while others get the "bad" drops (shards/energy) early. But in the end you're going to need both pieces to advance. What good is a raid armor without shards to level it up? I'm just banking the shards right now because I know once I finally get some pieces of raid armor, they'll be leveled up quick. 49 and still rising in the inventory!!!! 
sick.gif
One thing I suggest that everyone does is get legendary gloves that increase reload speed of whatever weapon type you use most in your primary, and not hand canons when you use an AR Zero.
laugh.gif

That helps so much.
#TEAMHANDCANNONFORLYFE

I have Chain of Woe for my Hunter (precision kills stack for faster reload) so it kinda makes the effect of the gloves minimal. The only reason I keep the hand cannon reload speed gauntlets is because of Thorn. Even with the fast reload perks it's still slow as molasses. Plus, RNGesus won't drop anymore legendary gauntlets for me. I haven't seen a set in a long time. I did however get a Titan set and 3 pairs of boots... damnit.

Last night on my last Tiger Strike I came across two other glorious guardians wielding Master Weapon Hand Cannons. We proceeded to destroy the Archon Priest and his minions without cheese, wrecking everything in sight with our hand cannons. The sound of three hand cannons mowing down opposing mobs was like a masterpiece symphony of violence. #TEAMHANDCANNON

#TEAMHANDCANNONFORLYFE

I have Chain of Woe for my Hunter (precision kills stack for faster reload) so it kinda makes the effect of the gloves minimal. The only reason I keep the hand cannon reload speed gauntlets is because of Thorn. Even with the fast reload perks it's still slow as molasses. Plus, RNGesus won't drop anymore legendary gauntlets for me. I haven't seen a set in a long time. I did however get a Titan set and 3 pairs of boots... damnit.

Last night on my last Tiger Strike I came across two other glorious guardians wielding Master Weapon Hand Cannons. We proceeded to destroy the Archon Priest and his minions without cheese, wrecking everything in sight with our hand cannons. The sound of three hand cannons mowing down opposing mobs was like a masterpiece symphony of violence. #TEAMHANDCANNON

Get those void kills out of the way. I want to get that bounty off my bounty list. Having the ability to only store 3 bounties really blows :smh:

At least I'll have Super Good Advice after today.

#TEAMHANDCANNONFORLYFE

Get those void kills out of the way. I want to get that bounty off my bounty list. Having the ability to only store 3 bounties really blows
mean.gif

At least I'll have Super Good Advice after today.
Yeah, I'm going to knock it out today when I get home from work. I was waiting for Xur to pop back up so I can get the Bad Juju thing from him to get 10000 points in the Crucible. I'm double dipping today and knocking them both out. Shouldn't take too long, I got 194 points for the void thing in like 5 matches of Control. 

I look at it as a marathon. Some get the good drops (raid armor) early while others get the "bad" drops (shards/energy) early. But in the end you're going to need both pieces to advance. What good is a raid armor without shards to level it up? I'm just banking the shards right now because I know once I finally get some pieces of raid armor, they'll be leveled up quick. 49 and still rising in the inventory!!!! :x

I got over 40 of each- strange coins, motes of lights, shards, and energy, so considering I just got the Suros this morning, it'll be maxed out pretty soon.

@Zero23, you could have level 3 Crucible already, but you were too busy getting your Vanguard rank to 12
laugh.gif
. The nice thing about mine is that it was a random drop/reward so I didn't have to spend the marks on it.

I had planned on knocking out some Crucible bounties today since I am normally doing Vanguard bounties with you guys for the most part these days. When I get on, I will help you guys get the points and stuff you need in the Crucible.

Guess we can do public event for the package, daily strike, and Crucible play after that.

I guess I will join Dead Orbit or something now since I hit level 3 with New Monarchy last night. I turned in some spinmetal before I logged off so I could get the level 3 package. @Biggie62 you should be happy to know, I only got a strange coin and a mote of light from this package
laugh.gif
mean.gif

@Quad over there stock piling everything! See if your nephew didn't buy everything early, you would have to spend that stuff now
laugh.gif

Last edited:

@Zero23, you could have level 3 Crucible already, but you were too busy getting your Vanguard rank to 12
laugh.gif
. The nice thing about mine is that it was a random drop/reward so I didn't have to spend the marks on it.

I had planned on knocking out some Crucible bounties today since I am normally doing Vanguard bounties with you guys for the most part these days. When I get on, I will help you guys get the points and stuff you need in the Crucible.

Guess we can do public event for the package, daily strike, and Crucible play after that.

I guess I will join Dead Orbit or something now since I hit level 3 with New Monarchy last night. I turned in some spinmetal before I logged off so I could get the level 3 package. @Biggie62 you should be happy to know, I only got a strange coin and a mote of light from this package
laugh.gif
mean.gif

@Quad over there stock piling everything! See if your nephew didn't buy everything early, you would have to spend that stuff now
laugh.gif
It's all about dat Vanguard Rank!!!!! The only reason it's that high is because I like my White Ranger Kanye Cape a lot better than the faction ones. I'm still heated I turned in 3 bounties to New Monarchy from Crucible by accident. Going to level up Crucible the 3 then roll with Dead orbit until I get that Blacksteel shader.

wrightone86 wrightone86 Every time I run the raid I get nothing but shards and energy.

Also Wright I forgot to thank you for assisting with getting my nephew punched so many times while yall were running Nightfall. :lol:

He died a couple of times in the process, but hey yall revived him.

Last edited:
@WrightOne86 Every time I run the raid I get nothing but shards and energy.

Also Wright I forgot to thank you for assisting with getting my nephew punched so many times while yall were running Nightfall.
laugh.gif
YOOOO, it was too funny. You were catching him in mid-shot with the body blows
roll.gif

I could hear the thud from the hit through his mic and in my headphones
roll.gif

@Quad is a must have and guaranteed entertainment when he is in your chat. When we were talking about him sneaking and playing during the hard mode Atheon fight was straight comedy.

It's all about dat Vanguard Rank!!!!! The only reason it's that high is because I like my White Ranger Kanye Cape a lot better than the faction ones. I'm still heated I turned in 3 bounties to New Monarchy from Crucible by accident. Going to level up Crucible the 3 then roll with Dead orbit until I get that Blacksteel shader.
Yea if it is true about getting the black shader from Dead Orbit by getting to rank 8, then I am definitely doing that too.

@WrightOne86 Every time I run the raid I get nothing but shards and energy.

Also Wright I forgot to thank you for assisting with getting my nephew punched so many times while yall were running Nightfall.
laugh.gif
YOOOO, it was too funny. You were catching him in mid-shot with the body blows
roll.gif

I could hear the thud from the hit through his mic and in my headphones
roll.gif

@Quad is a must have and guaranteed entertainment when he is in your chat. When we were talking about him sneaking and playing during the hard mode Atheon fight was straight comedy.
Still wondering if that sandwich he made was good or not... 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Between him having to go because he had to make a sandwich and him whispering about he has the TV off so it isn't shining, but he is still there and moving the controller around was hilarious
laugh.gif
. For about 45 minutes it was "this is the last try for me man......alright 1 more time."
laugh.gif

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/45322"href" href="https://niketalk.com/members/98288" style="display:inline-block;">@Quad
is a must have and guaranteed entertainment when he is in your chat. When we were talking about him sneaking and playing during the hard mode Atheon fight was straight comedy.

Still wondering if that sandwich he made was good or not... :lol: :lol:

Yea, a "get off the game and go to bed sandwich, unless you're in the VoG".

Between him having to go because he had to make a sandwich and him whispering about he has the TV off so it isn't shining, but he is still there and moving the controller around was hilarious :lol: . For about 45 minutes it was "this is the last try for me man......alright 1 more time." :lol:

TV off? then how is he playing the game with the TV off? ....he's in my man cave with the door closed b/c the surround sound is hella loud.

I really want to try to beat the Templar on hard and get Fatebringer. Might attempt it this weekend. I bet we could get it done...

Back
Top Bottom