Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I'm torn between picking up the Suros or the Crest of Alpha Lupi for my hunter. I already I have the Vex Mythoclast so what do you guys think? Maybe I'll just pass and wait for next week.

[@=/u/45322/WrightOne86]@WrightOne86[/@] That Maxima in your avi, I got the same one except its black cherry color. :smokin

Team #7GM :nthat:

You in any of the maxima groups? If so, we probably have spoken outside of NT on there too :lol:

As a matter of fact I am ....my7thgen.org and maxima.org

My dealership sent me a mailer saying the 8th gen will be on their showroom floor in December ....I plan on picking it up in January if I can.

Last edited:
I'm torn between picking up the Suros or the Crest of Alpha Lupi for my hunter. I already I have the Vex Mythoclast so what do you guys think? Maybe I'll just pass and wait for next week.
If you don't have it already the Suros is great. Very accurate with minimal kick like a laser gun once upgraded. It does shoot slower than normal auto rifles though. 

The Crest of Alpha Lupi looks dope but it's really specific to a playstyle of Medic/support. You drop more orbs for teammates when you use super and you revive faster with it. Aside from Aesthetics, this chest piece isn't the greatest for PvP.

I'd recommend grabbing the Suros to add to your arsenal. It's a good Exotic Primary.

I would probably pick the chest piece as the Suros is a little more easier to get, alot of people get as a strike reward, have not heard about many receiving an exotic chest as a strike reward. Both will be available again in less than month from Xur, so no stress homie.

Im saying the Suros is easier to get, yet I never received it as a reward and had to get it from Xur, so don't listen to me.

Last edited:

My dealership sent me a mailer saying the 8th gen will be on their showroom floor in December ....I plan on picking it up in January if I can.
Nice. Yea I am on both sites as well. I am friends with Staggered357, Ghozt, and a few other people from the group. Ghozt actually did my headlights for me before he started doing them for other people on a large scale like now. Most of the users have moved over to the FB group(s) that we have now and talk all the time in those. The forums used to busy like NT all the time, but have slowed down since since most just chat in the FB groups since it is a faster response.

If you don't have it already the Suros is great. Very accurate with minimal kick like a laser gun once upgraded. It does shoot slower than normal auto rifles though. 

The Crest of Alpha Lupi looks dope but it's really specific to a playstyle of Medic/support. You drop more orbs for teammates when you use super and you revive faster with it. Aside from Aesthetics, this chest piece isn't the greatest for PvP.

I'd recommend grabbing the Suros to add to your arsenal. It's a good Exotic Primary.
I meant to tell you last night in the VoG that I saw you taking all the orbs that I was dropping from the perk on my helm having the chance to drop an orb when I crit on a Vex
laugh.gif
. It actually procs more than I thought it would, but it is a nice feature.

That chest piece is like the helm I bought for my warlock last week. I get revived faster and revive teammates faster and drop more orbs when I use my super as well with it.

I would probably pick the chest piece as the Suros is a little more easier to get, alot of people get as a strike reward, have not heard about many receiving an exotic chest as a strike reward. Both will be available again in less than month from Xur, so no stress homie.

Im saying the Suros is easier to get, yet I never received it as a reward and had to get it from Xur, so don't listen to me.

I really wanted that Suros but since I have the Vex that's my go to auto rifle now. I guess I'll pick up the chest piece but probably won't use it much since I have the exotic helm. Was really hoping for the Gjallahorn or gauntlets. With my luck I'll purchase the Suros then get it in a strike like my IB smh

@Zero23
who has the best gear?
Honestly IMO the regular vanguard and the crucible quartermaster have the best gear. But each faction has different weapons. I'd check each one and see what fits best for you. New Monarchy has a good Auto Rifle where as FWC has a good scout rifle. So it's up to you which weapons you want.

trublu86 trublu86 Keeping the perks aside, if the defense numbers matter, an exotic chest will offer more defense than an exotic helm.

I leveled up Vanguard & New Monarchy to level 3. Got the Shadow Price & the Vanquisher VII from both of em but no shaders :/
Ironically I got the God Of War shader (all red) and Thunderdevil shader (silver, dark grey digi camo) shortly afterwards

Torn on getting that Chest of Alpha Lupi tho :/
Copped the Suros since I always liked that gun but got enough to get the chest too. Idk if I should wait n see if he brings back the Knucklehead radar or the Mask of the 3rd man next week. My current chest piece is maxed out btw

I leveled up Vanguard & New Monarchy to level 3. Got the Shadow Price & the Vanquisher VII from both of em but no shaders :/
Ironically I got the God Of War shader (all red) and Thunderdevil shader (silver, dark grey digi camo) shortly afterwards

Torn on getting that Chest of Alpha Lupi tho :/
Copped the Suros since I always liked that gun but got enough to get the chest too. Idk if I should wait n see if he brings back the Knucklehead radar or the Mask of the 3rd man next week. My current chest piece is maxed out btw
I was torn between these 2, but I ended up going with the Shadow Price in the end. Which one do you prefer?

@Quad @WrightOne86   not to interrupt but you guys both got maximas? have you seen the new maxima concept? and quad if the 8th generation is coming out...does it look ANYTHING like the concept? because if it does... im insta-copping.

the sport maxima : http://www.nissanusa.com/future-and-concept-vehicles/sport-sedan

I was torn between these 2, but I ended up going with the Shadow Price in the end. Which one do you prefer?
ive got the SP, grim citizen, doctor nope, atheon, and vanquisher.   i broke down the SP. both the GC and Vanquisher are better. Im just about to break down the DN also since atheon is basically a DN with void. Of all the rifles the vanquisher is my favorite. the gun wouldve been literally perfect if it had more rounds in the clip. grim citizen woulda been perfect if it had the same perks as the vanquisher. atheon woulda been perfect, if it had some damn impact and actually helped on the hard raid... cuz even with the oracle perks, it doesnt help at all.

Last edited:

@Quad @WrightOne86   not to interrupt but you guys both got maximas? have you seen the new maxima concept? and quad if the 8th generation is coming out...does it look ANYTHING like the concept? because if it does... im insta-copping.

the sport maxima : http://www.nissanusa.com/future-and-concept-vehicles/sport-sedan
Oh I saw it and it looks crazy! Def would turn heads when driving around. Nissan claims that it is going to keep the majority of this design and just a few minor tweaks, but we will see what they exactly mean by that in the end. I probably would get the 2nd/3rd year run of them though. I had the 1st year of the 7thgen and now have an '11 and I should have at least waited for the '10. They like to add little tweaks and things to their cars after a year or 2 for a refresh.

Anyone down to explore the VoG? I bet there are chests that people haven't found yet. I've never even fathomed to go where this dude went. I figured since we didn't have to down Atheon we could explore. Then head to Gatekeeper and knock that out quick.

the chest isn't there I I've already got it

Has anyone seen this? I couldn't stop laughing around the one minute mark about the currency...

Back
Top Bottom