Did Jordan play in a watered down era ?

Originally Posted by Peep Game

LOLWUT!?!?!?!?! So you saying that Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Shaq,
Sam Perkins, Hakeem Olajuwon and emerging Kobe, A.I., KG, and McGrady were watered down??? I could add loads of other
player on that list, but man, you serious????
which one of these names doesn't belong with the rest of them?
laugh.gif

LOLWUT!?!?!?!?! So you saying that Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Shaq,
Sam Perkins, Hakeem Olajuwon and emerging Kobe, A.I., KG, and McGrady were watered down??? I could add loads of other
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This thread is hilarious because most but not all the fools that you guys are currently calling stars wouldn't be so good if they played back then. Threads like this annoy me because some of yall just say anything for the sake of posting

This thread is hilarious because most but not all the fools that you guys are currently calling stars wouldn't be so good if they played back then. Threads like this annoy me because some of yall just say anything for the sake of posting

Players from jordans era still playing and contributing without their athleticism in today's game says a lot about the 90s. Too early to say but I don't see too many guys in today's game doing the same once the next era/gen comes along.

Players from jordans era still playing and contributing without their athleticism in today's game says a lot about the 90s. Too early to say but I don't see too many guys in today's game doing the same once the next era/gen comes along.

Originally Posted by Vsano

LOL at young people telling the 90's league was water down based on stats, then there is this "no elite guard in the 90's" reasoning. For people like me who grew up with 90's basketball, we know this thread don't give justice. We respect the great & remarkable talents of today, but to say that the 90's basketball is watered down, now that's disrespectful.
x2

anybody in this thread 21 or younger needs to exit.

LOL at young people telling the 90's league was water down based on stats, then there is this "no elite guard in the 90's" reasoning. For people like me who grew up with 90's basketball, we know this thread don't give justice. We respect the great & remarkable talents of today, but to say that the 90's basketball is watered down, now that's disrespectful.
x2

Originally Posted by Put em up

x2

word up...
Quick comparisons...

Wade > Drexler by a hair

S.Smith > JJohnson by a nice margin

Barkley > any forward except Duncan 

Ewing > any center within the past 10 yrs... 

Isiah Thomas > chris paul Paul still has a chance to past him up if he gets on the right team..

DWilkins < Lebron 

Dirk < Olajuwon footwork is too crazy

REGGIE > most 2 guards not named KOBE or WADE ray allen blends btwn both so i will exclude him

Originally Posted by Put em up

x2

word up...
Quick comparisons...

Wade > Drexler by a hair

S.Smith > JJohnson by a nice margin

Barkley > any forward except Duncan 

Ewing > any center within the past 10 yrs... 

Isiah Thomas > chris paul Paul still has a chance to past him up if he gets on the right team..

DWilkins < Lebron 

Dirk < Olajuwon footwork is too crazy

REGGIE > most 2 guards not named KOBE or WADE ray allen blends btwn both so i will exclude him

Originally Posted by TheCoolestGuyUNo

Apples & Oranges....I'm 25 BTW
This isn't an apples & oranges argument. We're talking about the effects of expansion (among other things) in the league in a particular era. When you add six new teams over the course of 8 seasons, the league becomes watered down. The talent level at the top didn't dip and nobody should be saying one era's stars was better than another. The problem is while the top tier talent remained high, there was influx of bottom-feeders that diluted the league. Add in ridiculous rookie contracts and the beginning of the era of overpaid role players and borderline All-Stars, and the league took a hit OVERALL. The W-L records from '96-'98 back it all up.

Originally Posted by TheCoolestGuyUNo

Apples & Oranges....I'm 25 BTW
This isn't an apples & oranges argument. We're talking about the effects of expansion (among other things) in the league in a particular era. When you add six new teams over the course of 8 seasons, the league becomes watered down. The talent level at the top didn't dip and nobody should be saying one era's stars was better than another. The problem is while the top tier talent remained high, there was influx of bottom-feeders that diluted the league. Add in ridiculous rookie contracts and the beginning of the era of overpaid role players and borderline All-Stars, and the league took a hit OVERALL. The W-L records from '96-'98 back it all up.

I also remember that Orlando was the second best team in the east for a few of those years and they were barely an above .500 away team. Ususally the great teams have good away records to go along with their homecourt dominance.

I also remember that Orlando was the second best team in the east for a few of those years and they were barely an above .500 away team. Ususally the great teams have good away records to go along with their homecourt dominance.

Teams in the 90's knew how to play great fundamental basketball too. Nowadays its about crossovers and dunks, most players in that era can make an open jumper, play good team defense, good half court offense...a lot of teams that are praised nowadays can't do any of those things

Teams in the 90's knew how to play great fundamental basketball too. Nowadays its about crossovers and dunks, most players in that era can make an open jumper, play good team defense, good half court offense...a lot of teams that are praised nowadays can't do any of those things

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Wow, you can tell who never watched the games.

Worst thread in the history of Sports & Training, you kids have too much time on your hands with no games on.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Wow, you can tell who never watched the games.

Worst thread in the history of Sports & Training, you kids have too much time on your hands with no games on.

Back
Top Bottom