Diego Maradona Filmed Hitting His Girlfriend

I think it just might be because the World Cup is an international event. It'd be like not supporting your country during the Olympics.

I pulled for the US before they got eliminated, but I didn't plan my day around watching the games like most my friends did lol. But I feel where your coming from.

I agree with this. Its just not something I'm into, but it doesn't suck just because I'm not into it. Come World Cup time I just let the soccer heads enjoy themselves. The dudes constantly yapping about how soccer sucks are corny though.

What annoyed me though, was when people would be legitametely bothered that I had no interest in the World Cup and treated it like something was wrong with me because I don't like "the words game" while talking bad about basketball, baseball, football and hockey and I know people like that who are dead serious too.

I'm just like damn, enjoy the World Cup, me or anyone else who isn't interested in it doesn't take anything away from the game.

yeah it goes both ways. some soccer fans can be very insufferable and elitists.

we all know soccer isn't popular in the united states, that's no secret, nor is that the issue.
the issue that people had was that these cats didn't know who maradona is. you don't have to like the sport to know who someone is. like some pitch cats pointed out, maradona was like mj at some point around the world.
but i think it has more to do with the times, most people would've known who maradona was back in the 90's, just like nowadays pretty much everyone knows who messi and ronaldo are.

^^^^ But Messi and Ronaldo are popular now, in an age with internet, and social media.

The Hand of God happen before most dudes on this board were born. If you're not a soccer fan, and haven't watch a decent amount of World Cup coverage when he was coach, there is a good chance you would know about dude.

I is not imaginable to think that someone has never heard of Maradonna, a dude that was at the height of his fame over 20 years ago.

I wish I had been raised up on soccer, my cousin only recently got me into it

and it's exciting and easy to follow as far as game rules go

Last edited:
If your a sports fan and don't know who Diego Maradona is you've definitely

A) Never been on a plane

B) Have barely ever left the small radius you call your neighborhood

C) Can't spot more than three countries on a map in each continent.

A) Never been on a plane

Been a sports fan a long time, have no clue who this guy was

Been on a plane many times...

Knows the difference between Niger and Nigeria

A) Never been on a plane

D) Know it's you're not your

Conclusion: Failed attempt

^^^^ But Messi and Ronaldo are popular now, in an age with internet, and social media.

The Hand of God happen before most dudes on this board were born. If you're not a soccer fan, and haven't watch a decent amount of World Cup coverage when he was coach, there is a good chance you would know about dude.

I is not imaginable to think that someone has never heard of Maradonna, a dude that was at the height of his fame over 20 years ago.
This is a good point, however could you imagine someone saying "who's Wilt Chamberlain or Kareem Abdul Jabbar and why should I care?"

Even outside the U.S. a comment like that seems preposterous. 

A) Never been on a plane

Dem dere NT extremes doe

I don't know who this guy is. I just know him from "it's time to fap" meme.

I do know Pele though.

Dudes that just flex on yambs for no reason are weak as hell, man

:smh: :smh:

Are we going to start seeing domestic violence commercials during soccer?

im 
roll.gif
 at your sig.

I don't know who this guy is. I just know him from "it's time to fap" meme.

I do know Pele though.

Dudes that just flex on yambs for no reason are weak as hell, man

mean.gif
mean.gif

Are we going to start seeing domestic violence commercials during soccer?
there aren't any commercials during, well except haltime

this ad I saw was pretty chilling, I don't know if it ran on tv

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom