difference between cement and elephant ?

Originally Posted by denverairforce

cement technically references the color. people associate it with the splatter print because of the IV's. cement refers to the gray though, not the speckles. when you look at real cement, it is typically all gray. it does not have black speckles in it. also, cement gray is used on other sneakers that do not have the speckles. elephant is an actual pattern on the leather and can be any color. it is patterned after elephant skin.
This is what I have ALWAYS believed, and I still do.

This is probably the first time I don't agree 100% with indohan (much respect) but...

The speckle/splatter pattern on the 4s is just that, speckles. The COLOR on both the 3s and 4s is cement grey.
I honestly don't think there is a "cement print"

aj4_wht_yel_blue_3.jpg

is this yellow cement print?
or speckled yellow?

veGAtts: It's all good, man. Don't worry about it.
wink.gif

Well, on my post that many people quoted, I only showed pairs that really have the resemblance of cement + elephant.

The color description of those IIIs were actually "cement".
side03-03.gif
Black/Cement-Grey

side03-02.gif
White/Cement-Grey

However, for this pair, it doesn't contain any cement on it:

side03-04.gif
White/Fire-Red.

But White/Fire-Red still has the elephant print.

On IVs, only some have the cement print. Well, it's obvious why it's called "cement print".

side04-04.gif
White/Varsity-Red/Black

side04-05.gif
White/Military-Blue

The two pairs above do not have the "cement" color; they don't have cement "print".
In fact, the only pair that color description has "cement" word on it does not have the cement"print".

side04-03.gif
Black/Cement Grey

So, this "cement print" is tagged on the Black/White IVs is because the resemblance of cement concrete.
It's all now depends on how people receive this concept.

I'm sorry, I used such a large font. I posted quite a number of pictures.
Lesson learned, don't post huge pictures on NT.

Originally Posted by j4rote33

Originally Posted by Fang Bian Mian

Cement's a color ref.
Elephant's a print ref.

Actually brotha you're wrong. As indohan showed the cement print is kinda like speckled and the elephant print, well i can't really explain that but just look up at indohans post haha.
roll.gif

sorry guys, but again, "cement print" doesn't make any sense. cement does not have speckles on it in the real world, why would speckled gray be a"cement print"? it's cement gray with speckles, period. not that hard to grasp folks. and no disrespect to the people trying to drop info,i'm just trying to clarify here with a little common sense.

what happened to that dude who snapped on indohan??? he let his voice heard i guess...dude snapped...but then again some of folks here on niketalk like to actfunny tho...either you help or don't help....dude probly got banned but he spoke the truth...except for the language...oh well....

Indohan, my man -- I really have to step in and correct you here!

You mention "Cement Print" - There is no such thing!! Cement issimply the "color" that is on White/Cement Grey III's & Black/Cement Grey III's.

Originally Posted by indohan

Either cement or elephant print, both are grey.
How is this so hard to understand?
You started on the right mentality to inform OP, but then you fell short.

'Elephant Print' in NO TERMS is GREY!! It's Simply a Print, the color behind its texture on the suede just happens to be Grey on 2 pairsWhite/Cement Grey III's & Black/Cement Grey III's; Hence the color description on the Box says 'Cement Grey'.
You might argue why this term is not mentioned on either the True Blue's or the Fire Red's!! -- ORIGINALLY in 1989 the color behind the Elephant Printon these 2 pairs was not Grey at all (although it is on the Retros), it was more of a 'smoke' color. So lets get that whole relation of the Cement Greyand Elephant Print out of the way there!!!

The White/Black IV's just happen to a 'speckled' midsole - that does conclude them to have a 'cement print'. That terminology is just afalsely created one. Even the color description only labels this pair as "White/Black" only because the 'speckled midsole' is not beingreferred to a color, its simply a design/pattern/texture/print, whatever one may label it as.

And as for the Black/Cement Grey pair, I would assume it is easy to understand that the 'Cement Grey' is being simply referred to the Grey midsole andother highlights that are 'Grey' in color.
air-jordan-4-retro-white-cement.jpg

As for the Elephant Print, IT IS just as simple as it sounds:

ELEPHANT PRINT

ELEPHANT PRINT

ELEPHANT PRINT

ELEPHANT PRINT

ELEPHANT PRINT

What does that sound like to you?

Look at this image :
603_03.jpg

The above image is footprint of an elephant, look closely that you will see that its print is what we actually see on theprint on the Jordan III's. That is where Tinker's idea was derived from, and in the Original Jordan III description in 1989 the leather on the JordanIII which we refer to as 'tumbled leather' was actually described as 'elephant skinned wrinkled leather'.

Kapeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!

elephant print is on the toe of the III.

cement is the gray color on the IIIs and IVs

Solesupreme my mannnnnnn. Where have you been?
I said it was called "cement print" is because the resemblance of it. Well, it was exclusively for White/Black IVs.
For the rest of the IVs, NO.
happy.gif

Anyway, I guess you put it better than I did.
Always a pleasure, my man.. Always...
happy.gif

Yeah, you shut down the thread.

^

just admit that you were wrong and keep it moving.

cement refers to a particular shade of gray, elephant is an embossed print/pattern.

and nike in the past and present uses elephant print in more than one color.

Did the newb juss call us beginners hahaha

Numnuts it takes an idiot to make a thread like this

Cement is the color and the elephant print is that who design scheme on the III"s and spiz'ikes

Originally Posted by lysolflow

Originally Posted by Zeshan007

sh................................ot man u cant do a lil research before posting?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Wozman23

Cement:

Elephant:

This is one short sentence. This is another.

Originally Posted by greatone33333

e9f2552e5b7740cd60b04bb6750da6fb52dea87.pjpg

true blue gucci over elephant print

laugh.gif

i remember the thread about the stiched gucci 3 str8 ##%%%%

Originally Posted by indohan

******S PEOPLE ARE JUST SIMPLY DON'T(REFUSE TO) UNDERSTAND ENGLISH AND LOVE TO IRRITATE PEOPLE.
QUOTING THE TWO HUGE PICTURES JUST TO MAKE 2-3 THEIR SHORT SENTENCES HEARD.

OR,
PROBABLY DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE QUOTING AND POSTING OPINIONS RIGHT AWAY DUE TO THE URGENCY TO INCREASE POST COUNTS.

Back
Top Bottom