Disappointments of 2012

GFID, Cruel Summer, and BOATS (despite my avy) were all disappointing for me but at different levels.

GFID I just didn't enjoy at all. I usually mess wit ross but this album was so forgettable. most disappointing for me.

Cruel Summer I was disappointed when I saw the tracklist. If I hadn't heard all those songs that album would've been cool.

BOATS was just really bad for the most part. Had some nice cuts, and I mean 2 chainz isn't the best rapper but I loved tru realigion and thought he would actually one up it with his album.

Live from the Underground sounded commercial? I dont get it, thats one of my favorite CD's, and I'm a huge KRIT fan

Other than "Yeah Dat's Me" and "What U Mean", what exactly was commercial about Live From the Underground?? (I did hate that song 2 Cool 2 Be Southern though)

I agree with everything said except for Nas' album. Slaughterhouse.........yeah, they gotta figure something out.

Other than "Yeah Dat's Me" and "What U Mean", what exactly was commercial about Live From the Underground?? (I did hate that song 2 Cool 2 Be Southern though)

that joint wit' 2 chainz was commercial... duh, it had 2chainz on it :lol:

Honestly, it just didn't have the vibe that his first two mixtapes had. Forevanaday was just too depressing for me

I dont know if commercial is the right word...but if you look at his three previous tapes and the balance he had on them in terms of subject matter, LFTU is easily in fourth place.

The last 3-4 records finish the album off strong but you cant ignore the OD attention giving to the Car subject and the emptiness of alot of the verses. Imo as a huge fan of Krit, the stuff he highlighted in the album was not a true reflection of who he is as a complete artist, and thats including production.

Be honest with yaself would u hand anybody trying to get on big krit that album over any of his mixtapes?

I dont know if commercial is the right word...but if you look at his three previous tapes and the balance he had on them in terms of subject matter, LFTU is easily in fourth place.

The last 3-4 records finish the album off strong but you cant ignore the OD attention giving to the Car subject and the emptiness of alot of the verses. Imo as a huge fan of Krit, the stuff he highlighted in the album was not a true reflection of who he is as a complete artist, and thats including production.

Be honest with yaself would u hand anybody trying to get on big krit that album over any of his mixtapes?

Its like somebody said before, his mixtapes were 9's, his album was an 8, but people want to call it a dissapointment. I mean he talked about cars alot on his mixtapes, but I know nobody expect Praying Man to be the album 12 times.

Its like somebody said before, his mixtapes were 9's, his album was an 8, but people want to call it a dissapointment. I mean he talked about cars alot on his mixtapes, but I know nobody expect Praying Man to be the album 12 times.

... so the music climate today is so bad we can't even expect your STUDIO ALBUM to be on the same level as your mixtapes???? And u being gracious giving it an 8... more like a 7, 7.5 to me.

A disappointment is a disappointment. You go into a test expecting an A, you gonna be disappointed if you make anything less than an A, right? Even if it IS B+. Thread title said disappointments.... not degrees of disappointment

Gucci has been SO slept on in 2012... 
mean.gif

... so the music climate today is so bad we can't even expect your STUDIO ALBUM to be on the same level as your mixtapes???? And u being gracious giving it an 8... more like a 7, 7.5 to me.

A disappointment is a disappointment. You go into a test expecting an A, you gonna be disappointed if you make anything less than an A, right? Even if it IS B+. Thread title said disappointments.... not degrees of disappointment

Based on the amount of mixtapes that come out in relation to studio albums, that's exactly right, especially as far as rap/hip hop goes. People are barely even able to get there albums out with the stranglehold major labels have on them.

You have to think about the music industry today. In the 90's you could take a demo to a label...if it was dope you got signed if it sucked then you didnt. Now you have to give away all your best material and put out several mixtapes just to get a buzz. How much GREAT material do you expect this dude to have when he's been giving it away for free for atleast a year now

Back
Top Bottom