DISCOVERY/NAT GEO IS AIRING OUT CHRISTIANITY

Everytime Fox news mentions Americans liberating Muslims I just give them the
mad.gif
. No one cared when millions of black Sudanese were being massacred by the millions and still are. Things people do under the guise of morality andaltruism.

What's important is that you make a conscious effort to be a good human being.

That's something I live by, as should everybody on the planet. My gripe is with Christians that feel it's more important to say I'm going to hellbecause I don't follow their beliefs--although I am a really good person--than to appreciate me as a truly good person. Perhaps an even more genuinely goodperson than they are because I'm not being good out of a "fear of God" and the punishments, but out of a true desire to be a good person.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

That's something I live by, as should everybody on the planet. My gripe is with Christians that feel it's more important to say I'm going to hell because I don't follow their beliefs--although I am a really good person--than to appreciate me as a truly good person. Perhaps an even more genuinely good person than they are because I'm not being good out of a "fear of God" and the punishments, but out of a true desire to be a good person.
I've always used that to tell the difference between the idiots and a good Christian.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

That's something I live by, as should everybody on the planet. My gripe is with Christians that feel it's more important to say I'm going to hell because I don't follow their beliefs--although I am a really good person--than to appreciate me as a truly good person. Perhaps an even more genuinely good person than they are because I'm not being good out of a "fear of God" and the punishments, but out of a true desire to be a good person.
pimp.gif

Being a good person has nothing to do with you religious beliefs. One of my good friends said some old lady asked him if he believed in God and he when he saidno she asked him how he knew right from wrong. He stonefaced her for a good 5 minutes.

Stupidity, hypocrisy and self-righteousness FTL

Even today, somebody was telling me how I'm going to hell because I'm not a Christian... as she yelled at me, threatened me, laughed at my misfortunesfor the day, and displayed a good 4-5 of the seven deadly sins. I mean, she's a "devout" Christian, and that's how she carried herself.Perhaps I'm only coming into contact with the bad ones when the topic arises, but if that's how "good Christians" are, I want no part in it.

Contrarily, I come into contact with many good people throughout my days, too--many of which I'm sure are very religious--but the topic rarely, if ever,comes up. We just behave as good people, appreciate the efforts, and keep it moving. I don't care what motivates you to be a good person, really, just thatyou are good at all. I don't think that's too much to ask for. Being a bad, evil person--as the "good Christian" I spoke to today claims tobe--is supposed to be a criteria that gets you into hell, isn't it? Obviously, the fear of God isn't enough to keep some of them acting well.Meanwhile, I'm doing it off of my own will. Thus, I don't view religion as bad, but rather as unnecessary. That is, religion isn't needed for theutility it is said to trigger, but if it's what it takes for some people to be truly good people, then I'm all for it.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Lost apostles and gospels
Editing and hiding texts to push racist and misogynistic propaganda
Inconsistencies in eye-witness accounts

Apparently they did Mary Magdaline dirty....I feel like they read her gospel and was like nah she good, let's just make her a *@$@$ and keep it moving. We all know women can't be religious leaders, they made Adam eat the fruit.
I knew about the first two. The third was assumed. It's the reason Mormons have different books in it along with other Christian sects.

I'm not surprised but it's good to know some of the truth is coming to light. It's pretty hard to find a bible with all of the books in itunedited.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Lost apostles and gospels
Editing and hiding texts to push racist and misogynistic propaganda
Inconsistencies in eye-witness accounts

Apparently they did Mary Magdaline dirty....I feel like they read her gospel and was like nah she good, let's just make her a *@$@$ and keep it moving. We all know women can't be religious leaders, they made Adam eat the fruit.
I knew about the first two. The third was assumed. It's the reason Mormons have different books in it along with other Christian sects.

I'm not surprised but it's good to know some of the truth is coming to light. It's pretty hard to find a bible with all of the books in it unedited.

Well here's the thing, the bible isn't a "Random" collection of texts and gospels. A bible with all the books written by various "HolyMen" concerning Jesus Christ would literally be 10 times as long. Some of these religious leaders gospel's never saw the light of day because theirteaching threatened the social or political make-up of the times.....eg. there is a lot of evidence that Mary Madgeline was NOT a prostitute but a Holy Womanand religious leader with a following.

Mormonism is a great modern example of what essentially created different sects and divergent beliefs within the greater Judeo-christian religion. I alwayslaugh at people who say mormonism is ridiculous. Many apostles and wise-men tried to create their own version of Christianity but didn't get enough of afollowing or saw some resistance from established social and political institutions. If you can get enough people to follow and believe, a new religion willsee the light of day no matter how ridiculous it seems to outsiders.

So what exactly is the point of this thread? are you just giving us a heads up on some quality programming or wanting to carry on a discussion on religion?

Originally Posted by Cz7

So what exactly is the point of this thread? are you just giving us a heads up on some quality programming or wanting to carry on a discussion on religion?

This is NT. Anything goes. They still had some programming on about this stuff a little while ago. I changed the channel to watch the Giants/******** game,though.

Originally Posted by Cz7

The point of this thread is whatever you want it to be bro.

yall trip me out with your interpretation of what confession is about. bottom line, God will judge you when you die. the priest is only here in the physical tooffer guidance to help you from committing that sin again. all the confessions ive been to, the priest pretty much says "pray and ask God for forgivenessand your sins will be absolved". no matter what religion you believe in, i think we can all agree it's hard to live a sin free life. i just hope Godjudges me on my overall body of work. i think best way we can all make it through this life is to love each other unconditionally and not judge each other

Originally Posted by Cz7

I want the point of this thread to be about grilled cheese sammiches. Those things rock!

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by Cz7

I want the point of this thread to be about grilled cheese sammiches. Those things rock!

Forget grilled cheese sandwiches, my mom came through from the ATL with bread from Golden Corral. If they served those at communion I would reconvert toCatholicism. CRACK!!
eek.gif

So much food and no gym membership on vacation FTL.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

I'm not religious at all, and frankly resent the Catholic Church, but I'd love to see Discovery have the stones to air a similar special about Islam. Christianity is just an easy target nowadays.
Catholicism is a sect of Christianity, I never understood the sharp line of demarcation between them and every other Christian group.

They're just a little more ritualistic and they emphasize hell a lot more. If you're Catholic and you're doing something remotely enjoyable chances are it's sending you to hell.

Basically 99.9 percent of NT is going to hell for fapping.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Hmm....according to discovery Pontius Pilate showed no mercy to Jesus contrary to what the bible says, he had no reason to. According to the bible PontiusPilate was reluctant to crucify him and Pontius Pilate says his blood is on the hands to the Jews. If true this is very significant for obvious reasons....itmeans whoever did the final edits on the bible went hard to portray the Jews as fully responsible for the death of Jesus Christ.

THE PLOT THICKENS

Hmm....according to discovery Pontius Pilate showed no mercy to Jesus contrary to what the bible says, he had no reason to. According to the bible Pontius Pilate was reluctant to crucify him and Pontius Pilate says his blood is on the hands to the Jews. If true this is very significant for obvious reasons....it means whoever did the final edits on the bible went hard to portray the Jews as fully responsible for the death of Jesus Christ.

THE PLOT THICKENS
I've heard that and that he didn't want to execute Jesus for political reasons. Of course the only person that really knows has been deadfor about 2000 years
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom