Dissecting The Foamposite 1 "Electrolime"

i like what the OP is doing I can see what my shoes are made out of. I wonder whats his reasoning behind it?

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

for the people who say they dont see the point, he dissected it so you wouldnt have to.

Dudes acting like he took their pair and cut it up lol... 
Guys gotta understand if a shoe is coming out of Sportswear as a retro (including the Zoom Rookie) they aren't regarded as performance kicks so tech will be gutted as compared to original releases.

This does not include the Penny V which will be regarded as a performance shoe. I think if they had to do the Zoom Rookie over they'd improve the Zoom set up. 

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

if that's a size 12....i'll take those clear soles that you no longer need 
grin.gif

nerd.gif

Thinking the same thing as I viewed pics. My OG Royals need a sole transplant.
ogroyaols.jpg

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Good job op. looks like full length zoom double stacked in the heel. Didn't know they were double stacking the heel in the more recent foams. Good to know they aren't skimping. Now why didn't they just do that for the "zoom" rookies?
Zoom rookies need double stack full length....they're terrible, ESPECIALLY in the forefoot area 
sick.gif
they sell "full length" zoom air insoles on ebay for $20. One of my best investments as far as shoes are concerned.
yea i have two sets of those zoom insoles already but then i'd have to buy my shoes almost a whole size bigger to fit them underneath an insole since they're too slippery to wear solely as an insole.
I bought the GITD's and would've needed to buy a 13.5 in them to be able to put a zoom insole in those. I just can't buy newly released shoes anticipating that i'll need to add my own cushioning to them 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by jzza4

if that's a size 12....i'll take those clear soles that you no longer need 
grin.gif

nerd.gif

Thinking the same thing as I viewed pics. My OG Royals need a sole transplant.
ogroyaols.jpg

As heartbreaking as this is... this is a PERFECT "LOL WUT" pic.
nerd.gif
Anyone up for the job (pause)?

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

for the people who say they dont see the point, he dissected it so you wouldnt have to.

Guys gotta understand if a shoe is coming out of Sportswear as a retro (including the Zoom Rookie) they aren't regarded as performance kicks so tech will be gutted as compared to original releases.

This does not include the Penny V which will be regarded as a performance shoe. I think if they had to do the Zoom Rookie over they'd improve the Zoom set up. 
Rock, what's your stance on them gutting the retro product yet charging more than the OGs?

do more of these threads! it is actually interesting to see the shoe dissected like this.

even if your trolling people its still cool to see these and the concords dissected

Originally Posted by heatking

do more of these threads! it is actually interesting to see the shoe dissected like this.

even if your trolling people its still cool to see these and the concords dissected

I'd prefer him to ship them to me if he doesn't want them lol. But nahh it's good to see what we are really paying for.

was i the only one who thought the double stacked zoom was originally full length? on the newer releases i expected there to at least be in the heel AND forefoot

Originally Posted by vood99

Rock, what's your stance on them gutting the retro product yet charging more than the OGs?

Im the wrong person to ask Vood... Ive always been a businessman. If there are going to be people to buy the same product  gutted knowing its not a performance product then I will sell that bish til I cant sell anymore.
Thats just good business.  Now if I sold that product as a performance item and gutted it knowing folks will use it for serious play thats just wrong... but Nike Basketball is chief operator for that.  Sportswear just dabbles.. hence the Penny V

The sneaker dude in me would just say its messed up....but I always look at it from a business standpoint because I know people have the option NOT to buy it.

Originally Posted by vood99

Im the wrong person to ask Vood... Ive always been a businessman. If there are going to be people to buy the same product  gutted knowing its not a performance product then I will sell that bish til I cant sell anymore.
Thats just good business.  Now if I sold that product as a performance item and gutted it knowing folks will use it for serious play thats just wrong... but Nike Basketball is chief operator for that.  Sportswear just dabbles.. hence the Penny V

The sneaker dude in me would just say its messed up....but I always look at it from a business standpoint because I know people have the option NOT to buy it.
I feel you Rock and thanks for the reply. I'm not in the industry so I tend to favour your view of the 'sneaker dude' whereby it's flat out wrong to be stripping away at at a shoe so much that it only represents its OG by name only. 

Pretty sure Nike stopped using real carbon fiber awhile ago to save money...

They use TPU shank plates now...

I dont think thats real carbon fibre nike is using otherwise it wouldnt flex that way with the amount of force shown by his hands. As long as the shoes are selling nike can put whatever price they want even if it dosnt justify the product. 

Back
Top Bottom