Do NOT link to videos or sites containing profanity.

The "O yea a brother got vocab" gets me everytime
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theDEEK

*subbed*

laugh.gif
Dude is real for sure. That end part was truth

**** youtube for rejecting my partner applications
laugh.gif
you really shouldn't apply.

they'll approach you.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by theDEEK

*subbed*

laugh.gif
Dude is real for sure. That end part was truth

**** youtube for rejecting my partner applications
laugh.gif
you really shouldn't apply.

they'll approach you.

They did, then rejected it. I was filled with copywritten stuff though all good.
laugh.gif

They definitely wont take it down, cause people like us will go to our friends and be like "Yo, check out what this dude said about Youtube...ONYOUTUBE!" and even more people than Chi's followers will see it. CC definitely appreciated. His White Business Exec. voice is friggin hilarious.
laugh.gif

why is this a big deall

i like chi city and all but i dont understand why anyone would care

this isent a big deal to me this seems like a knitch thing

and yeah like dude above me said Youtube a business they in it to make money

also youtube is a private entity that means they can censor whatever videos they want there is no freedom on speech or first admendment right on youtube

but all it all its good to see that Chi has a handel on the situation even though i doubt anyone outside of a select few care

HAHA!
ChiCity is a funny 'persona'---and was alot "realler" back when he had a few subs.
He is using those same methods that he talks about in the video; in the video!!..i wish i hadnt watched it....ijust made someone (YouTube) some money...

You really think he didnt go to YouTube and was like "can i make this video about how you all suck blah blah and make people feel so and so...?"

$

Originally Posted by MHT214

HAHA!
ChiCity is a funny 'persona'---and was alot "realler" back when he had a few subs.
He is using those same methods that he talks about in the video; in the video!!..i wish i hadnt watched it....i just made someone (YouTube) some money...

You really think he didnt go to YouTube and was like "can i make this video about how you all suck blah blah and make people feel so and so...?"

$
yep. the exact thing he is "demonizing" in this video is what he's doing right now. getting subs, views, and comments like a mutha

Originally Posted by MHT214

HAHA!
He is using those same methods that he talks about in the video; in the video!!..i wish i hadnt watched it....i just made someone (YouTube) some money...

$
indifferent.gif

Smart dude.

I personally believe Google is purposefully keeping Youtube unprofitable for the time being so that they have an excuse to completely restructure the pricingand posting system of the website.

Youtube could easily make changes to bring in billions in revenue instead of losing hundreds of millions.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Smart dude.

I personally believe Google is purposefully keeping Youtube unprofitable for the time being so that they have an excuse to completely restructure the pricing and posting system of the website.

Youtube could easily make changes to bring in billions in revenue instead of losing hundreds of millions.
how would they make money? that has been a long debate. what are their options? who wants to see ads in videos? who is willing to pay to post? but i'm pretty sure companies pay them to put their content on front page.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NLoc

ok so a company wants to make money...whats wrong with that

Thats the point...Youtbue is not making money.

Its losing money.

Since its launch in 2005 YouTube became one of the most popular web contents, reflecting the enormous growth in its popularity, visited and watched by millions of viewers every day. A recent report by eMarketer showed that while revenues of YouTube may be significant they still do not cover the company's expenses.

According to Nielsen Online, YouTube was the fifth-most-popular Web brand in the US, with over 83 million unique visitors in February.

Credit Suisse estimates that 41% of all US video streams will go through YouTube in 2009, and the site will see 375 million unique viewers worldwide.

But if you thought that time spent and a high usage rate would equate to big business for the video giant, you would be mistaken.

Several sources in the market research community have estimated YouTube's revenues (for 2008 or 2009, as noted):

• Jefferies & Co., 2009: $500 million
• Bear Stearns, 2008: $90 million
• Screen Digest, 2009: $120 million
• Forbes, 2009: $350 million
• Morgan Stanley, 2008: $75 million to $189 million
• Credit Suisse, 2009: $240 million

While significant, and wildly varied, those revenues are dwarfed by the cost of running the site.

According to Multichannel News, Credit Suisse analysts project that YouTube bandwidth costs, content licensing agreements, hardware needs and other expenses will reach over $700 million in 2009.

In fact, bandwidth and content licensing agreements, costs that cannot be easily allayed, will account for 87% of total expenses.

"In our view," said the analysts, "the issue for YouTube going forward is to increase the percentage of its videos that can be monetized (likely through more deals with content companies) and to drive more advertiser demand through standardization of ad formats and improved ad effectiveness."

In layman's terms, that means fewer sneezing pandas and more slick production.

Back
Top Bottom