Do smokers deserve (multiple) smoke breaks at work?

Most any of you who have worked in a professional setting have probably witnessed that fellow employees are able to take breaks just because they're smokers.

A lot of this boils down to the work culture but I don't see why those who willingly pollute their bodies get rewarded with multiple breaks a day.

Thoughts?

Hell no. If you got newport shorts thats like 5-8 min unless you suckin it like a chicken wang
If you got the hundred- you might as well take half a lunch break in my book

Last edited:
Depends on the job but they shouldn't get special exceptions.

I will say the smell probably bothers me more than anything tho. :x

I'm not bothered by it much but I do think it shouldn't be allowed. It's just the way it is though, doubt it'll ever change.
Smoking isn't much different from coffee. Both take a few minutes and both are addictive substances (nicotine and caffeine).
Not sure why smoking gets a pass when it's much worse than coffee for health. It could also be argued that coffee is more stimulating than a cigarette break.

Last edited:
...if the establishment doesn't wish for workers to get mowed down with a carbine assault rifle, it's deeper than cigarettes.

have you ever worked with someone who hasn't had a smoke break ? they are on edge and can be a pain in the *** to work with, if they haven't gotten their fix...if they do it during some down or something I'm all for it...

if its too frequent or they use it as an excuse to stay away and not work, thats another story...

No way, why should they work 30 mins less than me every day.

Nothing like coffee - which can be consumed while working.

Its weird as hell to me wen u start a job and u don't really know anyone.

then u may go outside and see people smoking cigs and u just like

"So this is who smokes weed " 8)

No way, why should they work 30 mins less than me every day.

Nothing like coffee - which can be consumed while working.
Depends on what kind of job. In most cases you have to use the coffee machine, wait for the coffee to cool down a bit and then drink it.
When I worked at the hospital as a nurse we definitely didn't have time to grab some coffee outside of our break times. Meanwhile smokers can take a bunch of breaks though.

Last edited:
For salaried position, I feel it really doesn't matter, as long as they get their work done.

Hourly, I'm doesn't really bothered by it, but no, they don't "deserved" it at all.

But I worked with a lot of smokers that used to take shorter lunches or scheduled breaks to make up for it though

I don't care enough about the matter to be "that guy", just thought of a topic to discuss outside of the usual Jay Z vs. Nas, NY vs. LA ect..

I go to work to work. I don't care if my boy is smoking out back or someone I hate is smoking out back. I'm doing my own thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom