Do you ever give strangers a ride?

Ive been presented with situations where I could have many times but never have. Its always someone who seems "off" or not sincere. Just the other day the girl was talking me up about my car (240sx) and pointed to a Honda nearby citing it as hers saying she paid $1200 for it. She asked me some questions about my car and she wraps it up, when she gets ready to walk away she says something like "Oh well..I guess I'll be walking to the really far bus stop now.." I just said oh aight and kept it moving
indifferent.gif
. Another time this dude asked me if I was waiting for the bus and asked if I needed a ride while constantly staring at the shoes? I declined. Isn't there some place in San Fran where its common place to pick up hitch hikers? I thought I remember someone on here talking about that.

To clarify the girl wasn't attractive at all and in fact looked like she was dealing with some high explosives.

This is a no brainer. Reminds me of that time some crackhead asked me if he could sit in my car to order something to eat
while I rolled through drivethru at BK because the dining area was closed.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

This is a no brainer. Reminds me of that time some crackhead asked me if he could sit in my car to order something to eat
while I rolled through drivethru at BK because the dining area was closed.
laugh.gif
wth

Nope. I don't know or trust them.

You hear too many stories of pple getting jacked and killed then thrown on the side of the highway.

Originally Posted by Black Racer X

My Dad was telling me when he was a little kid it was nothing to get a ride from a stranger
and have sex without a condom
times change, eff that

in berkeley there is a carpool thing in the morning where you get dropped off in SF downtown so they dont have to pay the toll to cross the bridge

I used to pick up carpoolers at designated spots to cross the bay bridge for free.

Originally Posted by lanev0

in berkeley there is a carpool thing in the morning where you get dropped off in SF downtown so they dont have to pay the toll to cross the bridge

That's what it was, thanks.

Originally Posted by lanev0

they have park and rides here which is the most i will do cuz usually its more than one person riding along so you can get in the HOV lane

a couple times actually, but one was very memorable...

i was going to my then-girls, who lived in the hood. i was about to turn on to her street when i saw some dude walking through the snow waving frantically so i pulled over and rolled (yes, rolled... 1990 crx
pimp.gif
) the window down. the kids face was all messed up and he said he just got jumped and some dudes beat him up and took his sneakers, but some guy was nice enough to give him a pair. when i looked at his sneakers they didn't look like they went with the outfit he had on at all, nor were they as depleted as the rest of his gear (you could tell he really got jumped). i was still hesitant, so i told him to lift his shirt so i could see if he had a gun on him or something, this dude lifted his shirt and was about to drop his damn drawers he was so desperate. while this was going on i spotted a lesbian couple i knew walking down the street, one of them i never really spoke to but the other is pretty damn gangsta. i asked her opinion and she said as long as i had a weapon i should be a good samaritan about it. i had a knife on me so i agreed, and told the kid to get in. i unfolded the knife and kept in my right hand on the shifter, and told him if he made any suspect moves i was going straight for his neck. but the dude kept swearing he just needed a ride. i asked him where he was from, and this is where it got REALLY weird. he said he was from chicago but kept getting in trouble over there and they determined that he was a little nuts so they sent him to boston (where his aunt lives) and they wanted to keep him in the carney hospital under observation.. so i asked him why he wasn't in the hospital and he told me this: "man i just got up and ran outta there, i couldn't stand it! they be trying to give me mad pills but i dont be taking any of that #+%$!" i decided then that this escapade was over, i dropped him at a train station and told him to tell the people that he got jumped and they'll help him. never saw him again.. sometimes i wonder whatever happened to that young man.

Today this dude who lives across the street from me...he was walking home from school in the cold without a jacket so I scooped him up and gave him a ride.

Only done it once. It was gameday at my school and this kid was drunk and came up to me at a gas station asking for a ride up the street to his house, said he'd pay me 20 dollars. Usually I say no, but he seemed sincere and my friend was with me so I felt safer. No problems and he actually paid me the money too.

Don't think I'd make a habit of it.

NEVER...ok once on campus..but the girl happened to be in my class and she and her boyfriend were drunk as hell.

Back
Top Bottom