Do you guys feel Jordan is trying to get back to OG quality we were all wishing for?

my opinion is that JB intentionally made subpar sneakers just to create a premio line.As for your answer NO but things are looking better.

I dont know nt? Ah na bro, i KNOW nt. I been getting on here since 2000-2001. Don't let the post count fool you, got a new account cuz i dont remember the old one. Thats exactly why im saying, for 4+ years people have been gettin on here complaining about quality not being up to par with OGs. If its really that much of an issue, whats the point of even gettin on here. JB is not gonna magically start using OG material out the blue. No use in getting on here and bashing every retro that drops when they know its not gonna meet their standards.

I dont know nt? Ah na bro, i KNOW nt. I been getting on here since 2000-2001. Don't let the post count fool you, got a new account cuz i dont remember the old one. Thats exactly why im saying, for 4+ years people have been gettin on here complaining about quality not being up to par with OGs. If its really that much of an issue, whats the point of even gettin on here. JB is not gonna magically start using OG material out the blue. No use in getting on here and bashing every retro that drops when they know its not gonna meet their standards.

Maybe. My CDP XI Red are not comfortable at all and the patent leather cut is way better on the cool grey xi. On my shoes their a big difference on the patent leather.

Maybe. My CDP XI Red are not comfortable at all and the patent leather cut is way better on the cool grey xi. On my shoes their a big difference on the patent leather.

no they arent try'n . nike/jb is a billion dollar company if they cared about you they would have showed you by now. when they need you then you'll see a change. funny thing is they could spend maybe a dollar more and make a shoe that can last 20 years(they'v done it before).but jb dont got a problem lower'n quality n jack'n up the price. but instead of complain'n or being upset people rather justify JB's antics.smh why would they even think about improvement when there are fools that'll say "ill buy, no matter the quality."(still the dumbest think ive heard on nt). when ever i post about quality i ask, "what other aspect of your life would you except this treatment"(known price gouging/known subpar quality). but i never get an awnser, i wonder why?

all the materials are cheap, all of them. its just that, some cheap materials hold up for long periods of time. research why your suposed to recycle, you think pop bottles n plastic beer can holder are expensive to make. so the guys who come in n say the quality is great really dont know what they talk'n bout. not that i would expect them to say the quality is bad.

and as for the "dont like, dont buy" people, can you really not understand why that statement is so dumb, if the person you are talk'n to wants better quality out of the product. they have done their part, to not buy bad quality. but they need to advertise. just like nike, just without millions of dollars to do it. you ever heard of "word of mouth" do you watch commercials? do you see billboards when you drive? if one of those billboards said "dont drink and drive" would you say "thats right" and then tell your drunk brother not to drive. or would you say i "it mite save one person, but ever1s not gonna stop so they should just not advertise that?"

quality is a big deal, its actually more important than the shoes. but im just a "hater", so what do i know?

no they arent try'n . nike/jb is a billion dollar company if they cared about you they would have showed you by now. when they need you then you'll see a change. funny thing is they could spend maybe a dollar more and make a shoe that can last 20 years(they'v done it before).but jb dont got a problem lower'n quality n jack'n up the price. but instead of complain'n or being upset people rather justify JB's antics.smh why would they even think about improvement when there are fools that'll say "ill buy, no matter the quality."(still the dumbest think ive heard on nt). when ever i post about quality i ask, "what other aspect of your life would you except this treatment"(known price gouging/known subpar quality). but i never get an awnser, i wonder why?

all the materials are cheap, all of them. its just that, some cheap materials hold up for long periods of time. research why your suposed to recycle, you think pop bottles n plastic beer can holder are expensive to make. so the guys who come in n say the quality is great really dont know what they talk'n bout. not that i would expect them to say the quality is bad.

and as for the "dont like, dont buy" people, can you really not understand why that statement is so dumb, if the person you are talk'n to wants better quality out of the product. they have done their part, to not buy bad quality. but they need to advertise. just like nike, just without millions of dollars to do it. you ever heard of "word of mouth" do you watch commercials? do you see billboards when you drive? if one of those billboards said "dont drink and drive" would you say "thats right" and then tell your drunk brother not to drive. or would you say i "it mite save one person, but ever1s not gonna stop so they should just not advertise that?"

quality is a big deal, its actually more important than the shoes. but im just a "hater", so what do i know?

I don't think they are trying to improve the quality at all. Even if the shoes are horribly made (which most are currently) 99% of the people on this site will still buy them. So why should JB improve the quality if the poor quality still sells.

I don't think they are trying to improve the quality at all. Even if the shoes are horribly made (which most are currently) 99% of the people on this site will still buy them. So why should JB improve the quality if the poor quality still sells.

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

The whole Retro vs OG is gettin old. Theres obviously gonna be people who defend the OGs, most likely cuz they have the OGs, and all these people who gettin their pairs in retro form will always have to get on here and catch heat seeing things like "aw man, these retro are crappy, they look like a banana, the quality sucks, etc" I mean, how does a shoe really look like a banana? No ones gonna walk up to someone wearing a pair of 2011 Retro IIIs and say "damn the quality sucks on those" or "what the hell are those bananas on your feet?" But most likely they will compliment you. And as long as the shoe doesnt fall apart on me when i put it on, why complain about quality. And to the people saying were "brainwashed" just cuz we spend $160 on a pair of kicks dont have 3m, when the original did. LOL thats cuz having a shoe shines in that particular way obviously doesnt really mean much to us... has nothing to do with being brainwashed. I have plenty of OGs, lots of Retros. Ill admit i dont have the 3m Flint XIII anymore, but i got the 2010 retro. I do have the 03 Cement III, and i will be getting the 11 Cemenet III. If people dont wanna pay the obvious rising prices in JB products for the crappy stuff theyre putting out, then why even get on the Jordan threads to begin with?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The whole Retro vs OG is gettin old. Theres obviously gonna be people who defend the OGs, most likely cuz they have the OGs, and all these people who gettin their pairs in retro form will always have to get on here and catch heat seeing things like "aw man, these retro are crappy, they look like a banana, the quality sucks, etc" I mean, how does a shoe really look like a banana? No ones gonna walk up to someone wearing a pair of 2011 Retro IIIs and say "damn the quality sucks on those" or "what the hell are those bananas on your feet?" But most likely they will compliment you. And as long as the shoe doesnt fall apart on me when i put it on, why complain about quality. And to the people saying were "brainwashed" just cuz we spend $160 on a pair of kicks dont have 3m, when the original did. LOL thats cuz having a shoe shines in that particular way obviously doesnt really mean much to us... has nothing to do with being brainwashed. I have plenty of OGs, lots of Retros. Ill admit i dont have the 3m Flint XIII anymore, but i got the 2010 retro. I do have the 03 Cement III, and i will be getting the 11 Cemenet III. If people dont wanna pay the obvious rising prices in JB products for the crappy stuff theyre putting out, then why even get on the Jordan threads to begin with?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

they subtracted materials then raised the price. smh. the shape of the shoe looks like a banana. funny how you cant see that seeing how all og jordans are made to resemble something(animal paws, fighter pilots, cars etc.). you are right kno1is gonna say a new pair looks bad, but its just a shell. kno1s gonna say a crack'd pair has great craftmenship either. people complain about quality cuz it can be better and they use ogs as a reference to what they would like to see, their not saying they want ogs they want og like retros or at least great quality. were else would you allow some1 to do that to you in life?play a fool?

they subtracted materials then raised the price. smh. the shape of the shoe looks like a banana. funny how you cant see that seeing how all og jordans are made to resemble something(animal paws, fighter pilots, cars etc.). you are right kno1is gonna say a new pair looks bad, but its just a shell. kno1s gonna say a crack'd pair has great craftmenship either. people complain about quality cuz it can be better and they use ogs as a reference to what they would like to see, their not saying they want ogs they want og like retros or at least great quality. were else would you allow some1 to do that to you in life?play a fool?

Originally Posted by sthebest

^some guy on ebay had a toddler's size of the '88 white cement IIIs that you speak of.

I'm getting tired of everyone talking about OG quality. news flash people: NOTHING stays the same over time. look at old TV shows that either returned to TV or were made into movies. theyre always different, even if they star the same actors in the same roles. the same can be said about Jordan releases.

we should be glad that theyre even bringing out retros. and the quality over the past year has picked up DRAMATICALLY after the debacle of the crappy retro quality in 2007-2008. leather feels like real leather (on the XIIIs and from what ive, heard, the IIIs), the comfort is back, and JB is even going the extra mile by making special boxes. hell, I compared the shape of the 2010 Cool Greys to my 2001 Bred XIs and the shape of the shoe and cut of the patent leather is identical. The Playoff XIIIs look like a carbon copy of the OGs and people still find fault with them. Jordan Brand isnt the only company who doesnt make exact replicas of retros. Nike has altered just about every retro they have released in the past 3 years and you guys say nothing about them.

If you truly want OG quality, quit your yapping and go build a time machine to go back to the 80's and cop all the OGs you like. Or if that doesn't sound feasible, go buy New Balance and Reebok. the reason they make near perfect replicas of shoes is because they gross much less per year than Nike and always will.

Standing Ovation....

Originally Posted by sthebest

^some guy on ebay had a toddler's size of the '88 white cement IIIs that you speak of.

I'm getting tired of everyone talking about OG quality. news flash people: NOTHING stays the same over time. look at old TV shows that either returned to TV or were made into movies. theyre always different, even if they star the same actors in the same roles. the same can be said about Jordan releases.

we should be glad that theyre even bringing out retros. and the quality over the past year has picked up DRAMATICALLY after the debacle of the crappy retro quality in 2007-2008. leather feels like real leather (on the XIIIs and from what ive, heard, the IIIs), the comfort is back, and JB is even going the extra mile by making special boxes. hell, I compared the shape of the 2010 Cool Greys to my 2001 Bred XIs and the shape of the shoe and cut of the patent leather is identical. The Playoff XIIIs look like a carbon copy of the OGs and people still find fault with them. Jordan Brand isnt the only company who doesnt make exact replicas of retros. Nike has altered just about every retro they have released in the past 3 years and you guys say nothing about them.

If you truly want OG quality, quit your yapping and go build a time machine to go back to the 80's and cop all the OGs you like. Or if that doesn't sound feasible, go buy New Balance and Reebok. the reason they make near perfect replicas of shoes is because they gross much less per year than Nike and always will.

Standing Ovation....

the cool grey quality was alright i think, but i don't think it will ever get back to OG quality, to many ppl buying what they makin now, so they gonna do whatever is cheapest for them

the cool grey quality was alright i think, but i don't think it will ever get back to OG quality, to many ppl buying what they makin now, so they gonna do whatever is cheapest for them

^^^^ above you*ltothaj*wrong, all the og numeral jordans have good/great quality, that hasnt changed. aside from the comparison being completely off, studios dont scout the worst quality talent. lol there are hundreds maybe thousands of products that are the same quality or better that have been around years before jb. you apologist kill me, why cant they change for the better, if change has to happen. "nothing stays the same over time" lmao at defending a billion dollor conglomerate over poor quality, when it cost pennies to make the product. smh at you being upset at people complain'n about it.

^^^^ above you*ltothaj*wrong, all the og numeral jordans have good/great quality, that hasnt changed. aside from the comparison being completely off, studios dont scout the worst quality talent. lol there are hundreds maybe thousands of products that are the same quality or better that have been around years before jb. you apologist kill me, why cant they change for the better, if change has to happen. "nothing stays the same over time" lmao at defending a billion dollor conglomerate over poor quality, when it cost pennies to make the product. smh at you being upset at people complain'n about it.

Jesus.....ANOTHA one of these OG vs Nike Air vs JUMPMAN vs Retro threads????? I thought Mods started locking these up....

For the 100000's time...if you don't like...don't buy!!!! I don't understand why that concept is SOOOOO hard....the problem with all you JORDAN heads is you spend half your time crying like little kids...your NEVER gonna be happy cause your constantly living in the past...Jordan 2010 come out....them $*+%+ BRICKED at retail harder then fat dude doing a cannonball...but they are one of the most technologically advanced...well manufactured..performance sneakers in a LOOOOONG time...premium leather...awesome shoe...yea the window was a lil gimmicky but once you play/train/work out in them I 100% guarantee you'll get past the "window".....They were never even given a chance..and why???? Cause they don't have a number and they ain't an OG....

Now..when the 2011 drop they gonna brick out to....and why?!?!?!? Cause a lot of you kids are like sheep...you just follow the crowd...half you guys don't even know WHY you cop certain things other then that's what your peoples are copping...Straight sheep...Next time you wanna cry about OG %#!...try actually playing ball (which is what the intended purpose is/was) in ANY OG...then swap into just about any new production models...Lebrons, Kobes, Hyperfuse, 2010, You could even try the Alpha 1's (double stacked zoom..crazy)...then I'll listen to you CRY about quality.

(Goes back to the Lebron thread)

Jesus.....ANOTHA one of these OG vs Nike Air vs JUMPMAN vs Retro threads????? I thought Mods started locking these up....

For the 100000's time...if you don't like...don't buy!!!! I don't understand why that concept is SOOOOO hard....the problem with all you JORDAN heads is you spend half your time crying like little kids...your NEVER gonna be happy cause your constantly living in the past...Jordan 2010 come out....them $*+%+ BRICKED at retail harder then fat dude doing a cannonball...but they are one of the most technologically advanced...well manufactured..performance sneakers in a LOOOOONG time...premium leather...awesome shoe...yea the window was a lil gimmicky but once you play/train/work out in them I 100% guarantee you'll get past the "window".....They were never even given a chance..and why???? Cause they don't have a number and they ain't an OG....

Now..when the 2011 drop they gonna brick out to....and why?!?!?!? Cause a lot of you kids are like sheep...you just follow the crowd...half you guys don't even know WHY you cop certain things other then that's what your peoples are copping...Straight sheep...Next time you wanna cry about OG %#!...try actually playing ball (which is what the intended purpose is/was) in ANY OG...then swap into just about any new production models...Lebrons, Kobes, Hyperfuse, 2010, You could even try the Alpha 1's (double stacked zoom..crazy)...then I'll listen to you CRY about quality.

(Goes back to the Lebron thread)

Back
Top Bottom