Do you guys think Lil Wayne knows he lost it?

I mean its so obvious that I'm surprised no one has told him even politely, and before you get mad at me listen to his metaphors on a song like money on my mind, and then listen to them on megaman. It makes me feel disrespected by Wayne that he can just do that because he has to know his new metaphors suck.

I think he's just on cruise control, putting in minimal effort, since he knows he can put out anything, and it'll go Gold first week. Sorta like how Em took it easy for awhile.

henry-rowengartner.jpg

It's a game of chess bruh, sound like you think it's cleavage.

Naw, but serious, dude hasn't been the same since The Carter 3 mixtape. He came back somewhat on that No Ceiling mixtape. He's nowhere near what he was a few years ago.

A lot of listeners are very simple minded if they think what Lil' Wayne writes is clever. I could write you a whole 16 with similar weak lines.

"I win at life, Charlie Sheen"
"I get dough, call me a bakery"

Wow, amazing work. Come on, enough with these weak similes/metaphors and 'one two, buckle my shoe' rhyme schemes.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

A lot of listeners are very simple minded if they think what Lil' Wayne writes is clever. I could write you a whole 16 with similar weak lines.

Wow, amazing work. Come on, enough with these weak similes/metaphors and 'one two, buckle my shoe' rhyme schemes.
The whole YM crew pretty much raps like this, though.

Nicki + Drake = trash, too

Originally Posted by franchise3

Not a YM fan by any means, but I cannot agree on Drake being trash. Wayne list himself after C2, but will go down as the most highly overrated rapper in history.

Disagree with Drake but YM sucks.

When did Wayne ever have it. He's managed to be a huge pop star but that doesn't mean he's ever had it. He's the same overrated mediocre MC now as he was then. It's the fact that he never goes away that people consider him great. There was a time in life people consider Master P a pretty good rapper too because if you flood the market enough with your product people at some point are going to have to talk about you. But like dude said earlier in the thread Wayne has simple dumb %+$ one liners that are embarrassing. It's just that music has gotten so simple these days that people don't even care. They just want a hook and a beat, lyrics need not apply. 

Wayne has not lost it. He's been rapping the same exact way in essence since the Carter 2.

Only thing is, people are just tired of hearing the same metaphors and phrases and "Clever" verses that he's been spitting since then. It was hot at first because it was Kind of sort of new, the punchlines and all.

Now that time has caught up with him, and its 2011, he can't pull the scheme that he's been pulling over rap since C2.

I just find it amusing that Nicki and Drake raps the same way as Wayne, but people get disgusted with Wayne. It's like they are legit offended with the way Wayne raps, but you don't see these same people going into a Nicki or Drake thread shaking their heads.

He has better metaphors than that, tho lol

Originally Posted by flightman

The more he sucks, the more money he makes.

this is it in a nutshell. 
In hip-hop culture he fell off, gets critiqued, criticized, compared constantly.
In pop culture, he is the man. they worship him they give him their money. they let him live.

100% OF YMCMB IS STRAIGHT TRASH

not just wayne/nikki/drake lol

His verse on the "Hustle Hard Remix" made me feel like he's just giving these basic **% fans what they wanna hear...because he showed he's capable of making hot verses.

When he was on that

"And I'm dumpin my Scarlet O'Hara in the canal/cause I'm not gettin stopped with cop paraphenil'/now I'm preparing the L/Not preparing to fail/cause my flow is for real like the Sahara in Hell....

The subarbs/radio stations/people who generate money weren't trying to hear it. Hustler Musik (his hardest single to date) only reached 87 on the hot 100...Then Lollipop shot straight to number 1.

It's a shame, but obviously his current style is catering to the charts.

Little Wayne (aka the little snaggle toe nail) is to rap what hair metal bands were to rock...When you get older, you will look back & think what the ____ did I listen to that for?!?!?

*Sighs*

90% of NT'ers listen to conscious rap anyway. (Talib Kweli, Brother Ali, Mos Def & etc.)

When the Drought 3 dropped, he even said he had to "re-invent" himself. 

I admit myself, he has some gimmicky-corny rhymes. "Gucci-Gucci,Louie-Louie, Fendi-Fendi, Prada, my homies got that white girl, call it Lady Gaga"
eyes.gif

But who doesn't say corny rhymes today? Eminem? Jay? Ye? Ross? Drizzy? the list goes on....

I don't think Wayne has lost it, but I think his flow has jus' changed over the years, that's all. I will purchase C4 onMonday, cause I know Tune gon' have some bangers on there. You can't tell ya'll listened to this song off of "Sorry 4 The Wait" and tell me he ain't go silly on it...

Weezy's been dead since "I'm Me" from The Leak, The Carter 3 Sessions tape if you wanna do it by project.

...right now though, he's definitely turning in his grave

I just find it amusing that Nicki and Drake raps the same way as Wayne, but people get disgusted with Wayne. It's like they are legit offended with the way Wayne raps, but you don't see these same people going into a Nicki or Drake thread shaking their heads.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's so true. Nicki is the female Wayne with tourettes & schizophrenia. Drake is the slightly less irritating version of Wayne, who can sing somewhat. You can nearly describe each
member the same way, cause outside of Jae Millz and maybe Gudda Gudda, the whole squad is interchangeable. I would mention Birdman, but he can't rap. I've never seen a label with a bunch
of interchangeable generic members like YM. Even when State Property came out Jay-Z "stole Young Chris' flow", they all weren't rapping damb near like the next person.

DipsetGeneral wrote:
*Sighs*

90% of NT'ers listen to conscious rap anyway. (Talib Kweli, Brother Ali, Mos Def & etc.)

Based on the threads with the most pages, that is a completely false ridiculous statement. Most NTers seem to be listening to Lil' B, Lil' Wayne, Drake & Wiz Khalifa...then the next tier of
Jay-Z, Kanye, Em, Young Jeezy, and J.Cole. And doesn't Kreayshawn have like 30 threads dedicated to her and her 2 ugly friends?

Back
Top Bottom