Do you socialize with co-workers outside of work?

Some.

We go to happy hours after work.

da corporate happy hours :smokin

we don't meetup outside of work besides that.

There are jobs where socializing with coworkers, specifically after hours, is the best thing you can do for your career.

I don't know why but I had a hard time with this at my job. I hated working with corporate people and when I would drink with people for business, I just hated it because everyone was snobby and was on some sort of power trip. Now in retrospect at my new gig and having a little more seniority, it's not that bad. If you can stomach down the dull conversations of only sports talk, work talk, etc, you come out with usually free drinks and even a nice meal. Thank god for corporate cards.

At my current job it's too much gossip/ office politics so I keep it friendly ...but don't let em know too much about me outside work n I don't hang out after work ...everybody at my jobs thinks I'm quiet, and I like it that way :lol:

Working at a startup you have to...

This coming Friday we have a half day, boss rented out the Lucky Strike (with open bar) and then bought tix to the Angels game.

One of the main reasons they brought me on was because I was the right fit.

other than some happy hours, i don't really hang out with my co workers, especially chicks cuz i know they talk.

Working at a startup you have to...

This coming Friday we have a half day, boss rented out the Lucky Strike (with open bar) and then bought tix to the Angels game.

One of the main reasons they brought me on was because I was the right fit.
This is why I like the startup environment, especially when it's not so PC.

That sounds awesome though. Bowling + brews + baseball.

Met my lady at work when she used to work there. One of my boys works with me. That's about it. Too many nosy and blabbermouths to go beyond that. Management is cool though.

Work sets up some work outings. Last time we did Dave and Busters, they hooked it up with free food + drinks + 50$ worth on game cards for all workers. There was a baby shower before that for one of the co-workers, but I didn't go to that. Bowling next, I'll try and go. I don't hang out with co-workers other than that. Some are a lot older, some are a little too square

yes but not on a level of my close friends. 

more casual...go grab a drink occasionally type friends. 

Casually.

I don't like my coworkers knowing too much about me.. Keep most of them in the dark.

One chick I work with managed to slip through the cracks though, have a lot in common.

Still do 85% of our talking at work.

Nope. Like many have said already in this thread. Too many people gossip and what not
mean.gif
yessir--I will admit im missing out on networking though...ehh maybe I should open up more...

Last edited:
The chicks I sleep with yea, cant help but hang out with them outside of work.   As for the fellas, a few of us go ball once a week or so.  Guess that counts.  Other than that, I see no reason to be chillen with folks outside of work Lol.

I never offer any personal information and I'm not overtly friendly but strangely my coworkers feel comfortable confessing secrets to me :lol:

This seemingly square nerdy chick with two kids recently confessed she used to be a dominatrix who traveled around the world doing some sick **** :wow: I wouldn't have believed her but her website is still active :nerd:

I never offer any personal information and I'm not overtly friendly but strangely my coworkers feel comfortable confessing secrets to me :lol:

This seemingly square nerdy chick with two kids recently confessed she used to be a dominatrix who traveled around the world doing some sick **** :wow: I wouldn't have believed her but her website is still active :nerd:

:nerd: :nerd:

no. it's really just a group of workers that hang out the bar everyday. don't know how they do it.

Back
Top Bottom