Does a rapper's inability to put on a good live show change your opinion of him?

Jay is the stiffest live performer ever (Em is stiff in a weirder more spastic but equally wack way if that makes sense) but he has so many explosions, light shows, and bad +%@%+#$ dancing around in the back ground and bill clinton might come out and play sax while gettin topped off, so i cant even hate on his live performances.

but jays shows do make me wonder why the greatest rapper ever has zero rhythm.

I've never seen any of my favorite artists on the stage. But no, I don't think a live show would change my opinion on the rapper being that its not an element I greatly considered. I would judge a rapper on other things such as lyrical content. But like mentioned above, it would make me question their passion for the art.

I've never seen any of my favorite artists on the stage. But no, I don't think a live show would change my opinion on the rapper being that its not an element I greatly considered. I would judge a rapper on other things such as lyrical content. But like mentioned above, it would make me question their passion for the art.

You guys are crazy. Jay's shows are amazing. The clarity of his flows are unmatched. I was actually referring to Nas. You can talk about thinking Jay doesnt have rhythm all you want. But at least he doesnt stand up on stage silent, dumbfounded, with no clue what the words of his most famous songs are. If you think Jay doesnt put on a good show, you are nuts.

You guys are crazy. Jay's shows are amazing. The clarity of his flows are unmatched. I was actually referring to Nas. You can talk about thinking Jay doesnt have rhythm all you want. But at least he doesnt stand up on stage silent, dumbfounded, with no clue what the words of his most famous songs are. If you think Jay doesnt put on a good show, you are nuts.

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

Its like having a bad chick whos sex game is wack...So yes!

sex is like pizza; when its good, its really good. when its bad, its still pretty good

just a good tweet i saw a couple days ago.

however

i've never been to a rap concert, but i've seen some performances live at music festivals, and, from what i've seen on tv/youtube, a lot of these rap performances are dudes screaming and gasping for air, and they don't sound remotely like they do on studio recordings. so imo, rap performances tend to suck, and it doesn't affect my view on the artist.

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

Its like having a bad chick whos sex game is wack...So yes!

sex is like pizza; when its good, its really good. when its bad, its still pretty good

just a good tweet i saw a couple days ago.

however

i've never been to a rap concert, but i've seen some performances live at music festivals, and, from what i've seen on tv/youtube, a lot of these rap performances are dudes screaming and gasping for air, and they don't sound remotely like they do on studio recordings. so imo, rap performances tend to suck, and it doesn't affect my view on the artist.

Originally Posted by dland24

roll.gif

that's even funnier that you were talking about nas. and for the record, i enjoyed myself at jay's show in baltimore in the fall of 2009.

Originally Posted by dland24

roll.gif

that's even funnier that you were talking about nas. and for the record, i enjoyed myself at jay's show in baltimore in the fall of 2009.

i saw nas, and he put on a pretty damn good show

anyway, i think live performances are really important in my view of an artist

i saw nas, and he put on a pretty damn good show

anyway, i think live performances are really important in my view of an artist

I saw Jay's concert at 1st Mariner as well in 2009 in Baltimore...great show and he is probably one of the only rappers who can rock an arena.

I've seen Nas numerous times and he always kills it...great crowd interaction and all that.

Kanye shut it down...

Drake was a little weak...it was like he was acting more than performing.  Go figure.

Fabolous is horrible...dude has no stage presence.

The Roots are probably one of the best bands you will ever see.

Lupe put on a great show as well.

Jim Jones is trash.

I saw Jay's concert at 1st Mariner as well in 2009 in Baltimore...great show and he is probably one of the only rappers who can rock an arena.

I've seen Nas numerous times and he always kills it...great crowd interaction and all that.

Kanye shut it down...

Drake was a little weak...it was like he was acting more than performing.  Go figure.

Fabolous is horrible...dude has no stage presence.

The Roots are probably one of the best bands you will ever see.

Lupe put on a great show as well.

Jim Jones is trash.

If an artist is passionate on his records than his show doesn't mean anything to me especially since im not gonna go watch him 5 times or more a year. Plus the CD is clear and sounds better no matter what compared to concert speakers. Although I must say that after going to a Wale concert(pre-Maybach Music) I have more respect for him as an artist because I seen the passion behind his lyrics along with his love for performing and connecting with his fans.

If an artist is passionate on his records than his show doesn't mean anything to me especially since im not gonna go watch him 5 times or more a year. Plus the CD is clear and sounds better no matter what compared to concert speakers. Although I must say that after going to a Wale concert(pre-Maybach Music) I have more respect for him as an artist because I seen the passion behind his lyrics along with his love for performing and connecting with his fans.

I've seen Nas 3 times and I thought he was solid. I'm a big Blu fan but when I saw him perform in SF, he was
sick.gif
. Dude was way to baked and just out of it.
laugh.gif
So I guess I lose a little bit of respect for the artist if they are horrible live, but that doesn't mean I am going to stop listening to them or anything like that.

I've seen Nas 3 times and I thought he was solid. I'm a big Blu fan but when I saw him perform in SF, he was
sick.gif
. Dude was way to baked and just out of it.
laugh.gif
So I guess I lose a little bit of respect for the artist if they are horrible live, but that doesn't mean I am going to stop listening to them or anything like that.

Ive seen Nas 4 times (+ watched the Coachella stream), and its the exact same thing everytime. Forgetting his words, stumbling from sentence to sentence, and long awkward pauses on stage where he looks uncomfortable. It honestly baffles me that you guys are saying he puts on a good show. I love his music as much as you all do. He just is downright awful at performing.

Im not saying this makes me not like Nas....I do. Its just that it definitely bumps him down substantially on my list of favorite rappers. You cant be a legend and forget the words to your best songs every time. You just cant.

Ive seen Nas 4 times (+ watched the Coachella stream), and its the exact same thing everytime. Forgetting his words, stumbling from sentence to sentence, and long awkward pauses on stage where he looks uncomfortable. It honestly baffles me that you guys are saying he puts on a good show. I love his music as much as you all do. He just is downright awful at performing.

Im not saying this makes me not like Nas....I do. Its just that it definitely bumps him down substantially on my list of favorite rappers. You cant be a legend and forget the words to your best songs every time. You just cant.

Back
Top Bottom