Originally Posted by mrgrapes85

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Retro23J

I still want to know how you can update God's word though
laugh.gif
Are you serious?

1. The bible was written by men

2. The bible has been updated countless times....books added and books deleted.
And I'm Christian.

Yeah, Men, that were ordained of god and called as prophets.

Word? Someone tells you he's a prophet and you just take his word for it? What about the 100s of other prophets and apostles who's gospels didn't make it to the bible?

laugh.gif
Are you serious?

And I'm Christian.

Word? Someone tells you he's a prophet and you just take his word for it? What about the 100s of other prophets and apostles who's gospels didn't make it to the bible?
They didn't have enough hype.  Next book to be added to the Bible...the Book of Gucci.

Gucci 3:16
And the Lord said, "I've got goons like a scary movie.  BURRRRRR!" and it was good.

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

That's why we have the restoration of the Gospel here on earth, that's why we have a modern day prophet, and 12 apostles, that's why we have the Book of Mormon!!!
indifferent.gif
wassup.

If you update it, it undermines its AUTHORITY. Faith and tradition are like salt and pepper. It would never stick and the whole religion would lose steam and dissolve.

What's the difference between updating the Bible and updating the 7 Deadly Sins as the Catholic Church did a few yrs ago? It's not like God sent the Pope a tweet telling him to alert the masses of the changes.

I think updating the Bible kind of undermines the whole purpose of the Bible, unless someone has a "revelation."

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

The bible was of course WRITTEN by men but your [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](you're)[/color] saying it as if it was thought up by men.
Not trying to change your opinion, but I do believe it is highly probable that the concept of god was created by man.
mad.gif
I hate when I see those grammar errors......good look. It's cool though I'm not changing anyone's opinion either but I'll defend my faith.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

I think updating the Bible kind of undermines the whole purpose of the Bible, unless someone has a "revelation."

Joseph Smith was spoken to by an angel and ended up writing the Book of Mormon. Who is to say that those writings and the entire Mormon church aren't valid as an "updated" bible? The text of the bible have been edited and updated before I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it happens again. Word to Buddy Christ.

Originally Posted by AusZero

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Joseph Smith was spoken to by an angel and ended up writing the Book of Mormon. Who is to say that those writings and the entire Mormon church aren't valid as an "updated" bible? The text of the bible have been edited and updated before I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it happens again. Word to Buddy Christ.
I was just about to bring this up....there have been many cult leaders claiming to be prophets over the years who have been dismissed as crazy people. Who's to say these teachings aren't as valid as those in the bible.

Maybe it should be updated to say god needs to stop innocent people from getting killed in earthquakes.

laugh.gif
Are you serious?

And I'm Christian.

They didn't have enough hype.  Next book to be added to the Bible...the Book of Gucci.

Gucci 3:16
And the Lord said, "I've got goons like a scary movie.  BURRRRRR!" and it was good.

Don't encourage this, you underestimate how much dudes love gucci.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom