Doing stuff DOLO?

Originally Posted by airblaster503

I really need to get my confidence up more so I can do this. All my friends in the town I live in are whipped and have turned into lames and I don't like having to drive 50 miles to hang out every weekend. My game has taken a hit lately, and I didn't have much to begin with. Plus I always feel mad awkward when I'm out alone, like I just want to get what I have to do done and get out asap
30t6p3b.gif
here's some dolo clubbing game for you....

Spoiler [+]
there's some things you gotta understad first, la fambilia...

first off... you are NOT going to get consistent yambs out the club... just cuz you go dolo, doesnt mean chicks will be fawning all over you... 

second, you need to know that you're ALONE... which means you DO NOT have the support of ya boys... any altercation that rises, get away from it cuz there arent alot of guys in the club BY THEMSELVES like you are.

next, you need to take any DAMBS that you have and leave them on the kitchen table. psych yourself up if you have to... just understand that you looking good, you smell good, and even though YOU might not see any women looking at you, PLEASE BELIEVE that they are peeping you in some form or fashion. on the way to the club or any social event dolo, i like to jam BASEDGOD or a Tariq Nasheed lecture...

embarrassment is going to happen, but you have to put in perspective that you arent w/ your boys, so no one is really going to clown you, or even notice that you get shut down... its hard, b/c you think all eyes on are on you, and being there w/ your friends sort of alleviates that pressure... but the less people you with, the less attention you garner from the MASSES... so you can really try stuff, and if it dont work, move down 5 feet and try something else.

that awkward moment when you dont have anything to look at, anymore swag gestures to do (like sip your drink, or switch your stance) RELISH in it... use it as a time to move around or go to the bathroom real quick.

when talking to chicks, it doesnt matter when you let them know you're dolo... as long as you let them know... "a few of my friends dipped out on me, but that's not going to stop me from having a good time" or "who yall came w/? oh yeah, just yall two? i came solo... why?... lol, naw, its not that i dont have any friends. i dont need a wingmen to take up my time with both of yall"

you gotta play it like that...

lastly, when you go in the club, dont HOLLA at every chick... speak to a few, ask them how they're doing, tell them you're gonna come back and talk to them, and dont do it... you'd be surprised how much your confidence skyrockets after you just speak to a few pretty girls...

AND STAY AWAY FROM THE ATTENTION HOORS

pimp.gif

I do a lot of stuff dolo these days since I moved out here to Colorado. I like to laugh and have a good time so it kinda sucks, but it never stops me from doing me.
Biggest lesson I've learned is just enjoy yourself and have an inviting presence about yourself. If you look like the type that might be cool peps someone may spot you and strike up some small talk. Just go with the flow...

So I think I might be driving from San Diego to Pittsburgh DOLO. Pray for me yall. My dad wants to fly out to Cali and drive back with me, but he doesnt know if he can get off work

Pittsburgh NorCal or Pittsburgh, PA?

OP im from SD too, let's kick it

I'm black btw....by relations :lol:

I can eat by myself (which some people refuse to do which I can't understand) but I can't go to the movies or do things like that by myself

I'm going to start doing things dolo as well.

I'm just tired of setting up plans with people and they:

- Get ready OD late
- Flake
- Complain/whine/have a negative attitude the whole time

No brag but when I go out dolo, I actually get more attention from females than when I'm out with my boys.

I do this all the time. Sometimes it's really peaceful being by yourself. And to the person who said you probably have a better chance meeting females on your own at a beach is 100% right. :pimp:

catch movies all the time by myself after work on Fridays. don't want to deal with all them kids so I'll catch an afternoon matinee, especially on opening days. caught Avengers and TDKR at like 2:30 at the theater near my office.

Lmao @ threadstarter.... Like seriously? Are you the type to ask if it's ok to buy a prostitute and introduce her to your mom?

I'm tryna decide if I should SKYDIVING for the first time alone. Not a lot of my friends want to do it, and the few that want to don't have the money for it (supposedly). It seems like a nice experience to have with some friends, but damn I don't wanna sit around waiting, my body is ready. What yall think NT?
I've been thinking about this same thing. Asked two of my boys over the weekend if they'd be down. One said maybe and the other said heck no, so I may just do it solo. I say you go for it.

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing TDKR alone.. That was actually my first time going to the movies by myself... I enjoyed the experience. :smile:

I do a lot of stuff dolo these days since I moved out here to Colorado. I like to laugh and have a good time so it kinda sucks, but it never stops me from doing me.

Biggest lesson I've learned is just enjoy yourself and have an inviting presence about yourself. If you look like the type that might be cool peps someone may spot you and strike up some small talk. Just go with the flow...

I do this all the time. Sometimes it's really peaceful being by yourself. And to the person who said you probably have a better chance meeting females on your own at a beach is 100% right. :pimp:

These two posts. Man :smokin describes me to a tee. Im from MI and went down to school in TN by myself. When I first got to college everybody was just chillin with ppl they already knew so that meant I was dolo for the first two weeks. I am now about to be a Junior at this school and I have a bigger network than most people. People ask me how I know so many ppl from different places/walks of life and it is because I dont judge them, I get to know them as a person. The only bad part is ppl who wanna hang all the time and dont realize youre a loner. You cant be scared to be embarrassed or fail guys, doing thins dolo makes you a better person imo bc the people who cant do things dolo then look for you to lead them.

The summer after my freshman year of college, I financed a trip for myself to San Fran and I can say that it was a top 5 decision I ever made. I shopped, stayed at a bed n breakfast joint for 4 days, and just explored that beautiful city. I said F it and I rode a bike across the golden gate bridge dolo, and that ride was really the first time in my mind that everything made sense; I like doing things dolo because my interests are much broader than the average person(ESPECIALLY the average black male) so what is fun to me would not be for someone else.

The only thing about being dolomite thats bad is that I have commitment anxiety. I see the bigger picture that I wanna be a bachelor in a large city after I graduate, and I am psyched out of commitments to girls. I havent quite grasped the whole relationship concept bc I am terrified of being handcuffed to some chick all the time yet Im tired of the old smash n dash. Thats the only thing I need to figure out still.

I just wanna say thanks for this post guys. Ive never needed reassurance but it feels good to know there are ppl like me out there :nthat:

This thread is seriously sad. And I'm going to be honest with you because all of this support for being abnormal is not helping your situation. There is NOTHING cool about being an introverted loner with no friends. There is nothing cool about doing dinner, movies, vacations or anything else by yourself. A cool word, i.e. DOLO, doesn't mask the emptiness of your life. If your friends always flake or are never there for you it's one of two things: i) THEY DON'T REALLY LIKE YOU ii) they're just bad people. Instead of looking to NT for embrace of your shortcomings, try looking in the mirror and change for the better. Start being more outgoing, go make some REAL friends, be positive, step away from the computer.

Last edited:
I'm going to start doing things dolo as well.
I'm just tired of setting up plans with people and they:
- Get ready OD late
- Flake
- Complain/whine/have a negative attitude the whole time
No brag but when I go out dolo, I actually get more attention from females than when I'm out with my boys.

lol. only cuz a pack of guys = all scaredy cats or suspects

what does DOLO stand for?

This thread is seriously sad. And I'm going to be honest with you because all of this support for being abnormal is not helping your situation. There is NOTHING cool about being an introverted loner with no friends. There is nothing cool about doing dinner, movies, vacations or anything else by yourself. A cool word, i.e. DOLO, doesn't mask the emptiness of your life. If your friends always flake or are never there for you it's one of two things: i) THEY DON'T REALLY LIKE YOU ii) they're just bad people. Instead of looking to NT for embrace of your shortcomings, try looking in the mirror and change for the better. Start being more outgoing, go make some REAL friends, be positive, step away from the computer.

I got tons of friends my dude, but I'm in a different city where I dont know many people (I'm from Pittsburgh, and I'm in San Diego) so how do you propose that I meet these people? And am I supposed to just sit in the crib bored until I meet said people? Naw bro, I dont need to be with others to justify myself having a good time. Of course there are things you do with friends, but why would I need to be in a movie theater with other people?

Also it is MUCH easier to pull yambs from the club is you're dolo, no girl is leaving with a group of dudes.

real life...

this dude...no one in this thread is talking about being cool... they obviously are stepping away from the computer if they are out there doing things alone... if you read the thread some dudes go out to get yambs and some go out and make new friends... some just enjoy the time alone... some live in a city where they just moved and know no one...

most i can ever do is hit a restaurant real quick and sit at the bar...

Back
Top Bottom