Dominican Republic to be 'Socially Cleaned' in today

Dude if the U.S. Closes off tourism to DR that country's economy will crumble :frown:

DR needs to be held accountable for this, but having family there...I know they don't live like kings as is, this would send them into very dark times....I wouldn't want that either...it will be incredibly sad to witness.

Dude if the U.S. Closes off tourism to DR that country's economy will crumble :frown:

DR needs to be held accountable for this, but having family there...I know they don't live like kings as is, this would send them into very dark times....I wouldn't want that either...it will be incredibly sad to witness.

I agree.

Who's going to do the crappy work that the Haitians were doing since the pay was real low? Will they increase pay?

This chick just tried to tell me that people trust Haitians because they do voodoo and bring people from the dead to work in their fields

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Voodoo is very real in Haiti bro. It's the most practiced "religion" amongst the poor (which is 80% - 90% of the population). Human sacrifices and all. And what she's talking about dead pepole to work on plantations is island folklore zombie slaves.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/08/the-mysterious-real-zombies-of-haiti/

"Perhaps the most well-known expedition to Haiti in search of zombies was that of the ethnobotanist, anthropologist, and explorer Wade Davis, who travelled to Haiti in 1982 to investigate the curious case of an alleged zombie by the name of Clairvius Narcisse. Narcisse had reportedly been turned into a zombie by his own brothers as punishment for refusing to sell his land, and was forced to do slave labor along with other zombies on a sugar plantation by a bokor in 1962. He then mindlessly toiled away on the plantation until the death of his bokor released him from servitude, after which he spent the following 16 years wandering the wilderness in the perpetual daze of a zombie."

Don't get how Dominicans proudly rep spanish blood

So proud to claim the people who raped your ancestors. :smh:

That's like Black people in the US running around claiming Irish/British/Welsh

DR still a third world cesspool that's not any better than Haiti.

Fools got the nerve to act all high and mighty

I always laugh when Hispanics who clearly have black blood in them want to be anything but black

Meanwhile when I was in Spain, they referred to y'all as negros that speak a basterdized version of Spanish. They don't claim you :lol:

Also Dominicans are not black. We are Hispanic. We come in different colors. Of course the light skin ones are more projedice than others like any other race. I wouldn't call my dark skin grandma or family members black.

Last edited:
DR still a third world cesspool that's not any better than Haiti.

Fools got the nerve to act all high and mighty

Bro, DR is no world leader, but they are better off financially than Haiti, tourism in DR is HUGE, not to mention the huge number of filthy rich Dominican born MLB players that invest back into their land...

Also Dominicans are not black. We are Hispanic. We come in different colors. Of course the light skin ones are more projedice than others like any other race. I wouldn't call my dark skin grandma or family members black.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know that feel bro. Us Nigerians are BRITISH. Direct descendants of Queen Victoria. And I will not settle for this "black" nonsense. Dont you see we speak English? The language of royalty!

"they just want their land back" is by far the stupidest and weakest justification for the way these people are behaving. You want to prove you're "better" and are a civilized country and culture? Do it diplomatically. Imagine if native americans decided to do this in America.

Don't get how Dominicans proudly rep spanish blood

So proud to claim the people who raped your ancestors. :smh:

That's like Black people in the US running around claiming Irish/British/Welsh

We don't have a choice ! lol that is where some of our ancestors came from, the same way we know we have African and Tiano blood as well. You want us to just rep African blood and that would make ya happy or something ? lol Dumbest argument people have about Dominicans i swear

So why everybody surprise, black are the most hated race on earth since the birth of the earth, nobody like us, when they come in U.S, these immigrants act like they wanted to be black because our culture is a symbol of america, but they don't like the color of your skin, your hair, your nose, etc. They all think they're superior to black. Hispanics living in U.S are not different, just hypocrite. Caucasian european descendant are evil, but they're less evil than these brown skin immigrants, history taught us about white evil acts against black, but arab slavery was 10x worse in term of cruelty, even today arabs are still deny it and doesn't care to recognize it. So why are we surprised that some brown skin people with inferior complex hate dark skin people. I stay far away from these brown skin immigrants, i don't shop in their store, i don't talk to them and i won't go in their countries as an tourist, plain and simple, if every black do the same, i bet you a hundred bucks they will get the message. 

I always laugh when Hispanics who clearly have black blood in them want to be anything but black

Meanwhile when I was in Spain, they referred to y'all as negros that speak a basterdized version of Spanish. They don't claim you
laugh.gif
This the problem i have with hispanics.

Us west indians (french & english) take our stock from europe, africa, asia, and the americas but we don't say we're not black, we say that we're all of those things. and thats the problem you guys have. You say you're acknowledging all of who you are when in reality you guys are acknowledging everything except the black part.

Last edited:
:rolleyes Since Ninja left I never thought I would have to say this again:

You can be black and Hispanic at the same damb time.

Dominican is not a race, it is a nationality

Only the wise know this. U can be white and Hispanic as well. But nobody wants to be black. I'm still confused why Rachel D. wants to be black. Had she not identified as black all of her personal info wouldn't be made public like it is now.

But I've heard about the issue of the Haitians being to the DR what Mexicans are to the U.S. never read into how bad it was or anything like that.

Meanwhile when I was in Spain, they referred to y'all as negros that speak a basterdized version of Spanish. They don't claim you :lol:

This is so true. Even if you Brown (like me), you're still a negro to them. I can't stand Spaniard accents with that stupid lisp :x

But I've heard about the issue of the Haitians being to the DR what Mexicans are to the U.S. never read into how bad it was or anything like that.

I was born and lived many years at different points of my life in Santo Domingo and this is what I always took from the immigration problem there. DR is already a third world country with so many ppl living in poverty. It's hard for citizens to get work let alone immigrants. Being that they can't get jobs many are forced into crime and prostitution. There are a handful of other things that come into play not just skin color, cause if that were the case half the country would be deported.

I also never understood NT's infatuation with what Dominicans choose to identify themselves as. My pop's skin is black and my mom's is white, they both consider themselves Dominican and not a color.

Either way this is a bad look for the country.

I was born and lived many years at different points of my life in Santo Domingo and this is what I always took from the immigration problem there. DR is already a third world country with so many ppl living in poverty. It's hard for citizens to get work let alone immigrants. Being that they can't get jobs many are forced into crime and prostitution. There are a handful of other things that come into play not just skin color, cause if that were the case half the country would be deported.

I also never understood NT's infatuation with what Dominicans choose to identify themselves as. My pop's skin is black and my mom's is white, they both consider themselves Dominican and not a color.

NT doesnt make a fuss about what they chose to identify as. The fuss is being made because they look down on someone for being something even though that very samething is a part of who they are and they chose to ignore.  Im glad your parents realized it means nothing though!

That's what I've heard. It's already hard to get work, then u have ppl coming in taking the little bit of work available for lower pay.

There's no real fascination w/ Dominicans on here, it's just that they try their hardest to disassociate themselves w/ African culture when they have African blood in them, some more than most. It's one thing to acknowledge it and be proud to be Dominican and another to be like "Nah, not true"

Back
Top Bottom