Donaghy says ORL-BOS series was extended

The game was won in the 4th. And it wasn't won because of any fouling discrepancies. The Suns' 2nd unit just played their balls off.

In regards to him being wrong about the Cleveland/Lakers series, dont you think Stern would make
sure that would NOT happen after Donaghy said it would happen?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by tmoney85

The suns-lakers game 4 made a lot of you doubters of the great Tim Donaghy look reaal stupid
For those who now conveniently point to the free throw disparity as evidence the league fixes games..

Game 3 Boston vs. Orlando

Boston shoots 28 FTs, Orlando shoots 18.

If the league and refs were intending on extending the series (like Donaghy says they are), then why wasn't there a massive free throw differential between the two teams in Orlando's favor?   People will claim this game was "influenced" but why didn't the league "influence" game 3 for Orlando?  Would more foul shots necessarily give them the win?  Not necessarily.  But if their intention was to help the Magic, then the foul shots would have been disproportionally in Orlando's favor, which they weren't.

Like I've said before, I don't deny ref bias, potential league/Stern influence, and other shady factors... but we cannot look to only the examples that benefit our theories and disregard the times it doesn't fit. 

stop making sense...these cats don't like it

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

In regards to him being wrong about the Cleveland/Lakers series, dont you think Stern would make
nerd.gif
So Stern initially wants Lakers vs. Cavs and Lebron vs. Kobe for the ratings bonanza.

But suddenly, Donaghy says it's going to happen, so the ratings and the money take a backseat to Stern's new policy of proving Donaghy wrong.  What about the ratings? the money? the press?  As long as people watch, Stern and the league see green, a "rogue ref" won't stop them from that.

Money and ratings > Donaghy looking smart and correctly "predicting" the series

The ref can only do so much though. Most of the playoff games has been blow outs. This Tim dude just trying to pull everyone down with him

I don't really doubt what Donaghy is saying.

I do get the feeling that the refs are INFLUENCING games by giving certain teams more favorable calls. It's just impossible to prove whether or not they're doing it intentionally. And they can't do anything too drastic or blatant - they can just sway the game a certain way, if that's indeed what they're attempting.

I got the feeling right off the bat in today's Lakers/Suns game, but it could just be the Laker fan in me.

One game they're calling all the touch fouls for a certain team, and other times that team is getting hard contact all over the place without getting any calls. The fact that every series goes through these ups and downs hints that the refs COULD be influencing the games.

Either way, I've been meaning to pick up Donaghy's book. I read part of it in Borders and it was interesting.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

nerd.gif
So Stern initially wants Lakers vs. Cavs and Lebron vs. Kobe for the ratings bonanza.

But suddenly, Donaghy says it's going to happen, so the ratings and the money take a backseat to Stern's new policy of proving Donaghy wrong.  What about the ratings? the money? the press?  As long as people watch, Stern and the league see green, a "rogue ref" won't stop them from that.

Money and ratings > Donaghy looking smart and correctly "predicting" the series
You're acting like a Lakers/Celtics match up wouldnt bring ratings; money; press.. Wasn't 08's finals one of the best ratings since the 90's?

It's called Home Court Advantage in the case of the Lakers/Suns series.

Rondo didn't have a good game in game 4, that was basically the game

Yea, Donaghy can still be right about the corruption while being wrong in his Cavs/Lakers prediction. He was too dumb to realize Celtics/Lakers would do the same or possibly even bigger numbers than Lebron/Kobe.

Gotta say that one reason that I hold onto the belief that he could be telling the truth is the refs that they consider to be Finals material. I mean Bennett Salvatore gets Finals games? Guy can't get a call right and it doesn't even matter if it's the Celtics or not. I see that slimeball making ridiculous calls in other games.

Donaghy didn't factor in DeLebronte factor of the Cavs/Boston series.

Also, one wrong prediction doesn't prove he's wrong. Two wrong predictions don't prove that he's wrong.

But with all that's happened so far... you'd be foolish to not even be suspicious of fraudulent referee activity.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

One game they're calling all the touch fouls for a certain team, and other times that team is getting hard contact all over the place without getting any calls. The fact that every series goes through these ups and downs hints that the refs COULD be influencing the games.
It's called individual perspective. Or interpretation.

You may look at a play and say "hard foul!".

I may look at it and say "ticky-tack!".

Refs are human too. You guys act as if it's the same 3 refs calling every game of a series. Of course you're gonna have discrepancies in style of play when you rotate the refs so often.

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

Also, one wrong prediction doesn't prove he's wrong. Two wrong predictions don't prove that he's wrong.

But with all that's happened so far... you'd be foolish to not even be suspicious of fraudulent referee activity.
But 2 wrong predictions means he is right
laugh.gif
What all has happened anyways?

Why doesn't he expose these memos he claims Stern would hand out to them? The phone calls and emails? Where are those? If he's 100%, those things would be easy to produce.

He actually named some people in his interview yesterday, although we don't know who those folks are...

The nba isn't fixed. Way too much of the action relies on players and gameplay.

i have watched these games with the whole purpose of trying to prove the nba is cheating, but it just isn't.

It's about the money, no doubt, and they ain't mad when series go full seven games, but the stories write themselves.

Tim is doing what everyone in a disgraced position does these days (steroid users) and is throwing out a tell-all-book to capitalize on the situation.

People unfortunately will purchase the book, read some "inside scoop" that any casual fan could tell me (NBA WANTS LEBRON VS KOBE) OBVIOUSLY TIM.

Anyways, don't buy into it, let this guy just slither away to put his life back together.

This.

people on here act like they have stocks in the NBA and have to quickly debunk any conspiracy about it.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

This.

people on here act like they have stocks in the NBA and have to quickly debunk any conspiracy about it.
And other people in here are the same ones who believe the government is spying on you 24/7 by listening to you via your cell phones and watching you on your computer's webcam even when it isn't on.

yeah, perkins was ejected, i think donaghy was correct - no one wants nothing to watch with no basketball on for a few days

If they wanted to fix the game, they'd start properly calling Pierce for traveling every time he does that fake step back jumper than jump into the defender. And Ray Allen's footwork is atrocious coming off the screen if he doesn't shoot right away, literally it's like 4 steps before putting the ball down as he turns the corner.

It is a terrible crew though. Eddie F Rush is the head of officiating and has to be 60, and Joey Crawford is well documented for sucking and I don't know the 3rd black dude so he must not be too bad.

/i183.photobucket.com/albums/x221/likemikephotobucket/eddierushmike.jpg">http://i183.photobucket.c...bucket/eddierushmike.jpg" alt="image">[/img]
21.jpg

Wake up guys! Boston did not try to win Gm 3 and anyone could see that. You really think the NBA won't have playoff basketball during the Memorial holiday weekend? No way in HELL the Lakers and Celtics were going to sweep and have no playoffs over the weekend. The Finals dont even start to June whatever. That would have been 2 damn weeks with no basketball.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

If they wanted to fix the game, they'd start properly calling Pierce for traveling every time he does that fake step back jumper than jump into the defender. And Ray Allen's footwork is atrocious coming off the screen if he doesn't shoot right away, literally it's like 4 steps before putting the ball down as he turns the corner.

It is a terrible crew though. Eddie F Rush is the head of officiating and has to be 60, and Joey Crawford is well documented for sucking and I don't know the 3rd black dude so he must not be too bad.

http://i183.photobucket.c...bucket/eddierushmike.jpg" alt="image">" alt="image">
21.jpg
you really can't make those calls with pierce traveling and ray allen's footwork, it would kill the flow of the game.  they have been getting by on these moves for YEARS, that would be too obvious.  And now rondo just received a technical the fix is on.  we will see if this is legit with donagy with if they do not rescind the 7th tech for perkins, then we will see.

Back
Top Bottom