Don't post in this thread. Find the official gta V thread. K thx

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

am i the ONLY dude out that actually liked the driving physics??? it was fun as hell, and one of my fav aspects of the game. I liked how different driving a Patriot around was from driving the sports car. I liked poppin the wheels in the back and doin lame drifts around a corner
laugh.gif

No. I don't get where all the hate for the driving physics came from. It took some time to get used to, but it was way better than those fake driving physics in the last generation of GTAs. I just chalk it up to people not liking drastic change. It was a pretty big jump from III to IV in terms of gameplay and realism.
Also, I loved the Euphoria Engine, which seems to get a lot of hate, too.

yep the driving was cake to me. I played on 360 tho. I definitely feel the 360 controls handles GTA games better. I felt that way about RDR too. I couldn't rock with it at all the first time I got it, on ps3. a yr later I copped on 360 and instantly fell in love.

oh and in regards to that 'Leak' by that playstation magazine employee or whatever...

Originally Posted by Play Mag Publisher

Future Publishing's Tim Clark, Editor in Chief of Official PlayStation Magazine has refuted claims that any leak has come from a Future journalist on Twitter, saying:

"Just to make super clear, that 'journalist' with the GTA insider 'info' sure as sh*t doesn't work for either of Future's PlayStation mags."

We can confirm that any supposed leak has not come from Imagine Publishing's PlayStation magazine, Play.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/111982...laims_30minute_access_to_gta_5_tells_all.html

son *%+. his name was GTA5RULESALL. I was privy when he first made the claims. i mean his story sounded good and of course we wanted to believe it as he confirmed everything we've been want. but that dickhead was selling dreams. troll cooch

Edit. Update. son confirmed the lies.
Originally Posted by GTA5RULESALL

I made it all up.......

smh.  e-fame is a powerful drug I suppose. 

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

I really hope they improve the car physics. I hated gta iv's car control. It felt like cars had no tires and the wheels were made of wood. Also i hated that your player would fall so easily and take ages to get back up.

I just took GTA4 out the plastic after all of this time and man does this game suck donkey balls compared to the others.

The car physics and driving alone make me not want to even play anymore, but I want my body to be ready when 5 drops.

I serious hate 4 for this... it's too real and it sucks... it's not what GTA is about.

My first time ever playing a GTA on Xbox too... all the other 3 were on PS2... and I must say I prefer the PS2 controller for GTA, but Xbox controller for shooting games.

Is there a controller that's similar to that of PS2 that you can plug into your Xbox or something?

Search XCM Cross Fire.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

I really hope they improve the car physics. I hated gta iv's car control. It felt like cars had no tires and the wheels were made of wood. Also i hated that your player would fall so easily and take ages to get back up.

I just took GTA4 out the plastic after all of this time and man does this game suck donkey balls compared to the others.

The car physics and driving alone make me not want to even play anymore, but I want my body to be ready when 5 drops.

I serious hate 4 for this... it's too real and it sucks... it's not what GTA is about.

My first time ever playing a GTA on Xbox too... all the other 3 were on PS2... and I must say I prefer the PS2 controller for GTA, but Xbox controller for shooting games.

Is there a controller that's similar to that of PS2 that you can plug into your Xbox or something?
If you think thats bad wait till the story disappoints you 
eyes.gif
. McCleary family ruined the game for me. You can't purchase real estate, you can't purchase businesses. The game sucks man. 

Originally Posted by Freeze

yep the driving was cake to me. I played on 360 tho. I definitely feel the 360 controls handles GTA games better. I felt that way about RDR too. I couldn't rock with it at all the first time I got it, on ps3. a yr later I copped on 360 and instantly fell in love.

oh and in regards to that 'Leak' by that playstation magazine employee or whatever...

Originally Posted by Play Mag Publisher

Future Publishing's Tim Clark, Editor in Chief of Official PlayStation Magazine has refuted claims that any leak has come from a Future journalist on Twitter, saying:

"Just to make super clear, that 'journalist' with the GTA insider 'info' sure as sh*t doesn't work for either of Future's PlayStation mags."

We can confirm that any supposed leak has not come from Imagine Publishing's PlayStation magazine, Play.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/111982...laims_30minute_access_to_gta_5_tells_all.html

son *%+. his name was GTA5RULESALL. I was privy when he first made the claims. i mean his story sounded good and of course we wanted to believe it as he confirmed everything we've been want. but that dickhead was selling dreams. troll cooch

Edit. Update. son confirmed the lies.
Originally Posted by GTA5RULESALL

I made it all up.......

smh.  e-fame is a powerful drug I suppose. 

Thats why gtaforums.com is a JOKE 
laugh.gif

All of the supposed leaks that a lot of NT'ers are believing & re posting on here just make me
laugh.gif

Even the 4chan rumors
laugh.gif

Real talk don't expect R* to drop the 2nd trailer until April at the earliest after Max Payne 3 releases in March.

We might get lucky and R* might do a exclusive game preview with a magazine like Game Informer in a month or 2.

R* right now is mainly focused on promoting & hyping up Max Payne 3 by releasing info, doing magazine previews & interviews, releasing screen shots.

Here is proof:

Max%252520Payne%2525203.JPG

The latest edition of EGM which I checked & read at my local barnes & noble yesterday.

You can save this quote from me and I'll bet anyone on here that GTA V won't be seeing a May or Summer 2012 release date and that this game will be out by October 2012.

I'm one of the biggest GTA fans on here like a lot of people and would love to have the game as soon as possible like a lot of people. But at the same time I would rather wait and let R* do their best to produce this game.

laugh.gif
 Never believe leaks dealing with rock star, they keep games really secure.
Last time i remember a leak was san andreas. btw most gtas come out in the fall only gtaiv came in spring.

^^^wow
Please note that everything here should be regarded as rumor.
  • Mountain ranges cannot be passed, however they can be scaled almost to the very top. GTA V is "landlocked" just like RDR.
  • Los Santos is the only major city in the game. However, this doesn't mean there isn't a lot to explore; Los Santos is ~50% larger than Liberty City, with a handful of smaller cities and towns beyond the countryside. One of the larger non-LS cities is based on San Bernardino, another is Tucson, both are about the size of Alderney.
  • The world is definitely not going to be too small for people's tastes; Expect to see snow, deserts, and much more.
  • The city of Los Santos alone is larger than GTA IV combined. Los Santos is the largest and most important city. Unlike San Andreas, players will not be moving from one city to the next, doing missions restricted to that specific location. They will be structured in a way that's unlike what has been done in any previous Grand Theft Auto game.
  • There are at least two cities apart from Los Santos which are the size of Alderney; They do not share a border with Los Santos or each other.
  • The Italian Mafia will not be making an appearance this time around.
  • Los Santos alone is the same size as III era San Andreas.
  • The mountain ranges extend above the maximum altitude for player-controlled planes, therefore making it impossible to fly over them.
  • Los Santos alone will feature three airports (more are outside of the city), with the world itself being more than twice the size of RDR.
  • Ammunition will be making a return, however it is inaccessible; The use of underground arms dealers will be used instead. Shooting ranges will now make a reappearance as well, with the minigame being revamped and much more fun.
  • Every plane shown in the trailer (excluding the commercial passenger jets) is pilotable. No big planes (ex. AT-400) will be present.
  • NPC Passenger jets fly higher than the vertical limit of planes piloted by the player.
  • There are 5 counties in the game, with Los Santos being the largest of them all. Overall, Los Santos is 1/3 of the entire map, with the map being over twice the size of RDR; This can be compared to New Austin and Neuvo Paraiso being one huge city, paved end to end.
  • Bowling will be making a return, which will also be tied into a few missions.
  • "ENEMA" is a designer clothes label in the game, with the real-life equivalent being MANGO.
  • Seasons change in-game, with the main story taking place over the course of more than a year.
  • Safehouses will not be customizable, however they can be customized to spawn with different cars, helicopters, boats, and planes.
  • Weapons will be customizable.
  • Car customization will be making a return.
  • Character clothing can be changed, but the overall appearance of the character can not be changed. There will be more than three clothing stores to choose from, however it is not a major component of the storyline and therefore optional.
  • The ability to drive from a desert to an area with heavy snowfall will now be possible.
  • Mt. Slippery is one of the highest peaks in the game. Mt. Chiliad will not be making a return.
  • One of the weapons is a remote-controlled explosive miniature truck called the "RC Tour".
  • There will be countrysides, deserts, and mountain peaks. San Fierro and Las Venturas will not be making a return.
  • The northern side of the map is bordered by the Tetas Grandes Mountain Range (the real-life equivalent being the Los Padres National Forest).
  • Children of the protagonist will be present in V, however they cannot be killed. It is unknown if they will be making appearances outside of cutscenes.
  • The protagonist has two children, boy Daniel and girl Skyler. They are about 10 years old and are too young to understand the protagonist's criminal history.
  • The protagonist is divorced, with the wife having full custody over the children.
  • An achievement called "Desert Bus" will be featured.
  • The hidden packages will be 100 crazy Sasquatches that will be placed around San Andreas. They will be recognizable by their faint red glow and constant cooing.
The counties of San Andreas are:
  • Los Angeles County --> Los Santos County
  • Orange County --> Valais County
  • San Diego County --> Santa Hueso County
  • San Bernardino County --> Brigham County
  • Ventura/Santa Barbara County --> Santa Catarina County
  • Riverside/Imperial County --> Trecena County
There will be snow-capped mountains in game. Most of them are within Brigham County, which is the second largest county compared to Los Santos.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=214978648913642848963.0004b10b9b41d4148a628
  • Attempting to boat around the mountains will result in a never ending row of mountains.
  • The eastern border of the map is the Yucca Desert, which stretches on into infinity. A single road runs through it, however traveling too far out will result in a message implying there's nothing out there.
  • The west and south parts of the map is the Pacific ocean.
  • The southeast part of the map is the Mexican-American border, however it is only referred to as "The Border". Crossing over the boarder will result in 5 stars, unless the player turns around immediately. Beyond the border is endless desert.
  • Dogs will be in the game, but only with their humans.
  • The story focuses on Mexican drug cartels, mainly between two warring cartels, X1 and the Cholula Cartel and their "army", Los Illuminados.
  • African-American gangs will return as the "Families Alliance" or even just "The Alliance". Their color is Black and Green. Their rivals are the Mafioso Alliance, who wear Blue. A third, smaller African-American gang called "The Tracers" will play the most important role in the story.
  • A Korean mob, Yakuza, and references to the Irish mob will be present, along with the Triads and Russian mob.
  • The protagonist's name is Ray, age 53, father of 2 children, divorcee, and an ex-con from upstate Liberty. Ray moved to Los Santos recently and was served with a divorce weeks later. Due to his criminal background, this prevented him from having custody of his children, thus giving full custody to his ex-wife instead.

dont get excited yall, that 'leak' has been confirmed to be fake. nobody really knows anything, speculation runs rampant.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Also, I loved the Euphoria Engine, which seems to get a lot of hate, too.

right....

gtaiv was sick. i loved how they injected some realism into it and hope they take it further than RDR with V.

the "fights" in multi had so much depth....you're rolling away from a car then shooting the driver out when he tries to turn around

diving over freeways to avoid RPG rockets

climbing buildings to get a better vantage

it was so "open-ended" that you could really do anything you wanted to.....freely.

once you got the controls down and did rambo type #$%!, it was that much more fun, because, it was more real than previous GTAs

Well it looks like we might be getting our first magazine preview with some new info:
GTAV_PSM3_Magazine.jpg

Thank god it isn't stupid Gameinformer !

Yes Gameinformer is stupid because Gamestop won't even sell you the magazine separately and they want you to spend like $15 for a year subscription and the magazine is not available for sale on newstands or places like Barnes & Noble.

PSM3 Magazine is a UK based magazine and is run by the same people who manage the http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ website.

The magazine can be found at places like Fry's or Barnes & Noble but sells for steep price of $10 bucks since it's imported here to the US.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The people that hate GTA IV cuz it was too real, you're gonna hate V. They're aiming to make the game more and more real.

frown.gif
this depresses me man. I really like driving in Vice City and San Andreas 
tired.gif

Anyone who doesn't like GTA's realism should go play Saints Row: The Third and stop complaining. If you honestly think GTA IV was weak because it was "too realistic" you need to just stop playing video games or something. GTA IV lacked interest, but it's nowhere near a bad game.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

The people that hate GTA IV cuz it was too real, you're gonna hate V. They're aiming to make the game more and more real.

Source?

Rockstar didn't really distribute their effort properly when they were making GTAIV. They spent all this time and money into making the city look realistic and like NY, whereas making the gameplay fun didn't seem as high of a priority as it should've been. Looking at the similarities of the city and NY was great, but it wasn't worth all the time and effort they spent on this aspect in the long run. Unlike SA, once you completed the game, it felt like there was nothing left to do around the city. Like others have pointed out, it's not the realism that didn't make IV as great as it could've been, it's mainly the horrible and frustrating physics engine. IV was a great game, but it was a step back from SA.

This will obviously be a Game of the Year candidate. People hold GTA to a higher level of quality then all other games because of how CLASSIC Vice City and San Andreas were. This one probably wont surpass those two but if it comes close we will have another Classic on our hands.

My body is ready. I just wish it was back in the hood
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

This will obviously be a Game of the Year candidate. People hold GTA to a higher level of quality then all other games because of how CLASSIC Vice City and San Andreas were. This one probably wont surpass those two but if it comes close we will have another Classic on our hands.

My body is ready. I just wish it was back in the hood
frown.gif
haha they need to release a gta san andreas special edition for ps3 and xbox. revamped graphics, more missions and cars, and more music. maybe add a little back to the future type expansion lol id cop

Back
Top Bottom