Dragonball Evolution was the worst movie i've seen in 10 years

NTers save your money and time and pass on this stinking pile of %++%

Script was garabge, acting was garbage, CG was garbage, story was garbage, chicks didn't even look
pimp.gif

Part of a published review:
There's a lot wrong with Dragonball: Evolution, but the one huge thing that overrides nearly everything else is that the script is an absolute, unmitigated disaster. It's clear that a metric ton of material was hacked out, but this thing would need another 30 minutes rise from "unforgivably ******ed" to "only mostly ******ed". If you walked into this movie cold - with only a cursory knowledge of who Goku is or what the original story is about - your jaw will be agape at what unbelievable horsecrap is unfolding before you. They explain virtually nothing. There is little to no character motivation. Things just sort of happen - it's not difficult to keep up with (once you realize the movie has no internal logic at all and is just checking off character names and plot points) it's just that so little of it feels connected or sensible at all.

In the end, it all boils down to one thing: this movie appeals to nobody. It was made for no one. People who aren't familiar with the Dragon Ball story at all will be so flabbergasted by what's happening that they will likely tell everyone they know that it's one of the worst movies they've ever seen. Fans who do know what the general story is will be furious at just how unbelievably badly they screwed this entire thing up. Kids are used to better writing than this in their weekday afternoon cartoons (although you may run into a kid who has never actually seen a movie before, and they might dig it until you show them another movie). It's a clunky, tiresome, badly executed, horribly written pile of shame that deserves no quarter.

In short, it's as bad as the fans said it would be.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Grade: F[/td] [/tr][/table]

Spoilers:

-The whole movie is centered around obtaining the dragonballs, there's no tournament, no real draw to having any conflict
-There's a forced love story with Goku and Chi-Chi. There's a scene where Goku shows up at Chi-chi's house and crashes her high school party andtries to get out of the friend zone. this lasts for a good 15-20 min
sick.gif

-There's hardly any fighting. Fight scenes have 0 choreographed movement. If you're looking for kung-fu matrix Jet-Li stuff there is pretty much 0.Just dude's throwing fireballs or people shooting guns at each other
-Goku buries his murdered grandfatherin his backyard...
-They use the Kamehameha as a healing technique. Goku gets shot, Roshi heals him with the Kamehameha....
-No Vegeta, no Raditz, no DBZ characters
- Piccolo is just an alien whorandomly appeared on Earth and for no reason wants to destroy and then rule it.
-Piccolo does nothing but say one liners and throw fireballs
-There's no "final fight". Dudes run at each other, throw 5 fireballs Goku fires a kamehameha and kills Piccolo
- There's this whole subplot about Ozarru (SP?) Or when Goku turns into the giant monkey. Dude turns into it at the end of the film and does nothing butchoke Roshi out and kill him. there's no fighting involving him in monkey form and it looks worse than the werewolf in the "Wolfman" from back inthe 1950's
-Yeah Goku kills Roshi, then uses the dragonballs (which they spent the last 1:50 minutes talking about using to save the world) to ressurect Roshi so he cantrain more
-Shen Long the dragon shows up and looks worse than the dragons in Reign of Fire. He also doesn't say anything.
-The movie ends with Goku and Chi-Chi making out and then sparring...
-The only people actually Goku beatsup besides Piccolo are women
indifferent.gif

-The dude who plays Yamcha tries to act like he's an anime character. This comes off as irritating and stupid.
-Piccolo tells Goku that Goku came toEarth on a meteor and hid amongst the humans until his 18th birthday. He then said and I quote "You WORKED for me!". So how did an 18 year-old workfor someone 1,982 years before he was born?
laugh.gif

YES I'M MAD

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Why would you go see it in the first place?

And fan or not what the heck were you expecting from those previews?
laugh.gif

I didn't pay money to see it and I'm encouraging everyone else to not pay money either when it drops in theaters. It really was THAT bad, fan of theseries or not.

Snaps...I'll watch it either way. It does sound pretty terrible. Haha. I cannot believe Akira Toriyama agreed to this.

don't take this to heart but ur an idiot for spending money on this. did the previews give any indication that this was going to be a good movie?

I stopped playing it after 6 minutes up to the part when Goku beats up that black guy and his gang.

My childhood felt like it slid down a cheese grater into a pool of rubbing alcohol.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

laugh.gif

I didn't pay money to see it and I'm encouraging everyone else to not pay money either when it drops in theaters. It really was THAT bad, fan of the series or not.

Did you not learn from the live action Fist of the North Star, Mortal Combat, or Street Fighter.

It's your own damn fault for not realizing this before seeing the movie. It was plain as day how bad this movie was gonna be.

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

laugh.gif

I didn't pay money to see it and I'm encouraging everyone else to not pay money either when it drops in theaters. It really was THAT bad, fan of the series or not.

Did you not learn from the live action Fist of the North Star, Mortal Combat, or Street Fighter.
I never seen the live action fist of the north start....but i thought the first mortal combat was ok....and street fighter was garbage

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

laugh.gif

Ay man, the new SF Chun Li movie was pretty damn entertaining. Picked that over Watchmen and never looked back.

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

goku does NOT kill roshi. the mafuba kills him
He does mafuba and he's still alive. Goku then comes in Ozzaru form and chokes him out and he dies. Why the in the world would they have Gokucome and choke the hell outta Roshi if it wasn't part of his death? Sure he was weakend but the Ozzaru choke hold did him in
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom