Drake is GARBAGE

he's good. but not superb. he's not the greatest rapper out, but he makes good music, period.
it sucks that on nt either people will really love or hate an artist, there's almost no in between for most people
laugh.gif

i agree.some people are trying to hype this dude up and the other day i went to youtube to see what all the hoopla was about and he wasnt anything special.

I think he's actually pretty talented and makes some good songs. Much better than alot of these other new dudes. But maybe my opinion doesn't countsince I dont have that many posts.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

i agree.some people are trying to hype this dude up and the other day i went to youtube to see what all the hoopla was about and he wasnt anything special.
That's what most of you $$@*!+ do.

Go to youtube or listen to a song on the radio...and if it doesn't meet your "expectations", it means the artist is trash.

But if they were unknown and y'all came across a few songs...y'all would be recommending them to everyone.
eyes.gif

Not to call you out specifically, but that's a cycle I see a lot...

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

overhyped imo... he just sounds generic to me...
yes. I'm sick of hearing his %+%$ everywhere I turn! He's good, but people are making him out to be more than what he is.

its the weezy effect for sure. people start hating solely b/c others are sack riding so hard
laugh.gif

hating is so cliche, but its truely hate when you start to discredit another man solely b/c there are so many crediting him.

and i think dude is talented but nothing spectacular rap wise. a good artist though. garbage in particular sounds alittle far fetched but hey, to each his own
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

overhyped imo... he just sounds generic to me...
yes. I'm sick of hearing his %+%$ everywhere I turn! He's good, but people are making him out to be more than what he is.

MM HH!!!!
But he's not GARBAGE tho......thats a lil too far
Just overhyped

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

its the weezy effect for sure. people start hating solely b/c others are sack riding so hard
laugh.gif

hating is so cliche, but its truely hate when you start to discredit another man solely b/c there are so many crediting him.
I can't believe multiple people actually think this is the case.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamaco

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
man thats the case with damn near anything in life. you generally have people playing devol's advocate. its a natural thing. when you hearso many people yelling greatness or whatever they yell to the point its like OD, its like what the hell am i missing that they are catching. that said i doyet dont understand why his buzz is so big. he has the female crowd under wraps with the rapper/singer joint and the mulatto complex. u know somebody isbuzzin major mainstream when u got chicks quotin him, puttin other people up on him, and knowing his every lyric. i hate to bring it back to wayne again, buti knew he had that commercial success when I go to a party and have chicks spitting his entire drought 3 mixtape. before that chicks were not really up on himlike that

Drake is FAR from trash.

I think the reason so many dudes on NT slurping Drake becuase they finally got a rapper they can relate to. Not like dude gonna go from Degrassi and switch upand try to spit some coke raps.

Like NT adores Cam even though majority of NT doesn't live in the hood, never sold drugs, get no buns and just added the word "swag" into theirvocabulary last week. Drake getting a lot of play because he's relatable and marketable.

IMO Drake dope. It's so true that NT loves to be the first to hype someone up, watch them get shine, and then $++# on them once it becomes cool for theaverage fan to know who they are.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

I dont know about yall, but So Far Gone was the best mixtape in the last 4-5 years
arguably not even the best mixtape in his catalog.

Originally Posted by Mamaco

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
man thats the case with damn near anything in life. you generally have people playing devol's advocate. its a natural thing. when you hear so many people yelling greatness or whatever they yell to the point its like OD, its like what the hell am i missing that they are catching. that said i do yet dont understand why his buzz is so big. he has the female crowd under wraps with the rapper/singer joint and the mulatto complex. u know somebody is buzzin major mainstream when u got chicks quotin him, puttin other people up on him, and knowing his every lyric. i hate to bring it back to wayne again, but i knew he had that commercial success when I go to a party and have chicks spitting his entire drought 3 mixtape. before that chicks were not really up on him like that
Maybe it's so hard for me to comprehend because that's just not the way I think but I see your point.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

I dont know about yall, but So Far Gone was the best mixtape in the last 4-5 years
No.
indifferent.gif

Thats the stuff I be talkin about....people take Drake's music to a "overhyped" level

Back
Top Bottom