Dreads and Jobs

I've seen a few engineers at NASA with dreads.....but engineers tend to have more lax dress code. Its business casual....but ***$ is really borderlinecasual. I see guys in jeans and sneakers...im about to go to work in white or black solid forces....lol.

Thats a bit off topic, but anyways it depends on your employer/profession. CEOs probably cant get away with dreads, but other professions where your not in thepublic eye or attend high up meetings might be able too.

my friend cut off his braids because he was told by an interviewer that it wasn't professional. he applied to a small, independent software comapny.

I couldn't get a job to save my life when I had braids. I think people would prefer that nappy fro look over braids/dreads. All the Black dudes incommercials seem to have them.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Parallel Plane

It really depends on what part of the country or more specifically what city you live in.

I know professionals with dreads.

yep, in the DC area I see tons of professionals with dreads that work in the Pentagon pulling up in M5's and what not.

yep, in the DC area I see tons of professionals with dreads that work in the Pentagon pulling up in M5's and what not.
I guarantee you they established themselves first before they decided to grow their hair. It's harder for someone to fire you for your hair,especially if you've proved yourself, than to not hire you for your hair.

Back
Top Bottom