Dressing Better Vol 2.0

DB fam got a quick question. In an attempt to save some money. I have a blue suit to wear to this wedding. I don't have brown dress shoes. I have a pair of grey suede lunargrands. Can that be worn with maybe a grey tie....or too informal for a wedding.

The shoes got yellow soles, man. Def informal.

I like the 484 fit and I don't consider myself to have chicken legs :lol:

I just ordered 4 pair of cords for the late fall/winter in the 484 fit from jcrew while they still had the 25% off fall items + free shipping + $50 rewards gift card.

First DB suit. Picked it up at SuitSupply when I was in Chicago back in July. Fit perfectly off the rack, just had to get the pants hemmed.

Last edited:
Get a DSLR, only way to do those suits of yours true justice in pics, because DAMBB!! That blue suit look is amazing!

Do the 484s fit similar to levi 508s? If I wear a 30 in 508 what should I be getting in the 484?

I don't have any 511's but I have 514's that fit the same as my 484's.
I had the 514 when I was 170 lbs or so and they were a lot looser than my 511 or the 484. The 514 is supposed to be slim straight I believe.

How do the 484's compare to 511's ??
They're almost identical. I'd post pics but I'm on mobile. Feel free to go onto my blog and search for "Levi's 511" and "J. Crew 484". Pics should show up.

I take a 31 on both. Leg opening is 7".

Black denim doesn't sell?
Don't they have that wrinkle black color?

Thank you everyone for the support! Steezgawd, my dad has a dslr that use from time to time but I doubt he'd be cool if I take it to the office everyday lmao.

Hen, do I regret it? HELL NAW. Lol. I mean I really did love em but I have no place for black in my wardrobe :lol:
Literally never got worn close to the end. However the come up was soo worth it.
I paid $200 DS in 06-07 from a NTer. Wore them ALL through HS and first 2.5 years of college. Stopped wearing regularly junior year and one night my buddy saw me in the hallway at 1am, asked if he could buy lol (didn't even have em on). I told him to shoot a number. "$250?" "Eh, nah. $275?"

Lmao dude agreed. Literally came to my room 20 min later with the cash. Funny thing? It My box had the sticker mentioning the release date which was Dec 15, 2001. I sold them on Dec 15, 2011 at 130AM. Literally were ten years old to the day :pimp:

anyone have any suggestions on some black boots when wearing a peacoat or toggle/duffle coat ?

something leather i guess since i plan to wear them in the winter and there will be snow. those viberg's posted by flyknit look pretty cool, but i couldn't find out anymore info about them.

Last edited:
I had the 514 when I was 170 lbs or so and they were a lot looser than my 511 or the 484. The 514 is supposed to be slim straight I believe.
The 511 and 514 are the same except 511 is more tapered from the knee down. I think the 484's may have a slightly smaller leg opening than the 514's because of the straight fit. Whether you wear 511's or 514's I'd go with the same size in the 484's. Sound advice from wj4.
Hen, do I regret it? HELL NAW. Lol. I mean I really did love em but I have no place for black in my wardrobe
laugh.gif

Literally never got worn close to the end. However the come up was soo worth it.
I paid $200 DS in 06-07 from a NTer. Wore them ALL through HS and first 2.5 years of college. Stopped wearing regularly junior year and one night my buddy saw me in the hallway at 1am, asked if he could buy lol (didn't even have em on). I told him to shoot a number. "$250?" "Eh, nah. $275?"

Lmao dude agreed. Literally came to my room 20 min later with the cash. Funny thing? It My box had the sticker mentioning the release date which was Dec 15, 2001. I sold them on Dec 15, 2011 at 130AM. Literally were ten years old to the day
pimp.gif
I feel you. I've only worn mine a few times. They are practically DS. But that's a classic silhouette in a classic colorway and pretty true to OG form. I'm too nostalgic (no ninjahood) to let them go. Especially with JB quality these days.

Sounds like you got your moneys worth through wearing them AND got your money back (plus some) when you stopped wearing them. Can't knock that. Purchasing my first pair of AE's was a refreshing (you could even say invigorating) experience after being consumed by Nikes/Jordans for so many years. I really felt like I was treating myself to something better. And also, I felt like I was getting what I paid for. It definitely signaled a change for myself, and it seems like you haven't looked back since your first purchase
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
DB fam got a quick question. In an attempt to save some money. I have a blue suit to wear to this wedding. I don't have brown dress shoes. I have a pair of grey suede lunargrands. Can that be worn with maybe a grey tie....or too informal for a wedding.

The shoes got yellow soles, man. Def informal.

It will be informal which i don't really mind....but like too informal :lol:

I still have a code bruh. Never will sell my '03 white cement 3s (can match more but rarely get worn) or my Filipino AF1s. Like never will.

Oh and that camel topcoat from J.Crew will be copped in camel. Was thinking I wanted a 3 button chesterfield as it is and then they post this. Yeah, likely will be purchased. If I make a CC with them, do I get a certain percent off for my first purchase? And will student ID be stackable with that?

They run promos periodically that if you open a card you get 25% or 30% off first purcahse. If ordered in store you can usually stack Student discount.

Oh and that camel topcoat from J.Crew will be copped in camel. Was thinking I wanted a 3 button chesterfield as it is and then they post this. Yeah, likely will be purchased. If I make a CC with them, do I get a certain percent off for my first purchase? And will student ID be stackable with that?
It's 15% off the first purchase I think. You need to talk your way into staking coupons. It's doable but not all with honor.

Back
Top Bottom