Dressing Better Vol 2.0

On a serious note, I should have done this from 22-24ish. I moved to Miami and lived like a fool. Yambs were taken, but I could have used that cash.

I agree with the living at home part for a bit. I got married young (23) but I honestly don't regret a single thing. I love my wife, she drives me crazy sometimes but I'm crazy about her so it's all been worth it and then some.

On a serious note, I should have done this from 22-24ish. I moved to Miami and lived like a fool. Yambs were taken, but I could have used that cash.

I agree with the living at home part for a bit. I got married young (23) but I honestly don't regret a single thing. I love my wife, she drives me crazy sometimes but I'm crazy about her so it's all been worth it and then some.
Now I understand that. I din't get married until 29 so that time at home would havbe been epic. I don't regret any of my Miami days though. I have stories to tell. Also taught me a lot about finances and budgeting. I lost it all and made a heck of a comeback. My wife is awesome too.

Now I understand that. I din't get married until 29 so that time at home would havbe been epic. I don't regret any of my Miami days though. I have stories to tell. Also taught me a lot about finances and budgeting. I lost it all and made a heck of a comeback. My wife is awesome too.

I like hearing these stories. I'll be 30 when I take the walk(birthday in Feb, wedding June), and I can't wait. I don't regret taking my time. I love having the chance to travel around a bit. Now I just continue my travels with my best friend.

I lived at home with no rent, car payment, no insurance bill or cell bill until age 26. No bills.

Wish I moved out earlier I've become a man since I left. For me some more struggle would've done me better.

I lived out on my own in Milwaukee for a couple years. Got another job and moved back home to moms crib Atlanta. Its a bittersweet life. I was shelling out over 1.1k a month between rent, bills, ins., groceries, etc. Now having that in the bank looks mighty nice. I'm trying to buy a house this year so I'm just patiently stacking. However, I do plan on picking up an Damier card holder and Ferragamo's :smh: (I know I know). I'm pretty good with spending my money though so I feel like it's no big deal. I miss being able to have yambs come thru whenever and not having moms get on my nerves every now and then but its whatever. My job keeps me on the road Mon-Thurs so it dont eem matter.

I still do numbers in TJ Maxx and Nordstrom rack from time to time. When I move out, I'll miss that |I

Heads up to anyone trying to cop the 2014 Stan smith cuz I know I was today.

They pulled a JB on the US version. Cheaper leather overall, leather on the heel tab instead of nubuck, puffy tongue instead of stitched flat like OG, whiter midsole, overall chunkier shape.

I went ahead and paid the extra $40 or so for the version that released overseas. US version looked so garbage and after being hyped for a while about this re release I couldn't settle. Pics to compare the two versions:

US

Overseas

Hennessy - where did you order from? I'm trying to cop the white/red pair myself.

I got them from an eBay seller in HK (buinick) who got them from the Adidas store there when they dropped a week ago. He has a FSR of all three colors. He has been very responsive emailing me back and answering my questions today. He was surprised to see what the US version looked like when i sent him pics because he also thought the release was standard globally. Im just waiting on him to send me pictures of the actual pairs i will be getting in my size tomorrow before i purchase. Just wanna make sure I'm not getting the US version. He has to pull them from his warehouse. Crooked tongues and size? have them also.

I get items from END quicker than I get items shipped to me from somewhere else in the US. I've never gotten charged duties either

Also tweet a selfie @adidasoriginals put #stansmith and they may photoshop you a tag with your face. 15 people get picked to receive an actual stan smith sneaker with their custom tongue tab. Pretty cool. Still waiting on them to photoshop mine though they've been doing a lot of them all day

Just caught up on the thread. They blocked NT at work so I'm hardly on now -_- still check this thread though. Was wondering why everyone was talking about living at home vs not...now I see why lol. Not that big of a deal IMO. I still make purchases I can't afford from time to time. I can buy it, but can't really afford it. I admit my spending habits are messed up lol. No CC debt, minimal college debt though so if its mine ill spend it...then be a little low on money for a week or two ha.

Heads up to anyone trying to cop the 2014 Stan smith cuz I know I was today.

They pulled a JB on the US version. Cheaper leather overall, leather on the heel tab instead of nubuck, puffy tongue instead of stitched flat like OG, whiter midsole, overall chunkier shape.

I went ahead and paid the extra $40 or so for the version that released overseas. US version looked so garbage and after being hyped for a while about this re release I couldn't settle. Pics to compare the two versions:

US

Overseas
kith pics sport nubuck on the back. And its also mentioned in the description. I think this is a classic case of "too many early product pics". These were originally supposed to have the aged look but dont. But later photos don't show that. They do look longer than they were originally wider as most OG Adidas models were. Sorry if this has already been posted btw I'll take some pics when my pairs come in.

kith pics sport nubuck on the back. And its also mentioned in the description. I think this is a classic case of "too many early product pics". These were originally supposed to have the aged look but dont. But later photos don't show that. They do look longer than they were originally wider as most OG Adidas models were. Sorry if this has already been posted btw I'll take some pics when my pairs come in.

No the kith pairs do NOT have nubuck, neither do Adidas.com. And look at the tongue...big difference. Kith messed up their description and there's a reason they are cheaper. Look closer at the pics. Kith always takes pics of what they have in store, actual product. What you see is what you get, in this case, trash.

Last edited:
No the kith pairs do NOT have nubuck, neither do Adidas.com. And look at the tongue...big difference. Kith messed up their description and there's a reason they are cheaper. Look closer at the pics. Kith always takes pics of what they have in store, actual product. What you see is what you get, in this case, trash.
just peeped the tongue. Hmm. Limited/Consortiums are the pairs sporting the exotic materials.. Sorry playas f+ck up sometimes too lol

I get items from END quicker than I get items shipped to me from somewhere else in the US. I've never gotten charged duties either
END is da trufe. I don't know how you haven't been slapped with duties though. I'm up in Canada and I had to pay up =(.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom