Dressing Better Vol 2.0

just peeped the tongue. Hmm. Limited/Consortiums are the pairs sporting the exotic materials.. Sorry playas f+ck up sometimes too lol

No worries man just want to steer people in the right path to make sure theyre getting what they want. The differences are subtle but make a big difference to me and I'm sure other NTers looking to cop care also. Although if you put both pairs in front of a random person they probably wouldn't even notice a difference honestly.

With a shoe like the Stan smith with so much history behind it, the OG details are as valuable as having the Nike Air on retro Jordan's. Small motifs on classics can be deal breakers.

No worries man just want to steer people in the right path to make sure theyre getting what they want. The differences are subtle but make a big difference to me and I'm sure other NTers looking to cop care also. Although if you put both pairs in front of a random person they probably wouldn't even notice a difference honestly.

With a shoe like the Stan smith with so much history behind it, the OG details are as valuable as having the Nike Air on retro Jordan's. Small motifs on classics can be deal breakers.
I too was also looking forward to the nonpadded tongue, but equally excited for the release on general. I would rather spend the extra money on the consortium pairs than 40 extra for overseas nonpadded pairs. Kinda disappointed but it'll all pan out. Thanks for all your help. Post pics of your pair when it comes in.

i was buying bape when i was living with my parents
frown.gif

http://www.techmorobo.com/2013-outerwear/ did a short write up about my 3 go to outerwear pieces this winter. 
Nice job man.

How do you like Colorado? Always wanted to go and spend a week snowboarding.
It's cool, cheap cost of living, good schools, plan to retire here for sure. Lots of cool things out here, rock climbing, trails, restaurants. Me and gf are looking to move to seattle in a couple years though after we're done with school here. I'm in graphic design, and shes in physics but we both agree that we want to retire here. She was born and raised here, I came here when I was 6 so it's home (though i don't like any of their sports teams) 

Last edited:
^Will do. Which consortiums were you looking to get? Just curious.
snakeskins. Also, be aware there are some sellers on eBay selling 2008 limited edition pairs that look extremely identical to 2014 release pairs as shown in the product pics (I.e. - slim tongue, old school sole, etc)

In one of the apartment price / rent threads some people lived in nice complexes with gyms for under $1000 a month. Tempts me to move away from NY and check out states with lower costs of living and better weather.

how does the leather feel on the jacket? is it warm or would you have to layer with it for a winter day? might cop as well :nerd:  

once i receive it, i'll let you know.

from the reviews, ppl stated that it's a light jacket

Last edited:
colorado has cheap living?

Connecticut is so damn expensive, tri state in general
I live in Colorado springs we're bout a hour south of denver. I can afford a 2 br apartment by myself on a tech support salary. Before my gf moved in I lived by myself, second bedroom was an office. Went from my parents house to here, never had a room mate. I'm in a good situation where the area I live in is somewhat cheap and my utilities are covered by my complex. My friend's 1 br apartment on the other side of town was still like 7-800 a month after rent/utilites though. Denver is gonna run you about 1k a month for 2br apartment for rent though.

If I ever move South, the accents will take some getting used to. I was passing through the carolinas and georgia, spoke to a few people with heavy accents.

wish i could live in LA for ~$1000 a month. everything at that price range is in a super old building (no new renovations) or in the sketch part of town :lol:

real talk im considering florida, texas, and SC
Where in SC?

Overall cost of living in NY is ridic.
haven't seriously looked into it. any move would still be a couple years away.
Charleston is the only place to consider in sc
Agree with the kid from sc.  Myrtle Beach is trash, Hilton Head is extra touristy and just meh, Columbia is a hellhole though there are a lot of good restaurants and the upstate doesn't have a lot around other than Clemson.  Just about every other area isn't worth mentioning.

If you'd consider NC, Charlotte is a pretty decent, young city and it's right on the border of SC.  The triangle is pretty decent too and I love the outer banks but IDK about living there year-round, nice to visit though.

real talk im considering florida, texas, and SC
Same, man. I have multiple job offers pending in places I've never heard of and I'm thinking about them due to cost of living.

NYC has never even attractive to me because of the high cost of living and I have the notation that folks are jerks, probably due to NT :lol:

wish i could live in LA for ~$1000 a month. everything at that price range is in a super old building (no new renovations) or in the sketch part of town :lol:
You can get a studio apt for $1k a month outside of LA. Look into San Fernando Valley or San Gabriel Valley. Won't be anything fancy but it won't be trap house steez.

I'm in LA a lot but would never want to live there.

i love nj/ny but since my sisters and their families moved away and my parents sold their house and are thinking more and more about retirement i don't really have any ties to the area any longer.

Back
Top Bottom