Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Any of you cool guys shop at Club Monaco? bought any suits from there?

Just realized I have access to them, as they are owned by RL… best news I heard all got damn day

I live in the west side of downtown Chicago and i'm flat out just tired of living in Chicago. The state tax is ridiculous, the gas prices rival LA (sometimes higher), hell i used to love winters here, now it just irritates the hell outta me.

Already applied to 2 gigs in Houston. Being in the oil and gas field, that's definitely where my next home has to be.

I gotta bounce!
laugh.gif
Prepare for the heat! It's unbearably hot and humid for 11 months out of the year. Like you, I became tired of winter prior to moving to Houston. I lasted a few years and had to get out. Having no seasons except summer and mild summer were starting to get to me. I love winter now! Also, get use to seeing people throw on down parkas and beanies in 65-70 degree weather
laugh.gif
Good luck on the job search.

Last edited:

Just realized I have access to them, as they are owned by RL… best news I heard all got damn day

Saw the love you showed in the RL thread. Hoping to shop with you once the money gets longer.

I have their wool bomber...fit is immaculate.

Merino wool sweaters are soft and luxurious. Fit is perfect as well.

Button ups come in various fits, but they only do s-xl, which don't work too well with dress shirts, but are ok for casual shirts.

Can't comment on pants.

I sized true to my Jcrew sizing.

Last edited:

I've never owned anything from Club Monaco but if you're able to get a solid discount on their recent collab with Reigning Champ, I'd advise you to considering buying a hoodie. Reigning Champ hoodies/sweatshirts are, by far, of the highest quality I've ever owned. By far.
I've never had a pair, but I'm kinda interested. Any idea how they fit compared to other brands?
In my experience, Stan Smiths (and most Adidas Originals) tend to run a half size larger than Air Maxes. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I can't decide. Green, navy, or both. I feel like the navy fit better with my wardrobe but the green is so classic and 95% of the shoe is white any way. Prolly go with green.

Limited joints. Who knows when they'll come out this good quality again I should just cop both. Dude said normally he'd give discount for two pairs but there was only a hundred or so of this edition released in HK.

What makes those limited editions different from the normal ones? His face on the tongue?

I can't decide. Green, navy, or both. I feel like the navy fit better with my wardrobe but the green is so classic and 95% of the shoe is white any way. Prolly go with green.

Limited joints. Who knows when they'll come out this good quality again I should just cop both. Dude said normally he'd give discount for two pairs but there was only a hundred or so of this edition released in HK.

yo hennessy,

did you ever find out the reasons behind the different releases?

I bought this grant suit on sale .http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/i...1.12280933.16247806&ab=ln_men_apparel_suiting  .  I got that blazer and matching pants for 200. There suits are cut really slim. I'm 6'3 and i walk around at 190 and I got a 42 L  and it fit realy slim on me . There casual shirts are also cut really slim too but the quality is really good somewhere between PRL and RRL .I wear a Large In RRL with room to spare, In Club Monaco I wear a Large slim fit and there is no wiggle room.

yo hennessy,

did you ever find out the reasons behind the different releases?

The limited edition pairs came out a week ago for promotion overseas. They were basically a true quickstrike to build some hype for the main release.

I think the leather is better too. The GR one have leather on the heel instead of nubuck or suede like the ones posted.

Both have face on tongue. the limited have a tongue which is just a strip of leather with stitching on top like OG pairs. GR has a puffy tongue with stitching that joins top part of tongue where laces sit and bottom part where your foot touches. If that makes sense. Just compare the pics I posted with kithnyc pics you will see.

Also more premium leather on limited and slightly yellow tinted sole for vintage look. More OG sleeker shape and different box.

Last edited:
The limited edition pairs came out a week ago for promotion overseas. They were basically a true quickstrike to build some hype for the main release.
Both have face on tongue. the limited have a tongue which is just a strip of leather with stitching on top like OG pairs. GR has a puffy tongue with stitching that joins top part of tongue where laces sit and bottom part where your foot touches. If that makes sense. Just compare the pics I posted with kithnyc pics you will see.

Also more premium leather on limited and slightly yellow tinted sole for vintage look. More OG sleeker shape and different box.

adidas dropped the damn ball on this one man.. i was looking forward to the OG feel.. the Ewings (Attitudes) I copped last week have the OG feeling tongue with the foamy cushion and thin netting that sits behind the tongue..

adidas dropped the damn ball on this one man.. i was looking forward to the OG feel.. the Ewings (Attitudes) I copped last week have the OG feeling tongue with the foamy cushion and thin netting that sits behind the tongue..

If their intent was to confuse the consumer about quality they definitely succeeded because it took me a while to figure out what the hell was going on with this release. But, be thankful they are not that sought after an most people won't know the difference. If you want the OG feel then cop now because you can basically find them any size for retail just gotta deal with overseas stuff. Imagine if JB did this with OG colors and material quality quickstrikes out of no where before a more GR release though. It would be mayhem. I applaud Adidas for this release though all the promotions and stuff were awesome. Limited pairs were mostly at high tier accounts that would get consortiums and also at events overseas hosted in giant replica shoebox buildings where you could Stan yourself and get a hang tag with your face on the logo as well as a limited pair. And 5 people on twitter actually get the shoe with their face on the tongue. So dope. Still waiting to get stan'ed on twitter there's a day left I believe they are trying to do as many people as possible.

I bought this grant suit on sale .http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/i...1.12280933.16247806&ab=ln_men_apparel_suiting .  I got that blazer and matching pants for 200. There suits are cut really slim. I'm 6'3 and i walk around at 190 and I got a 42 L  and it fit realy slim on me . There casual shirts are also cut really slim too but the quality is really good somewhere between PRL and RRL .I wear a Large In RRL with room to spare, In Club Monaco I wear a Large slim fit and there is no wiggle room.

Much appreciated, I will look into that

Marz- Thanks for the info

Club Monaco is good when on sale but they are overpriced for a mall brand.

I posted a couple of months ago that I wanted a belted cardigan until I saw the price tag of over $200. I would rather spring a bit more and get something like an SNS Herning on sale.

If their intent was to confuse the consumer about quality they definitely succeeded because it took me a while to figure out what the hell was going on with this release. But, be thankful they are not that sought after an most people won't know the difference. If you want the OG feel then cop now because you can basically find them any size for retail just gotta deal with overseas stuff. Imagine if JB did this with OG colors and material quality quickstrikes out of no where before a more GR release though. It would be mayhem. I applaud Adidas for this release though all the promotions and stuff were awesome. Limited pairs were mostly at high tier accounts that would get consortiums and also at events overseas hosted in giant replica shoebox buildings where you could Stan yourself and get a hang tag with your face on the logo as well as a limited pair. And 5 people on twitter actually get the shoe with their face on the tongue. So dope. Still waiting to get stan'ed on twitter there's a day left I believe they are trying to do as many people as possible.

i just copped the OG fairway Stan Smith from Tres Bien..$110 shipped actually isn't bad.. so that brings my count to 2 US pairs (from cncpts) and one UK pair.. no consortiums for me smh :smh: lol

Back
Top Bottom