Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks. I was thinking of wearing a charcoal suit with a black/white gingham shirt and black knit tie. Any ideas of what color shoes I can wear?

Personally, I would go with a brown, most likely walnut. However, you can go with a darker shade of brown, you can also wear black with a dark charcoal suit. Brown pops more, but that's just personal preference. Make sure your belt matches :wink:

Pocket squares... what's the rule of thumb with regards to your tie? I have a black knit tie with white stripes and I'm thinking of doing a black pocket square with white polkadots. Is that faux pas at all? Grey suit/white shirt by the way...
ascot-black-and-white-striped-knit-tie.jpg

Not a fan of knit ties with a suit. Knit ties are casual and you seem to be going the formal route and putting too much thought into your outfit. Get a black slim tie and rock your pocket square.

Brooks Brother VS Charles Tyrwhitt, which is better.
I need button downs.
I love the fit of my Burberry Brits, Gucci, and other high end stuff, sometimes you need something a lil more low key.
I just want to throw in some variety.
Anyone have a suggestion on some extra slim buttons down without the box pleat. Please stand up.

Personally I like CT a little bit better, and hate the term "button down", the way you are using it. Just a pet peeve.

Unless you are referring to the collar type you are looking for :wink:

Does anyone know how often Brooks Brothers have sales? Debating on pulling the trigger on some items vs. holding off

They just had one, next one will probably be Black Friday.

Last edited:
Anybody know the best place to get stone or light khaki slim chinos other than the docker's alphas? I cant find any of the alpha khakis in the color I want they're all sold out

Last edited:
Never bro, I thought the same thing once I got home.. I won't rock them and the bag at the same time
laugh.gif
.. I got a thing for green, tho and just about any shade of grey.

Anyone know where to get pants with elastic/cuffed bottoms? I know KITH does them quite frequently, but I'm looking for something a bit more plain. I bought the Adidas Break pant last night and they are pretty cool but I wouldn't mind a couple of more pairs.

X52577_F_s4.png

Actually, KITH just released these. I'll check them out when I'm in NYC next weekend.

RedFloralDrawstring_KS1_1024x1024.jpg

Some were asking for bags in this thread a while back and I always suggested Jack Spade, well they have a F&F sale right now, 30% off everything.

Code: JSFF2012

Some were asking for bags in this thread a while back and I always suggested Jack Spade, well they have a F&F sale right now, 30% off everything.
Code: JSFF2012

Thanx cuz.

Do you recommend the oxfords?

I need oxfords without the box pleat.

Last edited:
I actually like their shirts, the ones I've handled looks and feels well made, they were thick too, probably from a Fall/Winter season. I do see them at Nordstrom Rack often for much cheaper (~$70-$80 each) so I'd just get some bags from this particular sale if I needed one.

I actually like their shirts, the ones I've handled looks and feels well made, they were thick too, probably from a Fall/Winter season. I do see them at Nordstrom Rack often for much cheaper (~$70-$80 each) so I'd just get some bags from this particular sale if I needed one.

Yeah i like those thick ones. I never see them in my size at the Rack though. Always a small.

What brand? I like that military style without the cargo pocket on the side...though I'd prefer just a solid olive color.

I think it'd be dope if there were similar pants to these in a slim fit but without the enormous and extra pockets, olive with just camo accents:

Last edited:
pinoy732,

Great fits man, ur def on the come up!
Btw do u wear stuff like blazers n sports coats, to school? Tuckin in ur shirts and all that? No hate just wonderin...i go to school in a desert climate so its extremely casual..even in the winter dudes wear bball shorts and flip flops...if i wear well fitting polos/button ups and jeans i stick out ..lol i cant even really rock outerwear..unless its unlined blazers and ive never seen ppl rock that at my school...

Once i wore some salmon colored chinos and an oxford shirt half tucked, wasnt even ironed , amd some sperrys to class..and my teacher asked if i had a job interview after...lol

Idk, i think dressing better varies A LOT on climate...

Anyway just wanted to give u props, keep postin man

i actually didnt know, but if anyone buys from brooks brothers @ retail, there's a corporate membership program to save 15% at every purchase

pinoy732,
Great fits man, ur def on the come up!
Btw do u wear stuff like blazers n sports coats, to school? Tuckin in ur shirts and all that? No hate just wonderin...i go to school in a desert climate so its extremely casual..even in the winter dudes wear bball shorts and flip flops...if i wear well fitting polos/button ups and jeans i stick out ..lol i cant even really rock outerwear..unless its unlined blazers and ive never seen ppl rock that at my school...
Once i wore some salmon colored chinos and an oxford shirt half tucked, wasnt even ironed , amd some sperrys to class..and my teacher asked if i had a job interview after...lol
Idk, i think dressing better varies A LOT on climate...
Anyway just wanted to give u props, keep postin man
appreciate it fam
honestly, i guess my climate allows me to wear a lot more things so thats a plus but more so, i wear what i want lol.
i try to keep that i wear "dressier" fits to events like meetings with my business fraternity and such but every now and then, ill just throw a jacket on with some chinos/jeans. just depends on how i feel that day.
at first, people would always ask if i had an interview or something. now, most people just go, "oh, that's just how Adrian dresses" (my name lol)
let that boy cook steez

I need a freakin stylist......

Find any girl that has some sort of fashion sense. I learned this through my 10 year old daughter. She doesnt material and cuts, but she knows colors. I pick out the clothes and I ask her for the color combinations. I will lay out a suits, ties, shirts, socks, and shoes. I ask her with that point out the colors that she thinks look good together. She is not perfect all the time but most of the time I go with her suggestion. Everytime I go with her suggestion I get nice compliments from the ladies. They get moist when I tell them my 10 yr old daughter picked it out.

At 10 she is only good with colors.

You can even try the female SA's in the stores. If your single its a great way to get yambs. If not ask your girl or wife. It can lead to trouble, trust.

Last edited:
Ok guys need some help. I'm a short skinny dude and its hard finding slim or fitted dress shirts that suit me. Normally they fit well body wise but there are always room in the arms due to my lack of muscle mass. What brands contain slim shirts with narrow sleeves? Hitting up the outlets tomorrow so any advice would help. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom