Dressing Better Vol 2.0

shirts, chinos, sweaters, etc.
Shirt: epaulet, wolf vs goat, kent wang. Honestly j. Crews shirts aren't bad on sale if no major tailoring is needed.

Their chinos are ok as well, ESP the 484 line.

Sweater is a big difference tho. The wools and cashmere Jcrew uses aren't the best. It's good enough to wear and throw away since it's cheap. The good sweaters I have from higher brands don't pill as much as the j crews.

Sorry for the typing. Typing from the cell and not proof reading.

I don't like how J Crew uses pockets on their Ludlow shirts. It's fine on a casual button down but it ruins the look of a dress shirt

Got my list :smile:
Help on a decision for adding a walnut into the mix? Current rotation for work is a black PA and merlot brogue tassel loafer, and burgandy penny loafers. Planning to get brogue suede strands (looks med brown from Google images). Walnut choices are PAs or Sanfords.

No bluchers currently but iffy on more brouges/medallion though I think Sanfords can run double duty.

Looking for a cheaper alternative to the Gucci driver shoes. My boy rocked a pair this weekend that looked great but but I can't be dropping $500 on a pair of casual shoes.

I guess I'm basically looking for a quality brown/black leather driver with a nice modern/stylish shape. Don't really like the shape of the AE drivers I checked out.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Looking for a cheaper alternative to the Gucci driver shoes. My boy rocked a pair this weekend that looked great but but I can't be dropping $500 on a pair of casual shoes.

I guess I'm basically looking for a quality brown/black leather driver with a nice modern/stylish shape. Don't really like the shape of the AE drivers I checked out.

Any recommendations?
Rockport and Banana Republic have some for around a $100. Not bad looking either.

Never heard of wolf vs goat, weird brand name.
It's a home grown brand like toj or kent wang.

Good looks on the list...

For people that have AE shoes, what are some of your favorite models? Seems like they have 300 and going back and forth from the list to site sucks :x

Much appreciated

Any recommendations?
You could get these for about $150 after employee discount.  Oh, wait...

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16151556

Anyone with AE players care to chime in on sizing?

I'm an 8d PA, 8 in Clark's dbs. Stick to the 8d for the players?

For people that have AE shoes, what are some of your favorite models? Seems like they have 300 and going back and forth from the list to site sucks
sick.gif

Much appreciated

If you are looking at the 2 for $250 deal, good bet to go with the Brook Bros version of the Park Ave, Firth Ave, Strand etc. The AE branded version of those models is rarely found for that price.

For people that have AE shoes, what are some of your favorite models? Seems like they have 300 and going back and forth from the list to site sucks
sick.gif

Much appreciated

If you are looking at the 2 for $250 deal, good bet to go with the Brook Bros version of the Park Ave, Firth Ave, Strand etc. The AE branded version of those models is rarely found for that price.

thejrob thejrob
Most popular models are: Park ave, fifth ave, clifton, slaton, saunders, sanderson, singleton, neumoks, strands, macallister, neumora (personally not a fan but popular).

Aside from the presido joints, there were no brooks on my list. Excluded this time around? :nerd:

Finally ordered snuff suede neumoks 8)

NT famb.. help a young brotha out.

I need some good suggestions for some low priced but decent quality blazers / suit shoes.

for the shoes, max is around $125..

Blazers, max is around $150?

not sure what I can get.. new to all this. Educate me if needed.

thanks yall! :nthat:

sick.gif

Much appreciated

Any way to stock locate these the lists I've received don't have this version. I like them for work. :nerd:

I know you got database access... :nerd:

NT famb.. help a young brotha out.

I need some good suggestions for some low priced but decent quality blazers / suit shoes.

for the shoes, max is around $125..

Blazers, max is around $150?

not sure what I can get.. new to all this. Educate me if needed.

thanks yall! :nthat:
At such low price points you should stick to H and M for the blazer. Maybe get an on sale pair of shoes from Macy's. I bought a pair of CK Wingtips from Macy's on sale for around $50 when I was still a student. Wore that thing quite a bit. Still have it in the trunk :lol:

I hate being from Cali when it comes to winter wear. I pretty much have to force myself to wear my coats every time it drops below 60. I think it's been cold enough to wear a wool coat here for two weeks tops the last 6 months :lol: every other time I wore my coats I ended up sweating after 30 mins and taking them off anyway :lol: at least they'll last me a lifetime unless I get fat

Last edited:
Any way to stock locate these the lists I've received don't have this version. I like them for work. :nerd:

I know you got database access... :nerd:

I no longer work there, just assumed they would be on the list since they always were in the past. Maybe inventory is low, or maybe excluded this time around.

AE 2 for $250 seconds sale is on now shoebank@allenedmonds.com
Rep, scooped some walnut fifth ave & choco suede singleton

Couple work checks have turned that boy A full heel.

The young buul types every response with his nose held high now. :lol:
Those first few paychecks had me feeling (and spending) like a rich man, took a bit to budget once I moved out of my parents house :lol: but I rode the gravy train as long as I could

Back
Top Bottom