Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Also.

Info on button down shirts that do not need to be tucked in?

I want to have a nice wardrobe for next school year but I don't want to have shirts that hang sloppily.

i saw you call j crew boring on SF . you broke my heart bruh
It is boring, bruh :lol: that's why swd dislikes the brand and anything GQ related :lol:

Boring doesn't necessary mean bad. It's just cookie cutter workwear and menswear.

I want to have a nice wardrobe for next school year but I don't want to have shirts that hang sloppily.
Those are called sport shirts.

i saw you call j crew boring on SF . you broke my heart bruh
It is boring, bruh
laugh.gif
that's why swd dislikes the brand and anything GQ related
laugh.gif

Boring doesn't necessary mean bad. It's just cookie cutter workwear and menswear.
Those are called sport shirts.
Wait, since when is boring ≠ bad? 
laugh.gif

It's not. It's so mundane that makes it boring, just like other heritage brands. You're never going to see drop crotch pants or a double rider from J. Crew.
Unless some other company puts them out and they become big hits. Then J crew will put em out. Like what they did with camo and jogger sweats.

To be fair it seems like everywhere I look there are jogger sweatpants on the racks. Word to pleather and shiny ones I saw at burlington coat factory.

Anyone ever buy from thetiebar.com?

I want to buy some skinny ties and they have a lot, and also a tie bar which I always seem to lose every time I buy one. How is the quality on the ties?

Avoid their knits. Horrible quality imo.

I have two bowties (silk and satin) that seem decent. I would recommend them/jcrew factory for those starting to accumulate the essentials. Personally I would advise to not go too skinny. 2.75-3" is the sweet spot for slim ties. Anything less is off IMO.

Where can I find someone to make me a well made / material suit for a price range around $400 - $500? My tailor said light padding on the shoulders is the style these days. The look should be a little rounded at the end of the shoulder. Someone school me on this.

Where can I find someone to make me a well made / material suit for a price range around $400 - $500? My tailor said light padding on the shoulders is the style these days. The look should be a little rounded at the end of the shoulder. Someone school me on this.
Prices too low. Even the cheaper MTM services like Thick as Thieves are at $600ish now. Kent wang is around a grand.

Yeah. In the grand scheme of things, $500 is a really really low point considering a MTM suit is made to your specs and the cost of finer fabrics are quite costlier.

Suit Supply is a good option too. I know a few here have gone that route.

Yeah. In the grand scheme of things, $500 is a really really low point considering a MTM suit is made to your specs and the cost of finer fabrics are quite costlier.

Suit Supply is a good option too. I know a few here have gone that route.

Depending on his built I would say that it's worth spending the extra $100 and going MTM with TaT.

is the JCF thompson worsted wool worth with the price at about $300?

jacket is on sale for $187 and pants are $117 right now...

nerd.gif

Last edited:

is the JCF thompson worsted wool worth with the price at about $300?

jacket is on sale for $187 and pants are $117 right now...

:nerd:  
Not sure about the quality but Gilt City had an additional 25% off, not sure if it's still going on 

Edit:
Seems to still be going on and brings total cost to $228 before tax / shipping: 
http://www.giltcity.com/national/jcrewfactoryapr
Only worth it for around this price. $200 is worth it imo. Not much more

Back
Top Bottom