Dressing Better Vol 2.0

found these at the stone island store in Munich.  they have sizes available and are on sale for about 300 euro.  I tried them on and love them, but the question still remains: will I spend the money, and if I do, how long after will I have to be broke?

Last edited:

found these at the stone island store in Munich.  they have sizes available and are on sale for about 300 euro.  I tried them on and love them, but the question still remains: will I spend the money, and if I do, how long after will I have to be broke?
wheredeydodisat

Can someone please give me some insight on J.Crew's summer Ludlow suiting? I went into the store the other day, but I felt like I was being hounded by all the sales associates. They must work on commission or something, because I had someone approaching me every 5 minutes.

I was looking for something super breathable, but conservative as well. Obviously, I can't go with any sort of seersucker or linen, so I figured this would be a good compromise.

I'm currently wearing this Peak Lapel summer suit from Paul Stuart, but im still roasting in this thing. Super 140's wool and unconstructed lining as well.

I've tried everything, guys. I stopped wearing under shirts, wore nike pro combat compression shorts, dress shirts are pure cotton 120's+ and I'm still sweating and coming into work with sweat marks all over my shirt. Thank god my pits don't sweat and I stain my shirts at least.

I suspect there's nothing that can be done, considering I have clothes close to my body and I have to walk 4 blocks to work every morning and night.

Last edited:
I'm heading there (as you know) to pick up something for a wedding, too. I was going to go with cotton or maybe chino. Wasn't a huge fan of the seersucker.

Any advice on this would help me out too, so IMA just piggy back your post Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio .:lol:

Last edited:
I don't think the suits will look good on you, Hank. The 2.5" lapel looks good on slimmer guys IMO. The Ludlow is cut slim too overall. Iirc, you're a bigger cat.

I've tried everything, guys. I stopped wearing under shirts, wore nike pro combat compression shorts, dress shirts are pure cotton 120's+ and I'm still sweating and coming into work with sweat marks all over my shirt. Thank god my pits don't sweat and I stain my shirts at least.

I suspect there's nothing that can be done, considering I have clothes close to my body and I have to walk 4 blocks to work every morning and night.
I always wear an undershirt, especially in the extreme hot, it helps absorb sweat and prevents it from seeping into my dress shirt. If my undershirt does become sweaty I usually take it off in the bathroom and go without an undershirt in the office 

I personally use these: http://www.thompsontee.com/  

Last edited:
1. How many shoes did Adrian post on his front doorstep on Aug 31 of last year. - 31

2. What is WJ4's join date? - 7/2002

3. I have 2 brothers who played professional football, what are their names? Year they were drafted, and original drafting team?
Zack Crockett, 1995, Indianapolis Colts
Henri Crockett, 1997, Atlanta Falcons

4. What is the DBNT approved entry level dress shoe brand? - Allen Edmonds

5. Name all of the NTers that have been featured on TSBMen.com.
- Elkin
- Sergio
- Adrian

Edit: If these are the correct answers, I don't think I have 5 posts in the past month though :wow: How about 5 posts ever? haha
Give it to this dude.

I don't eem know how many were on my doorstep :lol:

1. How many shoes did Adrian post on his front doorstep on Aug 31 of last year. - 31

2. What is WJ4's join date? - 7/2002

3. I have 2 brothers who played professional football, what are their names? Year they were drafted, and original drafting team?
Zack Crockett, 1995, Indianapolis Colts
Henri Crockett, 1997, Atlanta Falcons

4. What is the DBNT approved entry level dress shoe brand? - Allen Edmonds

5. Name all of the NTers that have been featured on TSBMen.com.
- Elkin
- Sergio
- Adrian

Edit: If these are the correct answers, I don't think I have 5 posts in the past month though :wow: How about 5 posts ever? haha
Give it to this dude.

I don't eem know how many were on my doorstep :lol:
Without a doubt he wins! vicenteedgardo vicenteedgardo PM Me your address.

A good family friend dropped off an Isaia jacket and asked if I wanted it.

It's a 40 and I'm usually right in between a 38 & 40 so that's good. The shoulders fit perfect and so does the upper back. The sleeves are a little loose and and about an inch too long, and have working buttons.  If I keep it (free $0.99) I'm going to have to get them shortened and move the two bottom buttons above the top two, which will obviously leave button holes near hte end of the sleeves.

Would you A). Give it back to the homie in hopes he can find someone who fits in perfect with no need to alterations, knowing that whoever that person is won't have a clue about Isaia. B). Say F it and put $150 into in knowing the sleeves will be off.

I'm planning on keeping it. If it wasn't so dope I'd think otherwise but it's tough to pass up a free Isaia. 

A good family friend dropped off an Isaia jacket and asked if I wanted it.

It's a 40 and I'm usually right in between a 38 & 40 so that's good. The shoulders fit perfect and so does the upper back. The sleeves are a little loose and and about an inch too long, and have working buttons. If I keep it (free $0.99) I'm going to have to get them shortened and move the two bottom buttons above the top two, which will obviously leave button holes near hte end of the sleeves.

Would you A). Give it back to the homie in hopes he can find someone who fits in perfect with no need to alterations, knowing that whoever that person is won't have a clue about Isaia. B). Say F it and put $150 into in knowing the sleeves will be off.

I'm planning on keeping it. If it wasn't so dope I'd think otherwise but it's tough to pass up a free Isaia. 
Find a competent tailor who can shorten from the shoulder.

Moving around functional buttons is just a straight up no.

True. It can be done but I've read/heard it's a very tough modification. That's good advice though. 

True. It can be done but I've read/heard it's a very tough modification. That's good advice though. 
My guy has done it for when I brought something in for my brother. Didn't even tell me about the issue; just did it lol.

Came out fine, and he didn't even charge me the difference. I will forever go to him until he retires.

My guy has done it for when I brought something in for my brother. Didn't even tell me about the issue; just did it lol.

Came out fine, and he didn't even charge me the difference. I will forever go to him until he retires.
Perfect advice. My tailor does this. Its a free jacket that was very expensive. I would put the cash into the alterations with the quickness.

I don't think the suits will look good on you, Hank. The 2.5" lapel looks good on slimmer guys IMO. The Ludlow is cut slim too overall. Iirc, you're a bigger cat.

Yeah, I thought about that.

When I was looking for summer suits last year, I considered the Ludlows but opted to get the Paul Stuart peak lapel instead because it did look better on me.

I still can't believe there aren't many suits designed for guys with broad shoulders and slim waistlines.

When I was looking for summer suits last year, I considered the Ludlows but opted to get the Paul Stuart peak lapel instead because it did look better on me.

I still can't believe there aren't many suits designed for guys with broad shoulders and slim waistlines.
I was gifted a cotton/linen ludlow. I will wear it plenty this summer....but I thoroughly hate the lapel size.

Have you looked into suit supply? The Napoli seems to be pretty broad shouldered, and the drop is more than I can fit. Not sure if they make it with lightweight fabrics though.

Have you looked into suit supply? The Napoli seems to be pretty broad shouldered, and the drop is more than I can fit. Not sure if they make it with lightweight fabrics though.

Tried the Napoli and didn't like the fit or quality. Then I tried the Washington and liked the fit on that much better, quality was still an issue though.

The final straw for me was the terrible customer service my friend and I received.

Last edited:
Tried the Napoli and didn't like the fit or quality. Then I tried the Washington and liked the fit on that much better, quality was still an issue though.

The final straw for me was the terrible customer service my friend and I received.

Damn, I see. Luckily I've only had to deal with shipping and free returns, which have all been smooth.

What was it about the quality you didn't like? The navy napolis I've handled I thought were similar to the jcrew worsted wool ludlow I have, but as a relative newbie to suits I might be missing something.

Back
Top Bottom