Dressing Better Vol 2.0

for my most recent trip to the caribbean, my footwear rotation consisted of white sneakers (vans), driving mocs, espadrilles and flipflops. was versatile and comfortable

Last edited:
:rofl:

#DressingBetter
Son. I was :pimp: when I had the pink pinwheel to go with my size 3xl Expresss button up (shout out to Hov for saying it was alright to rock said shirt with fitted cap) and the women's low top white and pink Jordan 12s. The girl I was seeing at the time was as equally bad with the fashion :rofl:

Regarding summer time footwear. I have my sandals and my 4 pairs of Mocs and loafers that I wear sockless. I'm always tempted to get gladiator sandals. They would look dope with a white short sleeve shirt.

It's like 80 F degrees right now. I'm done with my meetings so I came home to change into a tank. This is what I typically wear in the summer time.

Last edited:
I rock timbs to the beach and sneaks all the time. Lol I don't care. Wear what u like! Don't worry about rules!

#DressingBetter
Son. I was :pimp: when I had the pink pinwheel to go with my size 3xl Expresss button up (shout out to Hov for saying it was alright to rock said shirt with fitted cap) and the women's low top white and pink Jordan 12s. The girl I was seeing at the time was as equally bad with the fashion :rofl:
I remember when Jay said he was dressing like an adult with a terrible fitting striped button up.

You need to find some of those pics, bro. We need to see.:lol:

Only time I dressed like a fool in college was in 2003 when I was a freshman. It was when people wore sweat headbands and armbands everyday for some reason. I had 4 headbands and would wear one everyday to class.

Only time I dressed like a fool in college was in 2003 when I was a freshman. It was when people wore sweat headbands and armbands everyday for some reason. I had 4 headbands and would wear one everyday to class.
Dual headbands crossing like Nelly down to the band aid. Cats be c-walking at lunch time while holding up their pants with one hand since it's 6 sizes too big. Wheat timbs were heavy in play, but cats couldn't find anything to match so they settled for yellow tops :lol:

If you had a crisp white tee, the velour suit, and some white AF1s....you were God.

I had to use disposable cameras back then to take pics. Most, if not all, were lost as time went on :frown:

My roommate and I looked like the most urban Asians at school. Oversized north face coats, timbs, baggy jeans, and white tees.

Dual headbands crossing like Nelly down to the band aid. Cats be c-walking at lunch time while holding up their pants with one hand since it's 6 sizes too big. Wheat timbs were heavy in play, but cats couldn't find anything to match so they settled for yellow tops :lol:

If you had a crisp white tee, the velour suit, and some white AF1s....you were God.

I had to use disposable cameras back then to take pics. Most, if not all, were lost as time went on :frown:

The velour suits mannnn I miss those.

Anyone know where I can get some tan/camel chelsea boots? I bought a pair from Bobbies Paris but they don't fit right and they ran out of my size.

The velour suits mannnn I miss those.
With the tapered sweat pants being in, I can totally see a slim fitting velour suit being hot soon by high end designers. Paired it with an elongated t shirt and it can be really awesome.

With the tapered sweat pants being in, I can totally see a slim fitting velour suit being hot soon by high end designers. Paired it with an elongated t shirt and it can be really awesome.

only the pants are slim, but tops are getting really baggy. I like the look. Reminds me of how people dress in south east asia Indo Pak. Long flowy shirts with skinny trousers.

Last edited:
only the pants are slim, but tops are getting really baggy. I like the look. Reminds me of how people dress in south east asia Indo Pak. Long flowy shirts with skinny trousers.
I think it's more loose than baggy. And it's designed that way. It's not like we sizes up 3 sizes back in the day.

You're from Indonesia?

Anyone know any boat shoes on the cheaper end? I only plan on wearing them once. Probably brown

I'd check Burlington if there's one around you.
Checked there, marshalls tjx h&m and almost everywhere in between. Might have to look for another style shoe.

Also, since I'm used to urban style fashion, and slowly transitioning to "dressing better", is it inappropriate to wear shorts that are at the knee with a button up shirt tucked in? Sleeves rolled up of course

Brb, getting my old velour suits tapered

I'm about to get an Enyce velour tailored, b.

SON...that brand caused a never ending debate. EN-Y-CE or E-nii-che?

The market was so diluted in the early 2000s....every rapper had something going...Outkast, Snoop Dogg, Vokal :lol:

I thought I was doing it with my Iceberg gear. I should've kept those joints for nostalgia. I loved the Ecko x Marvel collection though, I thought they really had something going on. Also loved Akademiks when it first debuted.

In addition to the velour suit, I think if you have the Rocawear shiny denim suit with the "ROCAWEAR" written across the upper back....you were that dude.

The downfall with that stuff was that each season was so distinctive, the 'shelf life' of freshness 'expires'. Your boys would be sideway joking saying something like "oh he trying to look fresh in that Ecko hoody that came out last year...probably copped it at Ross" :lol: :smh:

Nice Meermin Chelseas, wj4. Did you go true to size? I've been debating about picking up some Chelseas, but haven't pulled the trigger since I'm wondering whether I should save up for some MTO RM Williams or go with some Meermins for less cash. 

Back
Top Bottom