Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Nice Meermin Chelseas, wj4. Did you go true to size? I've been debating about picking up some Chelseas, but haven't pulled the trigger since I'm wondering whether I should save up for some MTO RM Williams or go with some Meermins for less cash. 
Yep. Went tts as my Carminas. They are a bit tight but hoping to stretch a bit soon since its suede. Side by side comparison shows the length is a bit shorter than other shoes in the same size.

Anyone with an opinion of tucked in button up shirts in shorts?

Yay or nay?
I always tuck my dress shirts in but not sport shirts. Not sure what you're referring to as button ups since button ups referr to there being buttons on the collar. Lots of people are misusing the word.

It also depends on what shorts. Tucked shirt would look horrible with loose and baggy shorts.

Nice Meermin Chelseas, wj4. Did you go true to size? I've been debating about picking up some Chelseas, but haven't pulled the trigger since I'm wondering whether I should save up for some MTO RM Williams or go with some Meermins for less cash. 
Yep. Went tts as my Carminas. They are a bit tight but hoping to stretch a bit soon since its suede. Side by side comparison shows the length is a bit shorter than other shoes in the same size.

Anyone with an opinion of tucked in button up shirts in shorts?

Yay or nay?
I always tuck my dress shirts in but not sport shirts. Not sure what you're referring to as button ups since button ups referr to there being buttons on the collar. Lots of people are misusing the word.

It also depends on what shorts. Tucked shirt would look horrible with loose and baggy shorts.

Well the shorts are def not baggy. But not nut huggers either. And I'm not referring to a sport shirt. Im actually talking about a shirt buttoned all the way down.

I sent my lady a pic of me trying on the clothes and she said we're not supposed to tuck in shirts unless its long pants.. I thought the concept I had was good until she made me reconsider :lol:

Don't wanna look like a fool who thinks they're doing it

Help on finding a good parka? Under 150 and in either black, dark green, navy or burgundy

Last edited:
Really sucks how good Cali weather is if you're into wearing nice clothes. I've got 4-5 coats in my closet that I haven't been able to wear since that one cold week in 2013 :lol: the only time they get worn is when my soft friends from Socal come to visit and borrow them, since they cry about sub 70 degree weather in February (unless they're from the coastal LA cities)

Last edited:
With the tapered sweat pants being in, I can totally see a slim fitting velour suit being hot soon by high end designers. Paired it with an elongated t shirt and it can be really awesome.

So much Comfort

ugh stupid post edit, talking about the velour suits

Last edited:
The point of tucking the shirt is for a cleaner silhouette. If it achieves that tuck it.

It really depends in the shirt.

Last edited:
I'm about to get an Enyce velour tailored, b.
:rofl:

SON...that brand caused a never ending debate. EN-Y-CE or E-nii-che?

The market was so diluted in the early 2000s....every rapper had something going...Outkast, Snoop Dogg, Vokal :lol:

I thought I was doing it with my Iceberg gear. I should've kept those joints for nostalgia. I loved the Ecko x Marvel collection though, I thought they really had something going on. Also loved Akademiks when it first debuted.

In addition to the velour suit, I think if you have the Rocawear shiny denim suit with the "ROCAWEAR" written across the upper back....you were that dude.

The downfall with that stuff was that each season was so distinctive, the 'shelf life' of freshness 'expires'. Your boys would be sideway joking saying something like "oh he trying to look fresh in that Ecko hoody that came out last year...probably copped it at Ross" :lol: :smh:
Iceberg!

Had a pair of Mickey Mouse and a pair of Pluto jeans traded the Pluto's for a pair of Space Jams...wonder if my boy still has the jeans.:lol:

The design going down the arm is what was going down the leg of the Iceberg jeans.

Wow, that just took me way back.

Last edited:
Reactions: wj4
Dudes talkin about sean john velour track suits what the hell looool

Thread done changed :rofl:

Only when you cop on sale with an extra 40% off
Yep. And the 50 percent off comes up often too. I never paid retail at BR when I shopped there.

The suiting sucks imo. The hand feels a lot worse than J. Crew. And this is coming from someone who had 2 jackets before giving them away.

I'm glad they brought Marissa Webb on board to revamp the direction. The men's department severely needs it. The whole Mad Men collab had so much potential and nothing was capitalized.

Back
Top Bottom